full replays of old socceroos matches

full replays of old socceroos matches

Author
Socceroofan4life
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

He's an absolute king.

I haven't seen the full games since 2006 itself. Gonna watch them right before our first game against France, make a day of it.
Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Question.

How drunk was Graham Poll in the Croatia game?

Was he drunk, on drugs, bribed? Maybe just total incompetence? Or he just didn't care? I can't explain some of the calls he made.

Maybe the worst referee performance I've ever seen.
Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro

The fuck blows the whistle to full time with the ball in the six yard box Aloisi about to score and Josh Kennedy having just been brought down in the box. And that's the smallest mistake he made.
Edited
2 Years Ago by Socceroofan4life
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Will post up 2018 WC matches in the morning.

Found the Italy Australia 2006 match but it has German commentary.

Will upload that shortly too.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Socceroofan4life - 4 Jul 2022 11:00 PM
The fuck blows the whistle to full time with the ball in the six yard box Aloisi about to score and Josh Kennedy having just been brought down in the box. And that's the smallest mistake he made.

That was criminal. Aloisi has one WC goal to his name instead of 2.

From what I read about Poll was he was confused by the Australian accent of Suminic and put one of his yellows down as an Australian yellow.

I can actual see how that could have happened. What I don't understand was what in God's name was the 4th officials and the ARs doing to not tell him. (I'm assuming they were miked up.)

Member since 2008.

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Markus merk wasnt my favourite either
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

grazorblade - 5 Jul 2022 5:37 AM

Markus merk wasnt my favourite either

Watched the Brazil game how he unfairly pinned Viduka for every challenge. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Thanks so much, Muz. Hearing the commentary a bit longer there are a lot of memories of what was said amongst the tension. I remember too that early Japan free kick thinking they were going to score.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

After every world cup game except probably Spain, I just wake up and think 'what just happened?' It's such a experience.
Muz
Muz
Legend

Australia vs Italy 2006 - round of 16

1st half: https://mega.nz/file/Ubc2EbbB#VfoqNa8WkQNT1vBRuphKOTvTr7tnKTkq1FaQU9Wp2nk

2nd half: https://mega.nz/file/NHNzwYzb#rAmg8qRSKi1VcvZx2smEvaMkttFeK7PO3wLJGIQrWX4

You can toggle between German and Russian commentary depending on your media player.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Australia vs France 2018:

https://mega.nz/file/xatyQSQL#eCZMWs2aDiUgk5zIGVMPBlRx4UQfzOQgl8k1S-4xT4I

Australia vs Denmark 2018: (6GB file)

https://mega.nz/file/MSE01QzT#MyHvnCiXEymIeKVlishQn_KLb3kn1SPU4OvhgyBVuLQ

Australia vs Peru 2018:

currently uploading 

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Muz
Muz
Legend

Nothing in it ref ?! What the fuckety fuck?

There was another handball by the same bloke who gave away the first penalty that wasn't given also but this was a pen all day every day.  

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Only thing I can think of was he couldn't see the arm from Suminic and he's looking through a lot of traffic. But they're miked up so what was the AR doing?

Member since 2008.

Edited
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Siminuc looked like he was desperate to match fix and the ref wouldnt let him

such blatant pens
Muz
Muz
Legend

Can anyone see these pictures I'm snipping and dropping here? I can see some but not others.

Line of sight shithouse for both ref and lino.

Member since 2008.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 5 Jul 2022 2:33 PM
Can anyone see these pictures I'm snipping and dropping here? I can see some but not others.

Pics can be seen
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Im surprised our finish in 06 was much worse than i remember, as bad as it is now.

to get around it guus would play 20 minutes at the back end of games with 3-4-3 with two wingbacks (with emerton joining the attack and acting more like an extra winger) two geniune wingers and three geniune strikers. It was an insane formation. To put in todays terms, imagine ending a game with

——————ryan——————-——
——behich——souttar—-leckie——-—
———————irvine———————-—
-boyle—————————-mabil———
——————-hrustic———————-—
———taggart—-mclaren—-duke——

the off the ball work, particularly from the wing backs would go up a gear to an unsustainable rate, but they didnt care about running out of gas since it was a short twenty minute push. Lucas neill was frequently isolated as the sole defender against multiple attackers but in this formation over three games and 45 minutes we scored all four of our open play goals and conceded only once against brazil

last world cup our defense was arguably better than in 06 but again we couldnt score from open play, we had to wait for the opposition to hand ball it.

whats stopping us from trying a 15 minute 343 guus style assualt at the back end of games?
Muz
Muz
Legend

Edit: I've maxed out my free 20GB of that mega account so I can't upload Australia Denmark Peru 2018.

I'll have a look at some other storage mob.

Member since 2008.

Edited
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 6 Jul 2022 9:28 AM
I've maxed out my free 20GB of that mega account so I can't upload Australia Denmark 2018.

I'll have a look at some other storage mob.

Start another Mega account using another email address? 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

grazorblade - 5 Jul 2022 2:06 PM
Siminuc looked like he was desperate to match fix and the ref wouldnt let him

such blatant pens

To this day I still wonder about that Kalac goal he conceded against Croatia.  I mean the ball bobbled slightly but man.......
Muz
Muz
Legend

ErogenousZone - 6 Jul 2022 9:32 AM
grazorblade - 5 Jul 2022 2:06 PM

To this day I still wonder about that Kalac goal he conceded against Croatia.  I mean the ball bobbled slightly but man.......

Nah. It hit him and then jumped over him with severe backspin and trickled into the goal. Way too many variables to be planned.

Member since 2008.

Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

grazorblade - 5 Jul 2022 10:38 PM
Im surprised our finish in 06 was much worse than i remember, as bad as it is now.

to get around it guus would play 20 minutes at the back end of games with 3-4-3 with two wingbacks (with emerton joining the attack and acting more like an extra winger) two geniune wingers and three geniune strikers. It was an insane formation. To put in todays terms, imagine ending a game with

——————ryan——————-——
——behich——souttar—-leckie——-—
———————irvine———————-—
-boyle—————————-mabil———
——————-hrustic———————-—
———taggart—-mclaren—-duke——

the off the ball work, particularly from the wing backs would go up a gear to an unsustainable rate, but they didnt care about running out of gas since it was a short twenty minute push. Lucas neill was frequently isolated as the sole defender against multiple attackers but in this formation over three games and 45 minutes we scored all four of our open play goals and conceded only once against brazil

last world cup our defense was arguably better than in 06 but again we couldnt score from open play, we had to wait for the opposition to hand ball it.

whats stopping us from trying a 15 minute 343 guus style assualt at the back end of games?

Good points made, Grazor.
Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 5 Jul 2022 2:33 PM

Good picture.

Thanks  for posting it.
Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro

Despite some of our older Roos having  had some very good individual games, like Dukes in the Asian Cup 2007 against Thailand, and Kewell against England in 2003, plus many great shot stopping performances in a  number of games  from Schwarzer, as time has advanced, Australia's cohesion, communication and organisation has improved immeasurably as a team unit.

This is from playing so many more qualification and tournament games. We are so much more battle  hardened and match sense savvy as a team unit. Also, since Guus (apart from the 2007 manifestation of Arnie), Aussie coaches have been well trained and quite experienced.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

added the world cup games from manrubz

still got a bunch of games to add from melbourne soccer
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

yikes how did that goal from aloisi vs croatia not count?

If it was full time rather than a foul I'm starting to wonder if that ref was corrupt. Completely bizarre. Would be nice to have 6 points in a world cup as a bench mark too
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

grazorblade - 6 Jul 2022 7:53 PM
yikes how did that goal from aloisi vs croatia not count?

If it was full time rather than a foul I'm starting to wonder if that ref was corrupt. Completely bizarre. Would be nice to have 6 points in a world cup as a bench mark too

I remember having the game on and the TV in kitchen had sunrise on and they were jumping up and down and I was relieved we'd won it. It didn't count then confusion then finally a whistle to end it all.

Prso went close near the end too didn't he? 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

johnszasz - 6 Jul 2022 8:08 PM
grazorblade - 6 Jul 2022 7:53 PM

I remember having the game on and the TV in kitchen had sunrise on and they were jumping up and down and I was relieved we'd won it. It didn't count then confusion then finally a whistle to end it all.

Prso went close near the end too didn't he? 

yeah indeed

weirdest game ever

I'm watching the italy game now. We played super well here, but italy were incredible, see why they won the world cup. Wonder what happens if Kewell and emerton is available

I actually think that most of the goals and results were a result of Guus' wild tactics at the back end and the only game where the GG were better than the 2018 class was in the game against italy. Given the gg played at a much higher level, yet only really performed once they had a string of games in a row, we get a measure for just how valuable moving to asia has been. If we ever get a team as good as the gg and get battle hardened in asia, we could give the tournament a shake
Muz
Muz
Legend

Australia vs Japan (2006)
https://mega.nz/file/NHtBURYC#AownrW0RO9J23k7s7FVLFCwHCcmbrpFFsQP6GgfLqwc 

Australia vs Brazil (2006)
https://mega.nz/file/Mb9XjJwY#LnCnc898g1r77ozB6L4K96jJpKRZtkWgpkIS4sX1Q3M

Australia vs Croatia (2006)
https://mega.nz/file/AXlGiRQS#PXkoiOvlRfSOi-F-SMxgzF4ohzq2gDTTlnQlGwOQ4Vg 

Australia vs Italy 2006 - round of 16
1st half: https://mega.nz/file/Ubc2EbbB#VfoqNa8WkQNT1vBRuphKOTvTr7tnKTkq1FaQU9Wp2nk
2nd half: https://mega.nz/file/NHNzwYzb#rAmg8qRSKi1VcvZx2smEvaMkttFeK7PO3wLJGIQrWX4
You can toggle between German and Russian commentary depending on your media player.

Australia vs France 2018:
https://mega.nz/file/xatyQSQL#eCZMWs2aDiUgk5zIGVMPBlRx4UQfzOQgl8k1S-4xT4I

Australia vs Denmark 2018: (6GB file)
https://mega.nz/file/MSE01QzT#MyHvnCiXEymIeKVlishQn_KLb3kn1SPU4OvhgyBVuLQ

Australia vs Peru 2018:
https://mega.nz/file/tP1HkQLT#q_2lVBnyZ9JWAiMce9B6FZOeD0wp1ljqz4FtZilZfEA

Member since 2008.

Edited
Muz
Muz
Legend

Not downloadable but I found these online to stream. (That whole site is a gold  mine.)

2010:

https://www.footballia.net/matches/germany-australia-world-cup (English commentary)
https://www.footballia.net/matches/ghana-australia (Russian commentary)
https://www.footballia.net/matches/australia-serbia (Russian commentary) 

2014:

https://www.footballia.net/matches/chile-australia (Spanish commentary)
https://www.footballia.net/matches/australia-netherlands (Spanish commentary)
https://www.footballia.net/matches/australia-spain (English commentary)

Member since 2008.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search