Adelaide vs mariners

Adelaide vs mariners

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Your Sunday match 
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (676 reputation)Amateur (676 reputation)Amateur (676 reputation)Amateur (676 reputation)Amateur (676 reputation)Amateur (676 reputation)Amateur (676 reputation)Amateur (676 reputation)Amateur (676 reputation)Amateur (676 reputation)Amateur (676 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 15 May 2022 11:28 AM
Your Sunday match 

All the comments in the Adelaide v Perth thread.

huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Monty ripped apart the refereeing for the year in his post match.

Doesn't blame it for the loss, but gives em a serve for the second goal, then questions why a part time ref from SA is reffing, than goes back and brings up the City robbery and points out the poor reffing has had a impact on the league standings.

To be fair he's not wrong. 

Still don't think the ref was a major issue today. Maybe a question about the second goal, but AU outplayed us  for a majority of the match, so no sour grapes for them going through.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Genuine question as I haven't seen any replays since being there - what was wrong with the 2nd goal?
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Davide82 - 16 May 2022 10:07 AM
Genuine question as I haven't seen any replays since being there - what was wrong with the 2nd goal?

Miller went off injured, Storm was ready to come on, but the ref didn't allow the sub at the throw, was later claimed Storm wasn't ready, but Storm was up and gtg, its why 10 had the add break at the time.

The goal was scored through an cross from Goodwin, exploiting the hole Miller had left.

Like I said, I don't blame the one action for the AU victory/CCM defeat and I think you'd be hard pressed finding some one that tries to declare AU didn't deserve the win.

Just more question marks above the officials, that all.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Watching both the replay and the highlights I can see nothing due to the camera following Miller off to the bench injured while the ref blew the restart - but seeing something posted elsewhere it may be that Miller came off with Roux waiting to replace him and the ref did not bring Roux on...?

Possibly a man down when the goal was scored...?

Edit: Nevermind - was answered in detail while I was typing :)

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Roar in me Blood
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

huddo - 16 May 2022 11:13 AM

Miller went off injured, Storm was ready to come on, but the ref didn't allow the sub at the throw, was later claimed Storm wasn't ready, but Storm was up and gtg, its why 10 had the add break at the time.

The goal was scored through an cross from Goodwin, exploiting the hole Miller had left.

Like I said, I don't blame the one action for the AU victory/CCM defeat and I think you'd be hard pressed finding some one that tries to declare AU didn't deserve the win.

Just more question marks above the officials, that all.

Interesting.
I was pretty distracted at that time and essentially missed that and the mariners goal.
Don't think I'll take a baby to another game for a while.

Anyway, happy with the win and I do have a soft spot for CCM so it's a shame we had to play them.

patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Mariners where probably shading the game before the first Adelaide goal. After that Adelaide played smart, broke up play with fouls, defended with sometimes 6 at the back. TBH from that point Adelaide never looked like losing. The second goal may have been iffy because of the Miller/Roux changeover but Adelaide was handling the Mariners attack easily and defending well. Deserved winners!!! 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

I like the look of Adelaide. Play a very good transition game.  Would be great if they do over The City Group.  

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search