Movies Thread 2.0

Movies Thread 2.0

Author
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
marconi101 - 8 Mar 2019 6:22 PM
Captain Marvel is legit the worse MCU film to date. Young Sam Jackson and Ben Mendlesohn are good but the plot is dull, predictable and Larson is wooden. The character herself is also annoyingly unlikable. Who-da-thunk the forced, overpowered, cheap WW rip-off wouldn't come off? It shits me that a great villain like Thanos will be defeated by a focus group level hero.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

You’re obviously too white and male for Captain Marvel.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Endgame was everything I was expecting and more.

A massive undertaking over the last 11 years and a massive crescendo that delivers in spades.

Ambitious and complete.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

The logistical challenge of pulling off an 11 year saga with 22 films threaded together is the most amazing feat they have achieved.

Remember when Avengers 1 came and we thought, wow they have tied in 4 superhero’s across 4 different franchises together only to do one better.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Burztur - 27 Apr 2019 10:27 AM
The logistical challenge of pulling off an 11 year saga with 22 films threaded together is the most amazing feat they have achieved.Remember when Avengers 1 came and we thought, wow they have tied in 4 superhero’s across 4 different franchises together only to do one better.

Kevin Feige should get the Irving Thalberg award at the next Academy Awards - his achievement here surpasses pretty much any previous winner because it's one long controlled interconnected body of work.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Benjamin - 27 Apr 2019 12:38 PM
Burztur - 27 Apr 2019 10:27 AM

Kevin Feige should get the Irving Thalberg award at the next Academy Awards - his achievement here surpasses pretty much any previous winner because it's one long controlled interconnected body of work.

Quiet impressive innit.  Still dont know how how they'll top it 

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 5 May 2019 1:49 PM
Benjamin - 27 Apr 2019 12:38 PM

Quiet impressive innit.  Still dont know how how they'll top it 

I think the intention is to go stranger rather than bigger...  They're already saying that the next phase will be wildly different.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Captain Marvel is legit the worse MCU film to date. Young Sam Jackson and Ben Mendlesohn are good but the plot is dull, predictable and Larson is wooden. The character herself is also annoyingly unlikable. Who-da-thunk the forced, overpowered, cheap WW rip-off wouldn't come off? It shits me that a great villain like Thanos will be defeated by a focus group level hero.

This is the least surprising post I've ever read on this forum. 
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

The conclusion to this arc of the MCU makes the 'DCEU' even more frustrating. 

At this point I don't even know if an extended universe is the approach they should take. The Joker standalone movie looks (on trailer and Joaquin alone) to be quality. WW was very good and Aquaman was solid if unspectacular, so I would like to see more individual focused stories explored. 

Would love more Superman movies with Cavill and a decent script, but looks like he's been booted as Superman which is disappointing. 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

jlm8695 - 9 May 2019 1:35 PM
The conclusion to this arc of the MCU makes the 'DCEU' even more frustrating. 

At this point I don't even know if an extended universe is the approach they should take. The Joker standalone movie looks (on trailer and Joaquin alone) to be quality. WW was very good and Aquaman was solid if unspectacular, so I would like to see more individual focused stories explored. 

Would love more Superman movies with Cavill and a decent script, but looks like he's been booted as Superman which is disappointing. 

Whatever DC does now, it will be seen as copying Marvel. 

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Benjamin - 9 May 2019 12:41 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 5 May 2019 1:49 PM

I think the intention is to go stranger rather than bigger...  They're already saying that the next phase will be wildly different.

Cant wait.  
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

jlm8695 - 9 May 2019 1:23 PM

This is the least surprising post I've ever read on this forum. 

If Marvel hired Snyder to direct Captain Marvel 2...  Would Marconi's head explode?
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Benjamin - 11 May 2019 2:58 PM
jlm8695 - 9 May 2019 1:23 PM

If Marvel hired Snyder to direct Captain Marvel 2...  Would Marconi's head explode?

Nah he'll be praising it despite synder being all hype and filler 🤣🤣.  Do you think  marvel will try to reboot ff since its under their banner again? Or even xmen 
Edited
5 Years Ago by MvFCArsenal16.8
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Dan_The_Red - 8 Mar 2019 11:26 PM
You’re obviously too white and male for Captain Marvel.

I'm brown! Does that mean I can watch as the target audience?

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

I don't know how anyone can enjoy capeshit, it's the same recycled trash again and again. 

> same origin story pattern (mostly)
> same relationship drama (the hero spends too much time doing superhero shit and his girlfriend is mad etc etc)
> same """""""humor"""""""" (aka quips on quips on quips)
> same cinematography (oh wow the bad guy and the good guy are flying at each other really fast!!! how original!!)
> same amount of obvious product placement
> same character arc, even if the hero went through the same arc in the previous movie (starts cocky/confident/happy>gets power/meets new villain>hero fails>hero doubts themselves>turns things around with the help of girlfriend/other superhero friends>they win and learn something about themselves)
> same asinine themes 

The last super-hero movie I went to was Age of Ultron and I honestly fell asleep halfway through the final fightscene when the city falls down and the good guys (once again) combine their powers and bring down the bad guy. Don't you guys get bored of seeing the same exact movie except this time with people in different costumes and slightly different powers?
Edited
5 Years Ago by 433
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

433 - 11 May 2019 11:53 PM
I don't know how anyone can enjoy capeshit, it's the same recycled trash again and again. 

> same origin story pattern (mostly)
> same relationship drama (the hero spends too much time doing superhero shit and his girlfriend is mad etc etc)
> same """""""humor"""""""" (aka quips on quips on quips)
> same cinematography (oh wow the bad guy and the good guy are flying at each other really fast!!! how original!!)
> same amount of obvious product placement
> same character arc, even if the hero went through the same arc in the previous movie (starts cocky/confident/happy>gets power/meets new villain>hero fails>hero doubts themselves>turns things around with the help of girlfriend/other superhero friends>they win and learn something about themselves)
> same asinine themes 

The last super-hero movie I went to was Age of Ultron and I honestly fell asleep halfway through the final fightscene when the city falls down and the good guys (once again) combine their powers and bring down the bad guy. Don't you guys get bored of seeing the same exact movie except this time with people in different costumes and slightly different powers?

You haven't watched Infinity War then have you?

SPOILER ALERT:

The villain wins
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

NicCarBel - 12 May 2019 12:25 AM
433 - 11 May 2019 11:53 PM

You haven't watched Infinity War then have you?

SPOILER ALERT:

The villain wins

That's like me pointing to Empire Strikes back and saying Darth Vadar wins, you're completely ignoring the overall context of the story. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by 433
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Anyone else as hyped as I am for Godzilla King of the Monsters? 

Some of the shots in the trailer look out of this world good. 

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

433 - 12 May 2019 12:48 AM
NicCarBel - 12 May 2019 12:25 AM

That's like me pointing to Empire Strikes back and saying Darth Vadar wins, you're completely ignoring the overall context of the story. 

Yeah, I'll allow it
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Re-watching Dunkirk in 4K, really leaves me in awe of Nolan's work. All the details I had missed first time round in the cinema, the man is a visionary.

Combined with watching The Darkest Hour just before it, the movies complement each other so very well.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

HFS Rise of Skywalker is hot poo poo.

-PB

Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 22 Dec 2019 10:43 PM

-PB

Disney Star Wars is trash.
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

-PB

Considering it was the end of the trilogy and the whole saga I expected way more than that
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Dan_The_Red - 24 Dec 2019 8:36 PM

Disney Star Wars is trash.

The Mandalorian is pretty awesome though.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

aufc_ole - 26 Dec 2019 10:50 AM

Considering it was the end of the trilogy and the whole saga I expected way more than that

The whole sequels are a massive disrespect and should be treated as non canon accordingly.

Fanfic is better than those turds.

-PB

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Not much of a movie person,  won't go out of my way to watch a film, tend to prefer older movies, however i know jojo rabbit is out now and am keen to see it. Won't go to the cinema but if it comes onto Netflix or foxtel on demand ill gladly pay to see it. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

What's a film you've only seen parts of but never watched all the way through? I've got tonnes. More so, which film have you then actually sat down to watch in full and got blown away by what you had been missing? or realised you'd not been wasting your time? Had this thought as some in the family were watching a few xmas movies. I saw the end of Planes, Trains and Automobiles on youtube and thought there has to be something there. I often get the fast food scene from Falling Down in my youtube recommendations and think that movie surely has something to offer and I need to watch it.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Bleh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD5mLw0A8vI

-PB

Edited
4 Years Ago by paulbagzFC
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

1917 - Damn! My nerves are shot.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Aljay - 15 Feb 2020 12:14 AM
1917 - Damn! My nerves are shot.

Saw that but was confused by one thing that maybe you can help me with. 

They had to cross no man's land, go through the German lines and through the booby trapped tunnel and then they got out the other side and then they run into dudes in a convoy who just happen to be heading exactly where they are going.  Why didn't they drive there in the first place?  Or did I miss some dialogue that explained how that happened?

Member since 2008.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search