Australia Cup 2022 Thread

Australia Cup 2022 Thread

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hillbilly55 - 28 Jul 2022 10:05 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 28 Jul 2022 9:20 AM

The "Mad Bugger" was a good interaction for us on the couch. A pity the broadcasters don't take the opportunity to have a few words with these characters iat the end of the game.
They should have hunted down the Heidelberg "Snake Charmer" Was he there, does anyone know? I cant remember hearing his clarinet on the broadcast....

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 28 Jul 2022 2:40 PM
tsf - 28 Jul 2022 1:31 PM

Plenty of Bergers and Hellas fans from the northern suburbs have Northcote as the "little brother" club :)

yeah you do see a cross over of them - the snake charmer you mentioned I used to see there a lot. 

To be honest, I have only really followed on social media this year. I haven't gone to a game as so many have been on at bad times/locations for me, plus I only got back from europe a few days ago.. But after a bad start they've starting to come good. Won 4 from last 5. 
Was thinking of going tomorrow but again, a 8.30 kick off with two little kids isnt easy. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf - 28 Jul 2022 3:20 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 28 Jul 2022 2:40 PM

yeah you do see a cross over of them - the snake charmer you mentioned I used to see there a lot. 

To be honest, I have only really followed on social media this year. I haven't gone to a game as so many have been on at bad times/locations for me, plus I only got back from europe a few days ago.. But after a bad start they've starting to come good. Won 4 from last 5. 
Was thinking of going tomorrow but again, a 8.30 kick off with two little kids isnt easy. 

I hear ya..... thankfully my youngest is 10 so the missus doesn't give me too much grief If I duck out to the soccer on the weekends :)..... Sat 5.30 at JL Murphy is a much more reasonable ko time ;)
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

AyyLeague - 27 Jul 2022 6:27 PM
Brenton1986 - 26 Jul 2022 3:10 PM

They could have played at Knights Stadium if they weren't so stingy.

didn't help when Melbourne Knights has got a catch up game in NPL Victoria next Friday against Green Gully Cavaliers hence their training on the Wednesday thus were out of the equation straight away.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Hey does anyone know what happened at Olympic Village the other night? I just heard that a bunch of Melbourne Victory balaklava wearers punched some poor Brisbane scarfer kid and tried to take his little flag or something??? Apparently these are the same 10 or 15 dildos that follow Clemente around at womens NPL games (Heidelberg current WNPL coach, disappointingly for them, is allegedly a convicted former Melbourne Victory thug and all round tool according to people at the club) These same guys were seen behind the goals at the South v Heidelberg Nike Cup Semi a few weeks ago and apparently spent most of the game making disgusting comments and  "barking" at a bunch of female players...... some as young as 16........  A Heidelberg member friend is furious and so ashamed that his proud club can be linked to such disgusting people....
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Jul 2022 2:39 PM
Hey does anyone know what happened at Olympic Village the other night? I just heard that a bunch of Melbourne Victory balaklava wearers punched some poor Brisbane scarfer kid and tried to take his little flag or something??? Apparently these are the same 10 or 15 dildos that follow Clemente around at womens NPL games (Heidelberg current WNPL coach, disappointingly for them, is allegedly a convicted former Melbourne Victory thug and all round tool according to people at the club) These same guys were seen behind the goals at the South v Heidelberg Nike Cup Semi a few weeks ago and apparently spent most of the game making disgusting comments and  "barking" at a bunch of female players...... some as young as 16........  A Heidelberg member friend is furious and so ashamed that his proud club can be linked to such disgusting people....

There was a post about it on a league Reddit. It’s just interesting how you have some people who choose to devote their life to helping people and then others who just throw their own life away to fight randoms. Strange world we’re in 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 29 Jul 2022 5:46 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Jul 2022 2:39 PM

There was a post about it on a league Reddit. It’s just interesting how you have some people who choose to devote their life to helping people and then others who just throw their own life away to fight randoms. Strange world we’re in 

I know what you mean, I was just talking to a colleague in South Africa today. He tells me his brother and a mate, being former SA soldiers decided to go to Ukraine a few months ago to help out the locals... Took them nearly a week of criss crossing the glove apparently and when they got to Mariopol to volunteer with the civilian guard where told to go fuck off back to Africa as they don't want blacks fighting for them...... That's what these guys remind me of.... lost little boys fighting for a cause that doesn't want them.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

This weekend's Australia Cup matches look particularly interesting. Three games spaced out over the weekend so we can watch them all if we choose to.

Sat 30/7 @ 5:30pm
Magpies Crusaders (Qld) v Macarthur

We get to see how Dwight Yorkes team is shaping up.

Sat 30/7 @ 7:30pm
Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United

First Aleagues level faceoff in the Cup this year. Adelaide looking to continue their Cup form, and Jets sporting some new faces (like Piscopo) off the back of improving football last season.

Sun 31/7 @ 4:00pm
Sydney FC v Mariners

Both sides with major changes since last season - both losing some of their main players in the off season.

I am looking forward to seeing them all if I can - especially how Macarthur line-up under Yorke as they are Roar's first opponent in the season coming.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

https://youtu.be/-XUt9PUMino

Newcastle Adelaide on My football 
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Bulls dominated as you’d expect against a semi-pro side. DDS with brilliant long range goal & Toure 2 cracker goals. Arzani scored with a penalty and 2 assists. Hopefully this forward trio does well in AL 
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Balin Trev - 31 Jul 2022 10:28 AM
Bulls dominated as you’d expect against a semi-pro side. DDS with brilliant long range goal & Toure 2 cracker goals. Arzani scored with a penalty and 2 assists. Hopefully this forward trio does well in AL 

I'm picking the Bulls for the Prem this season. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Sydney about to host the mariners 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Monty has given 20 year old Max Balard the captains armband for today.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Cummings got a goal at the last minute to send it to extra time. If you’re on here and not watching the game do yourself a favor and turn it on 3-3 going to extra time 
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 31 Jul 2022 5:58 PM
Cummings got a goal at the last minute to send it to extra time. If you’re on here and not watching the game do yourself a favor and turn it on 3-3 going to extra time 

Clever goal by Cummings at the death ☠️ 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Penalties it is with Redmayne in goal. Prepare to be stunned! 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Nice save Sozer 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

australian cup has been great for watching some young players get chances as well as some npl teams
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 31 Jul 2022 5:58 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. I got called away after about 30 minutes of the game and would have missed the end. Well worth watching.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

alvn1
alvn1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

johnszasz - 31 Jul 2022 6:35 PM
Penalties it is with Redmayne in goal. Prepare to be stunned! 

those mind games, psyched then all out before it even started!
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Smurfs get out of jail
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (672 reputation)Amateur (672 reputation)Amateur (672 reputation)Amateur (672 reputation)Amateur (672 reputation)Amateur (672 reputation)Amateur (672 reputation)Amateur (672 reputation)Amateur (672 reputation)Amateur (672 reputation)Amateur (672 reputation)

Good game to watch but CCM's penalty taking was diabolical.Both teams looked rusty at times but lots of effort and some passion.

Redmayne psyched  out the penalty takers  again.Sozer saved ALF's penalty but couldn't stop the others.

Balard,Triantis and Ruhs looked good for CCM and a couple of the young FC boys look lively.Burgess was particularly good in the first half for Sydney.

huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

I just got dragged by 2 seckies, and a fc club man, for opening a gate that kept Mariners out of supporting behind the goals.
Fucking grubs.
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Not a SFC supporter - but Adrian Segecic looks quite the footballer
Mihir Maharajah
Mihir Maharajah
Super Fan
Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)Super Fan (121 reputation)

patjennings - 31 Jul 2022 8:46 PM
Not a SFC supporter - but Adrian Segecic looks quite the footballer

Agree. Has potential and showed hunger. It will help him having the class of Caceres besides him on the field. 
Overall I hate to admit it but Smurfs were the better team. Caballero looks alright. Caceres is the Smurfs classiest and with Brattan back they will have a good midfield. Their weakest point will be the central defenders. Wilkins and Donachie are too slow .
Mariners can only get better

huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gatty54/status/1553675656004653056?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

So you had the Heidelberg thugs bash the Brisbane bloke and now this. 
Stenson
Stenson
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 1 Aug 2022 8:01 AM

So you had the Heidelberg thugs bash the Brisbane bloke and now this. 

Yes, lets read about complaints on Over Policing again..Rather, let's read about some attitude adjustments given to these thugs by the Police, via ambush outside. Then, charge the Molotov cocktail thrower with Arson with a sentence of 10 years for the Vile little Bastard!
Edited
2 Years Ago by Stenson
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Check the hashtags under this. What a sad bunch of little man boy losers.

Absolutely pathetic. 'Look 'ow 'ard I am mum'.

Member since 2008.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Guess there was a reason that gate was locked :hehe::hehe:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search