You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
johnszasz - 29 Sep 2019 10:16 PM
scubaroo - 29 Sep 2019 2:25 PM

Could you imagine the reporting if *insert Socceroo player's dad* headbutted a female cop?

Exactly. 
It would be a national disgrace,  but now its all about Tobys mental state. 

Don't forget minor scuffles replaced with soccer riots and all the others
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

WGMG: Tullamarine Airport, literally the most garbage airport in the country.

Completely underwhelming for the second largest city, let alone the other half of the busiest set of flights in the country.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

what do you expect it to be ? just curious.

Love Football

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 8 Oct 2019 6:37 PM
WGMG: Tullamarine Airport, literally the most garbage airport in the country.

Completely underwhelming for the second largest city, let alone the other half of the busiest set of flights in the country.

-PB

Australian airports in general are like a timewarp back to the 50s.  Sydney's domestic terminals feel like they belong to a major world city but the international is embarrassing, especially when you consider its one of the first things many international visitors would see of Australia. 

And Tullamarine feels like an airport for a city of 40 thousand not 4 million.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Edited
5 Years Ago by sydneyfc1987
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 8 Oct 2019 9:57 PM
paulbagzFC - 8 Oct 2019 6:37 PM

Australian airports in general are like a timewarp back to the 50s.  Sydney's domestic terminals feel like they belong to a major world city but the international is embarrassing, especially when you consider its one of the first things many international visitors would see of Australia. 

And Tullamarine feels like an airport for a city of 40 thousand not 4 million.

Yup bang on. Every time I fly into it I just simply wonder how something so illogical was not built, but illogically added too over time.

And then didn't have any rail connections to it.

Daft.

-PB

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 8 Oct 2019 11:02 PM

Yup bang on. Every time I fly into it I just simply wonder how something so illogical was not built, but illogically added too over time.

Daft.

-PB

Great revenue generator for car parking though 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 8 Oct 2019 11:02 PM

Daft.

-PB

Doubt it'll happen now. Probably would make more sense for a higher speed rail link to a significantly upgraded Avalon. I think there was talk about that at some point.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I remember the first time I flew into Tullamarine from Sydney. I looked out the window and saw nothing but grass fields, out in the middle of nowhere and I tapped the passenger next to me on the shoulder to confirm this was Tullamarine airport outside? For a few moments I thought I'd stuffed up the booking and landed in Avalon!

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Wgmg: Was told I would be moved from my current role into a new one. Been at least 2 months and I'm still waiting. Haven't worked my usual hours since. 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 10 Oct 2019 12:01 PM
I remember the first time I flew into Tullamarine from Sydney. I looked out the window and saw nothing but grass fields, out in the middle of nowhere and I tapped the passenger next to me on the shoulder to confirm this was Tullamarine airport outside? For a few moments I thought I'd stuffed up the booking and landed in Avalon!

Yeah but it's a very easy drive from Tullamarine into the city, one road, dead straight, 100km/h, well signposted, lot's a lanes.   

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

ErogenousZone - 10 Oct 2019 3:50 PM
Captain Haddock - 10 Oct 2019 12:01 PM

Yeah but it's a very easy drive from Tullamarine into the city, one road, dead straight, 100km/h, well signposted, lot's a lanes.   

Its just seems incredibly backwards for a city of Melbourne's size to not have a rail link to the primary airport. 

But you are right there is little benefit for such an expense. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 10 Oct 2019 5:08 PM
ErogenousZone - 10 Oct 2019 3:50 PM

Its just seems incredibly backwards for a city of Melbourne's size to not have a rail link to the primary airport. 

But you are right there is little benefit for such an expense. 

It happens.  Also blame skybus as they didnt want their monopoly broken up. Now there is actually works to actually get it happening 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

To be fair, there was a tussle between essendon and tulla for quite a while as the main airport and then Qantas threatened to develop Avalon in the 90s and move there. 
I don't think they could build the rail when there wasn't certainty what was the main airport til the 70s. Though the melways in the 60s actually showed a probable rail link.

Feel like I'm in a prison when leaving Melbourne on an international flight but in Sydney that's crazy,  a bloody bus ride in the suburbs to go from jetstar domestic to qantas international.  Strange. 
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

What shits me is that the government washes its' hands of developing a rail link, lets private companies buy up the airports and then milk commuters dry for using it. Airports are not like other services where you have a choice of providers- if you fly into/ out of Sydney or Brisbane you pretty much have just one option. So BAC and Macquarie Bank take full advantage of having a monopoly. My old trick at Brisbane Airport while catching the train there was to get in the line for the ticket inspector at the platform, then when I got to the head of the queue I'd look flustered, drop my bags on the ground and start patting myself all over pretending to frantically search for my ticket. Not wanting to hold the line up behind me, the inspector would let me through and so I scored a free airport ride!

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Yeh, very common for people in Sydney to do the Green Square walk instead of paying the ludicrous gate fee for the airport train.

-PB

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 11 Oct 2019 9:39 AM
What shits me is that the government washes its' hands of developing a rail link, lets private companies buy up the airports and then milk commuters dry for using it. Airports are not like other services where you have a choice of providers- if you fly into/ out of Sydney or Brisbane you pretty much have just one option. So BAC and Macquarie Bank take full advantage of having a monopoly. My old trick at Brisbane Airport while catching the train there was to get in the line for the ticket inspector at the platform, then when I got to the head of the queue I'd look flustered, drop my bags on the ground and start patting myself all over pretending to frantically search for my ticket. Not wanting to hold the line up behind me, the inspector would let me through and so I scored a free airport ride!

It's interesting how gate attendants sometimes just wave you through and others are extremely strict. Is it our appearance? their mood? I've experienced both. I was at Brisbane about 3 months ago and a young bloke ahead of me had bought some cheaper fare and travelled all the way to the airport. He was claiming the machine printed it wrong. That won't stand.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 11 Oct 2019 3:24 PM
Yeh, very common for people in Sydney to do the Green Square walk instead of paying the ludicrous gate fee for the airport train.

-PB

I'm sure you're aware that Mascot is closer. The fare for a 900 or so metre tunnel ride to domestic is daylight robbery. Since they put on the 420 line along with the 400, services are quite regular. They've been doing a lot of roadworks there so I'm not so sure about the footpath quality at the moment. Getting on at international and changing at Mascot is pretty easy and only adds a little bit to your journey but the savings are large.

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Davstar's weird, racist, hate boner over Kiwi's and NZ itself.
Edited
5 Years Ago by sub007
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sub007 - 13 Oct 2019 5:21 PM
Davstar's weird, racist, hate boner over Kiwi's and NZ itself.

He goes all in what's popular at the time.  He had a issue with mv back in the day. Then went to heart ?/city came back to mv went back to city when Cahill came on bOard

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Wgmg: reading about  junior guzmans  death.  Poor kid .  And when i hear kids want to be abiut that life i get frustrated..I've lived that life and its no joke 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 13 Oct 2019 5:36 PM
sub007 - 13 Oct 2019 5:21 PM

He goes all in what's popular at the time.  He had a issue with mv back in the day. Then went to heart ?/city came back to mv went back to city when Cahill came on bOard

lol wut.

He been supporting Victory over the last year or two.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

sub007 - 13 Oct 2019 5:56 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 13 Oct 2019 5:36 PM

lol wut.

He been supporting Victory over the last year or two.

Yep he likes to go back and fourth.  Wouldn't surprise me if he is now a wu  fan
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

johnszasz - 12 Oct 2019 9:09 PM

I'm sure you're aware that Mascot is closer. The fare for a 900 or so metre tunnel ride to domestic is daylight robbery. Since they put on the 420 line along with the 400, services are quite regular. They've been doing a lot of roadworks there so I'm not so sure about the footpath quality at the moment. Getting on at international and changing at Mascot is pretty easy and only adds a little bit to your journey but the savings are large.

Yeh Mascot I meant.

-PB

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

-PB

Yeah it's a bit of a joke. The infrastructure is there though and could be successful if the State Gov would subsidize the stations.

The new airport will become a disaster if it doesn't receive a higher speed/fewer stops metro connection to parramatta and the CBD.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

I've got a colleague here in Germany who's gotten into a bit of an issue. Some water damage with ground water. Initially I thought insurance would pay this but it appears a really precarious case where most policies only cover flooding above the ground level. This is water from the earth. It seems to be rarely insured even in the land of insurance that is Germany.

She's looking for donations to lessen the burden. Simply putting this out there and any assistance is great appreciated. I can guarantee this is entirely genuine and hope my presence on the forum can vouch for that. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mama-braucht-hilfe-keller-unterwasser?rcid=r01-1571770574,02-055fae69b7f9466c&pc=wa_co_campmgmt_w&utm_medium=social&utm_source=whatsapp&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Genuinely interested. Can do a google search but it may be an interesting discussion. Are there any cases of ground water damage in Australia? Do home insurances generally cover that? It does appear to be the rarest of water damage when compared to pipes or flooding. 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 13 Oct 2019 7:40 PM
johnszasz - 12 Oct 2019 9:09 PM

Yeh Mascot I meant.

-PB

Farken long walk from Green Square.  :laugh:   Yeah, do the Mascot bus thing.  

Or you're really cheap the international terminal is about 30 minute walk from Tempe Station.  :laugh:

Edited
5 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

ErogenousZone - 24 Oct 2019 11:11 AM
paulbagzFC - 13 Oct 2019 7:40 PM

Farken long walk from Green Square.  :laugh:   Yeah, do the Mascot bus thing.  

Or you're really cheap the international terminal is about 30 minute walk from Tempe Station.  :laugh:

Yeah I've read about the Tempe walk. Is that the one though the park or is it Wolli Creek? Whenever I come home I need to go to the Central Coast. The bus to Burwood would simply take forever and adding train changes at Burwood and Strathfield only extend the journey. 

I normally jump on one of 2 buses at International and get off at Mascot. Quickly downstairs and on train and always have about a 5min race for the next Gosford service. Like clockwork! Jetlag makes you do crazy things. 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

johnszasz - 25 Oct 2019 4:55 AM
ErogenousZone - 24 Oct 2019 11:11 AM

Yeah I've read about the Tempe walk. Is that the one though the park or is it Wolli Creek? Whenever I come home I need to go to the Central Coast. The bus to Burwood would simply take forever and adding train changes at Burwood and Strathfield only extend the journey. 

I normally jump on one of 2 buses at International and get off at Mascot. Quickly downstairs and on train and always have about a 5min race for the next Gosford service. Like clockwork! Jetlag makes you do crazy things. 

You could do from Wolli Creek or Tempe actually as both of those stations are less than a kilometre from each other ( different lines though ) . Only for International Terminal though.   From Domestic better to do the Mascot bus/walk thing if you're so inclined.  

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Tempe+Station,+Tempe+NSW/International+Terminal+1+Departures,+Mascot+NSW+2020/@-33.9300222,151.1557265,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b12b08e60526803:0x64f7c72199c35778!2m2!1d151.1565327!2d-33.9241922!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b12b0eb16b3e80d:0x2d885f58d6baeff2!2m2!1d151.165294!2d-33.9364741!3e2

or

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Wolli+Creek+Station,+Brodie+Spark+Drive,+Wolli+Creek+NSW/International+Terminal+1+Departures,+Mascot+NSW+2020/@-33.9319219,151.1552495,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b12b090fa04e549:0xcc1f9771ce3968b0!2m2!1d151.1540547!2d-33.9285589!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b12b0eb16b3e80d:0x2d885f58d6baeff2!2m2!1d151.165294!2d-33.9364741!3e2

Edited
5 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Wgmg: following the road rules and stayed behind  the yellow lines behind the train tracks. I get beeped by idiots  who crossed the tracks and stayed on the tracks.  . Didn't want to see what would ve  happened if a train came.  Especially since it was at hoppers  crossing station and if you know the area you will know there are two traffic  lights  there 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search