Australia Cup 2022 Thread

Australia Cup 2022 Thread

Author
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
My favourite is when they have 'Against modern football' banners or clothing.

It is rather cringeworthy here, that is across a-league, state league and NPL. Completely manufactured.

Having said that, I used to be into it in Europe lol and I don't think it would have a negative effect on the game here. Almost the opposite. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 1 Aug 2022 8:01 AM

So you had the Heidelberg Melbourne Victory Pty Ltd thugs bash the Brisbane bloke and now this. 

Fixed that for you MCG :)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 1 Aug 2022 10:06 AM

Check the hashtags under this. What a sad bunch of little man boy losers.

Absolutely pathetic. 'Look 'ow 'ard I am mum'.

Hey Muz, did anyone think to ask these delightful young men what "effnicity" they are?
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

A part of me isn't overly upset to see this.
When the league was in full stride this stuff was way more common.
I'm not going to claim causation but a bit of correlation would exist no doubt

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Booney - 31 Jul 2022 7:46 PM
Good game to watch but CCM's penalty taking was diabolical.Both teams looked rusty at times but lots of effort and some passion.

Redmayne psyched  out the penalty takers  again.Sozer saved ALF's penalty but couldn't stop the others.

Balard,Triantis and Ruhs looked good for CCM and a couple of the young FC boys look lively.Burgess was particularly good in the first half for Sydney.

I could only giggle(wiggle) at Redders cumdog save.........

Woeful pen takers by many tbh, ALF incl.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

huddo - 31 Jul 2022 8:06 PM
I just got dragged by 2 seckies, and a fc club man, for opening a gate that kept Mariners out of supporting behind the goals.
Fucking grubs.

so you report going in a an area thats gated off and those doing their jobs are grubs.
What do you expect ?  trying to understand your pov.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Davide82 - 1 Aug 2022 11:41 AM
A part of me isn't overly upset to see this.
When the league was in full stride this stuff was way more common.
I'm not going to claim causation but a bit of correlation would exist no doubt

You should be mad at this it’s a terrible look for the sport 
tsf
tsf
Legend

Melbcityguy - 1 Aug 2022 1:52 PM
Davide82 - 1 Aug 2022 11:41 AM

You should be mad at this it’s a terrible look for the sport 

Maybe a bad look, but the truth is the league has never been as popular as when it was on the front pages for all the wrong reasons. Not that I agree with it.
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

LFC. - 1 Aug 2022 11:58 AM
huddo - 31 Jul 2022 8:06 PM

so you report going in a an area thats gated off and those doing their jobs are grubs.
What do you expect ?  trying to understand your pov.

Well first, the fenced off area didn't seem too fenced off noting when I was originally chatting to the security guards, it was from within the enclosed area, I didn't enter it, they threw up partitions up after me. If it was for safety maybe don't do it after people are already in there.
Second, the partition that they implemented was in a ridiculous position noting the north, like the south, has 2 seperate areas with a thoroughfare that can be more easily policed than a 20 metre long barrier from fence to pitch that they erected in the corner. 
Third, I was compliant with their eviction order and they still manhandled me.
Fourth, they were more than happy to manhandle me, but seemed a little less keen to actually do there job 10 minutes later when there was an actual security issue.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Huddo - if the coin toss had gone the other way for penalty ends do you think they would have blocked the SFC fans from going to the other end?

I am not taking a shot at you - just looking to understand how these things normally work.

In a critical big match game owning the penalty end is a huge advantage - so surely they do not let everyone in that wants to. I could see bloodshed in many matches if the supporters with the advantage get 'invaded' by their opposition. At Roar games (Suncorp particularly) they do not let anyone into the Den unless they belong in the Den for example.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 1 Aug 2022 4:41 PM
Huddo - if the coin toss had gone the other way for penalty ends do you think they would have blocked the SFC fans from going to the other end?

I am not taking a shot at you - just looking to understand how these things normally work.

In a critical big match game owning the penalty end is a huge advantage - so surely they do not let everyone in that wants to. I could see bloodshed in many matches if the supporters with the advantage get 'invaded' by their opposition. At Roar games (Suncorp particularly) they do not let anyone into the Den unless they belong in the Den for example.

No. The fenced off disabled spots allow for 2 lots of supporters at the south end, just as the television alcove partitions does to the north.

huddo
huddo
Pro

huddo - 1 Aug 2022 4:51 PM

No. The fenced off disabled spots allow for 2 lots of supporters at the south end, just as the television alcove partitions does to the north.

Just to add the cove were not there all game and proceed there before the penalties.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

huddo - 1 Aug 2022 4:51 PM

OK - thanks for that info.

They may have just been overzealous imagining the worst rather than seeing any actual pointers to it...

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Didn't even know anything happened to be honest until I read it here and I was at the game.  What an empty shell my life is for not participating in 'social' media.  

Anyway it was a good game of football, don't have much faith in the central defenders of Sydney FC however the new signing was getting murmurs of approval from those around me.  Looks like the kids will be getting more of a run this season ( I hope ) as I doubt Sydney are going to do any 'big' signings.  Corica, well we'll see what happens, plenty of time before the season starts so let's see if he can do anything different this season.    

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

MCG's City millionaires plays tonight against the semi pro Greek Hamo Olympic from 2nd tier NNSW now known as Newcastle Olympic.
Been a strong NPL Club for sometime.
Kudos them getting this far, look forward watching tonight - upa fellas, if you can't beat em hurt em :) 

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

huddo - 1 Aug 2022 3:53 PM
LFC. - 1 Aug 2022 11:58 AM

Well first, the fenced off area didn't seem too fenced off noting when I was originally chatting to the security guards, it was from within the enclosed area, I didn't enter it, they threw up partitions up after me. If it was for safety maybe don't do it after people are already in there.
Second, the partition that they implemented was in a ridiculous position noting the north, like the south, has 2 seperate areas with a thoroughfare that can be more easily policed than a 20 metre long barrier from fence to pitch that they erected in the corner. 
Third, I was compliant with their eviction order and they still manhandled me.
Fourth, they were more than happy to manhandle me, but seemed a little less keen to actually do there job 10 minutes later when there was an actual security issue.

ah ok I get it I think......
I wouldn't have even considered going there but thats me.......
By the look of the post game footage, I don't blame secos avoiding engaging with those twats if thats what you mean do their job 10mins later - thats the cops job.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 2 Aug 2022 11:11 AM
MCG's City millionaires plays tonight against the semi pro Greek Hamo Olympic from 2nd tier NNSW now known as Newcastle Olympic.
Been a strong NPL Club for sometime.
Kudos them getting this far, look forward watching tonight - upa fellas, if you can't beat em hurt em :) 

You sound like a typical Aleague "active" supporter mate. hahahahahahahah
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 2 Aug 2022 11:35 AM
LFC. - 2 Aug 2022 11:11 AM

You sound like a typical Aleague "active" supporter mate. hahahahahahahah

fine and ban lol........

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 2 Aug 2022 12:32 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 2 Aug 2022 11:35 AM

fine and ban lol........

Ive been "banned" from the Aleague for 18 years. hahahahahahahahah Thank Christ.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 2 Aug 2022 1:11 PM
LFC. - 2 Aug 2022 12:32 PM

Ive been "banned" from the Aleague for 18 years. hahahahahahahahah Thank Christ.

Trust me, you'll be doing the Sirtaki the moment you get promoted to the AL.

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 2 Aug 2022 8:10 PM

His behoved club was happy to pay the 18 mil entry fee too a few years back 🤣
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Newcastle Olympic v Melbourne City on the moment.  58th minutes. Melbourne leading one nil.   
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Olympic taking it to city in the second half great to see. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Newcastle olympic going alright here!
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Shit yeah, I'll even smash some plates and eat lots of mousakka....

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

JDB03 - 2 Aug 2022 8:30 PM

His behoved club was happy to pay the 18 mil entry fee too a few years back 🤣

His beloved former club told his current plastic one to get fucked last year. :) and this year, and the following year ( if its still around)
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 2 Aug 2022 9:43 PM

Shit yeah, I'll even smash some plates and eat lots of mousakka....

Don't forget pyro pls.

Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Devonport Strikers V  Wellington Phoenix Aus Cup game is taking place about 3 and a half to 4 hours drive away tonight. If it wasn't for COVID I'd be tempted to drive up and stay.

The Devonport pitch is pretty heavy in winter.
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
tsf - 1 Aug 2022 11:00 AM
My favourite is when they have 'Against modern football' banners or clothing.

It is rather cringeworthy here, that is across a-league, state league and NPL. Completely manufactured.

how so in the state league levels? are you saying clubs from the 50's so on are manufactured? lol. 

the only thing that is cringeworthy is AL Fans who are "against modern football" 

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Tonight's fixtures:

Devonport city (TAS) VS Wellington Phoenix  
Peninsula Power (QLD) VS NWS Spirit (NSW)
Sydney United (NSW) VS Monaro Panthers (ACT)
Western United VS Melbourne Victory

Round of 16 draw to commence after the completion of these matches tonight. 

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search