2024 Australia Cup

2024 Australia Cup

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
tsf - 23 May 2024 9:10 AM
southmelb - 23 May 2024 8:35 AM

are they with us in the room now? 

No they are on a bus heading to Gosford for a pyro party :)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 22 May 2024 8:32 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 22 May 2024 3:50 PM

Sorry mate I wasn't having a go at your spelling there? I should have written 'about that laser?'

Hahahah all good Muz, I AM a bit of peasant with my spelling sometimes though :P
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

southmelb - 23 May 2024 8:35 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 22 May 2024 2:49 PM

I walked into the ground at 7pm, the 2 guys that were in front of me were part of the MV pitch invasion of lakeside back in 2016 and part of Horda, then those MV/HFC lot just waltzed into the ground. The same idiots that attended the Preston v Oakleigh match last yr. Security knew they werent South fans but they purchased tickets in the South end so not much they could do, surely some of these guys are on banned lists or something?

are they with us in the room now? 
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

tsf - 21 May 2024 11:02 PM

Pen was shoulder to shoulder brat, c'mon Im one eyed I know but even I wouldn't call for that if it went against us :) As for the Red... well it was a little harsh but Harry WAS through on goal with the next touch, had the last player in his dust, I would say DOCGO ... am biased though I admit. - How good was Harrys final free kick goal, lost my voice screaming for that one :)

As for the fans behaviour the arseholes who threw the flare on the pitch were NOT South Melbourne supporters... I never miss a game and I have never seen them in the last 10 years... when they where being dragged out.. Heard rumours they were banned Melbourne Victory/Hellas Fan Club (tennis arsehole fascists) who somehow slipped through security... They were pointed out by our supporters immediately and the fantastic Preston security guys ejected them straight away...  I have never felt safer at BTConnor (Im old enough to remember having to fight our way out of that place past riot police on horseback) and thouhg our two clubs did an excellent job working together.. Was a bit bizare with the Preston fans who brought a lazer into the stands and shined it in Maxies eyes when he was taking a corner (very Africa cup of nations) but kudos to the ref. who was also excellent, for pointing it out.. 

I walked into the ground at 7pm, the 2 guys that were in front of me were part of the MV pitch invasion of lakeside back in 2016 and part of Horda, then those MV/HFC lot just waltzed into the ground. The same idiots that attended the Preston v Oakleigh match last yr. Security knew they werent South fans but they purchased tickets in the South end so not much they could do, surely some of these guys are on banned lists or something?

Anyhow aside from those 20 odd dropkicks it was nice to see that part of the ground completely full, lots of old school South fans in attendance who you'd like to think will jump back on board next year.

As for the match, it was rather predictable, Preston were never going to be able to deal with Souths set pieces, they rarely ever keep clean sheets in vpl1 so keeping South quiey for 90 minutes was always going to be a tough ask.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 22 May 2024 8:42 PM
Who da fook is Bayside Argonauts they are beating hume city 

State League 2 South-East, which is... Victoria's 5th tier!
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)World Class (5.3K reputation)

Australia Cup – ACT round 6 recap:
Gungahlin United 1 O’Connor Knights 3
Tuggeranong United 0 Monaro Panthers 4

Australia Cup – ACT round 7 kickoff time,

Saturday June 8th:
5.30pm O’Connor Knights v Monaro Panthers at Deakin Stadium

winner advance to Australia Cup national round of 32.

Australia Cup – New South Wales round 6 recap:
Coniston 3 Inter Lions 5
Northbridge 0 Blacktown City 4
Cringila Lions 0 Phoenix 3
Wollongong Wolves 0 Rockdale City Suns 2
Coogee United 0 Marconi Stallions 1
Wollongong United 2 Sydney United 4
APIA Leichhardt Tigers 5 Blacktown Spartans 2
Sydney Olympic v NWS Spirit – Tuesday May 28th 7.00pm

Australia Cup – New South Wales round 7 line up:
APIA Leichhardt Tigers
Blacktown City
Inter Lions
Marconi Stallions
Phoenix
Rockdale City Suns
Sydney Olympic/NWS Spirit
Sydney United

Australia Cup – Queensland round 6 recap:
Magic United 2 Surfers Paradise Apollo 3*
Maroochydore 3 Lions FC 5
Olympic FC 8 North Lakes United 0
Moreton City Excelsior 3 North Star 1
Gold Coast United 4 Caboolture Sports 0
Eastern Suburbs 7 Capalaba 1
Sunshine Coast Wanderers 0 Brisbane City 1
Magpies FC v Southside Comets – Saturday June 1st 7.00pm

*After Extra Time.

Australia Cup – South Australia round 7 kickoff times,

Wednesday June 5th:
8.00pm AEST (7.30pm Adelaide) Modbury Jets v Adelaide Olympic at Service FM Stadium

Wednesday June 12th:
8.00pm AEST (7.30pm Adelaide) Campbelltown City v Adelaide Comets at Service FM Stadium

with two winners advance to Australia Cup national round of 32.

Australia Cup – Victoria round 6 recap:
Hoppers Crossing 0 FC Melbourne Srbija 5
North Sunshine Eagles 2 Avondale FC 5
Moreland City 0 Oakleigh Cannons 3
Essendon Royals 1 Bentleigh Greens 3
St Albans Saints 1 Green Gully Cavaliers 0
Preston Lions 2 South Melbourne 5
Kingston City 2 Langwarrin 0
Altona Magic 0 Heidelberg United 4
Hume City 4 Bayside Argonauts 2
Caroline Springs George Cross v Altona City – Tuesday May 28th 7.15pm

Australia Cup – Victoria round 7 line up:
Avondale FC
Bentleigh Greens
Caroline Springs George Cross/Altona City
FC Melbourne Srbija
Heidelberg United
Hume City
Kingston City
Oakleigh Cannons
St Albans Saints
South Melbourne

Australia Cup – Western Australia round 6 kickoff times,

Tuesday May 28th:
9.00pm AEST (7.00pm Perth) Olympic Kingsway v Western Knights at Kingsway Reserve
9.00pm AEST (7.00pm Perth) Perth SC v Stirling Macedonia at Dorrien Gardens
9.15pm AEST (7.15pm Perth) Perth RedStar v Rockingham City at Percy Doyle Reserve
9.30pm AEST (7.30pm Perth) Ashfield v Sorrento at Ashfield Sports Club

AyyLeague
AyyLeague
Hacker
Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)

Totti10 - 22 May 2024 8:21 PM
AyyLeague - 22 May 2024 8:09 PM

Atm In NSW
we have Marconi through 
Rockdale knocked out Wollongong 
Apia and Sydney United up at half time 
olympic play next week I think 

Both got through. Hopefully we get all four NSD teams (or Rockdale) past the final hurdle but it will come down to the luck of the draw.
Also hope the same for Avondale and South Melbourne (and Heidelberg)
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Who da fook is Bayside Argonauts they are beating hume city 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 22 May 2024 3:50 PM
Munrubenmuz - 22 May 2024 3:35 PM

Yeah.... just before that stoppage you mention Mikola goes to take a corner and for a second or two you see the green lights near his eyes... Looks like the lino saw it and called the ref over...  and yes it should have read "laser" I'm an uneducated peasant sometimes lol ..... 

BTW I watched the replay last night and the volume on the football VIC stream was seriously muted for 90% of the game --- came good in the last 10 or so minutes.... It was a very loud atmosphere (at least in terms of regular NPL matches) South subbed off young Evans 5 mins before half time because the poor kid was having a howler, scared half to death by the very very loud Preston supporters every-time he got near the ball.. it was actually fascinating to see a true home ground advantage at our level after so many years..... 

Sorry mate I wasn't having a go at your spelling there? I should have written 'about that laser?'

Member since 2008.

Totti10
Totti10
Weekender
Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)

Totti10 - 22 May 2024 8:21 PM

Atm In NSW
we have Marconi through 

One more round to go after this one before we reach the round of 32
Totti10
Totti10
Weekender
Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)Weekender (40 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 4:45 PM

Ideally the more NSD teams, the better.
Even if you guys outplayed Preston last night

Atm In NSW
we have Marconi through 
AyyLeague
AyyLeague
Hacker
Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)Hacker (436 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 4:45 PM
Totti10 - 1 May 2024 3:58 PM

I wouldnt mind an Apia or a Marconi in the cup this year ..... just a little teaser for next year :)

Ideally the more NSD teams, the better.
Even if you guys outplayed Preston last night
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

A few matches tonight on YouTube 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 22 May 2024 3:35 PM

That laser? Was that late in the second half? There was a long stoppage and the commentators didn't know what was happening.

Yeah.... just before that stoppage you mention Mikola goes to take a corner and for a second or two you see the green lights near his eyes... Looks like the lino saw it and called the ref over...  and yes it should have read "laser" I'm an uneducated peasant sometimes lol ..... 

BTW I watched the replay last night and the volume on the football VIC stream was seriously muted for 90% of the game --- came good in the last 10 or so minutes.... It was a very loud atmosphere (at least in terms of regular NPL matches) South subbed off young Evans 5 mins before half time because the poor kid was having a howler, scared half to death by the very very loud Preston supporters every-time he got near the ball.. it was actually fascinating to see a true home ground advantage at our level after so many years..... 
Edited
5 days ago @ 3:55 PM by Monoethnic Social Club
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Pen was shoulder to shoulder brat, c'mon Im one eyed I know but even I wouldn't call for that if it went against us :) As for the Red... well it was a little harsh but Harry WAS through on goal with the next touch, had the last player in his dust, I would say DOCGO ... am biased though I admit. - How good was Harrys final free kick goal, lost my voice screaming for that one :)

As for the fans behaviour the arseholes who threw the flare on the pitch were NOT South Melbourne supporters... I never miss a game and I have never seen them in the last 10 years... when they where being dragged out.. Heard rumours they were banned Melbourne Victory/Hellas Fan Club (tennis arsehole fascists) who somehow slipped through security... They were pointed out by our supporters immediately and the fantastic Preston security guys ejected them straight away...  I have never felt safer at BTConnor (Im old enough to remember having to fight our way out of that place past riot police on horseback) and thouhg our two clubs did an excellent job working together.. Was a bit bizare with the Preston fans who brought a lazer into the stands and shined it in Maxies eyes when he was taking a corner (very Africa cup of nations) but kudos to the ref. who was also excellent, for pointing it out.. 

That laser? Was that late in the second half? There was a long stoppage and the commentators didn't know what was happening.

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Thought Preston had a good shout for a pen too. 

Fun game. Lots of pyro by south but Preston were definately on best behavior. When two flares lobbed at their player their stewards all went over to tell nobody to react. 

That last free kick by south was amazing. I had a perfect view of it. 

The wait for a cevap was way too long. 

Great night of football 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 22 May 2024 9:19 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 22 May 2024 9:15 AM

downside to last night - two 30 minute waits for cevapi 

lost my car in the streets as we parked so far from the stadium and was walking around with the german I took until 11pm trying to find it

Yeahm they'll have to sort out the parking for next year... We parked on Lakeside Street!!! ahahaha must have been karma. hahahahah
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

I watched bits of this match and it was really good besides the flares fuck that off and it's great. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Forgot to post it on here instead of the other thread but well done to both teams, both put a great spectacle and sets up well for the NSD next year.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

sounds like a good night fellas.

Love Football

tsf
tsf
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 22 May 2024 9:15 AM
tsf - 22 May 2024 7:09 AM

Yeah pretty right... poor turn out from our side, maybe 1.5k tops....

HUGE respect for Preston, they had a great setup, impeccable hospitality, passionate fans and were very very very welcoming... Good luck Preston Lions for the rest of your season, see you next uyear at lakeside were we will return the welcome...

If the NST gets 1/2 the crowds of what last night brought, it is gonna be great. 

downside to last night - two 30 minute waits for cevapi 

lost my car in the streets as we parked so far from the stadium and was walking around with the german I took until 11pm trying to find it

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 22 May 2024 7:09 AM
VMRO - 22 May 2024 4:28 AM

It actually struck me that how tough it will be for teams in the NST, despite a biggish fan base considering many are rather blase. You have a small core group, then the others that get into it every once in a while and then you have the majority who will just go for big occasions

preston were top hosts and ran the night smoothly though  

Yeah pretty right... poor turn out from our side, maybe 1.5k tops....

HUGE respect for Preston, they had a great setup, impeccable hospitality, passionate fans and were very very very welcoming... Good luck Preston Lions for the rest of your season, see you next uyear at lakeside were we will return the welcome...

If the NST gets 1/2 the crowds of what last night brought, it is gonna be great. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend

Simon Hill says the Australia Cup playoffs will begin 23rd and 24th July in Darwin. This is for the Roar, Jets, Glory and WU.
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (412 reputation)Hacker (412 reputation)Hacker (412 reputation)Hacker (412 reputation)Hacker (412 reputation)Hacker (412 reputation)Hacker (412 reputation)Hacker (412 reputation)Hacker (412 reputation)Hacker (412 reputation)Hacker (412 reputation)

was a good match to watch online, had everything. A bit of NSL nostalgia. 

A packed out suburban ground is better than an empty 40k stadium, would be good to see more of it. 
tsf
tsf
Legend

VMRO - 22 May 2024 4:28 AM
Munrubenmuz - 21 May 2024 9:22 PM

Same here. However, funnily enough ever since Prestons crowds have sky rocketed their atmosphere has dropped dramatically. 

It actually struck me that how tough it will be for teams in the NST, despite a biggish fan base considering many are rather blase. You have a small core group, then the others that get into it every once in a while and then you have the majority who will just go for big occasions

preston were top hosts and ran the night smoothly though  

Edited
5 days ago @ 9:07 AM by tsf
VMRO
VMRO
Weekender
Weekender (43 reputation)Weekender (43 reputation)Weekender (43 reputation)Weekender (43 reputation)Weekender (43 reputation)Weekender (43 reputation)Weekender (43 reputation)Weekender (43 reputation)Weekender (43 reputation)Weekender (43 reputation)Weekender (43 reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 21 May 2024 9:22 PM
tsf - 21 May 2024 8:45 PM

Yeah. Clowns.

Thought the crowd would be louder. Pretty quiet.

Same here. However, funnily enough ever since Prestons crowds have sky rocketed their atmosphere has dropped dramatically. 
tsf
tsf
Legend

Thought Preston had a good shout for a pen too. 

Fun game. Lots of pyro by south but Preston were definately on best behavior. When two flares lobbed at their player their stewards all went over to tell nobody to react. 

That last free kick by south was amazing. I had a perfect view of it. 

The wait for a cevap was way too long. 

Great night of football 

Muz
Muz
Legend

Well that was fun to watch. Cracking last goal from the fee kick. 

Preston dudded themselves with a couple of poor clearances and letting the ball bounce in the box that led directly to goals and then there was the DOGSO which didn't help matters. Red or Yellow could have both been sold for that. Seemed more a SPA for me but I'll run with the ref. He was closer.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Great advantage by the ref for Preston's 2nd.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

This Bell bloke goes alright.

Member since 2008.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search