Movies Thread 2.0

Movies Thread 2.0

Author
socceroos_fan
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I bought two movies from the Queer Section in JBHIFI I have never seen yesterday :)

Summer Storm and Were The World Mine. Mad movies.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Benjo wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
although i wish the two blokes would just harden the fuck up in the movies

I think Ron hardens up quite a bit when it comes to Hermione in this one. ;)

He's not the only one :lol: =p~

Iv'e never understood why Voldermort has no nose...

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

His nose is a Horcrux, stop giving spoilers away Heiny!
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
Benjo wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
although i wish the two blokes would just harden the fuck up in the movies

I think Ron hardens up quite a bit when it comes to Hermione in this one. ;)

He's not the only one :lol: =p~

Iv'e never understood why Voldermort has no nose...

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Just watched Shutter Island for the first time. Enjoyable film, I've always liked DiCaprio as an actor, and it's because of roles like this. That said, the twist, while very good, is extremely predictable. Before I even saw this, as soon as I heard the premise of the movie, I had figured out what would happen. Doesn't take away from the film too much though, it's still an enjoyable story.

For those who have seen it [spoiler]Do you think he's pretending to have reverted to insanity at the very end? That last line "Which would be worse, to live as a monster or to die as a good man??". He doesn't want to live with the reality that he's killed his wife and lost his children, so he pretends to have reverted, knowing they'll give him the lobotomy and he'll forget it all?[/spoiler]

Edited by Funky Munky: 11/7/2010 11:17:48 PM
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I was completely zoned out when I saw the trailer for his other movie, Inception. No fucking idea what it's about, but I must see it.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Funky - Yes I do think he is. Pretty certain.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
Just watched Shutter Island for the first time. Enjoyable film, I've always liked DiCaprio as an actor, and it's because of roles like this. That said, the twist, while very good, is extremely predictable. Before I even saw this, as soon as I heard the premise of the movie, I had figured out what would happen. Doesn't take away from the film too much though, it's still an enjoyable story.

For those who have seen it [spoiler]Do you think he's pretending to have reverted to insanity at the very end? That last line "Which would be worse, to live as a monster or to die as a good man??". He doesn't want to live with the reality that he's killed his wife and lost his children, so he pretends to have reverted, knowing they'll give him the lobotomy and he'll forget it all?[/spoiler]

I remember when it came out on the old movies thread how we talked about it for 2 pages and people constantly saying "DON'T TELL THEM THE ENDING"

ummm about the ending i keep on wanting to believe that he's been set up but i think definitely the later

Edited by The Doctor: 11/7/2010 11:21:59 PM
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
martyB wrote:
I was completely zoned out when I saw the trailer for his other movie, Inception. No fucking idea what it's about, but I must see it.

Even if you were zoned in, you would have no idea what it's about. The trailer is so mindboggling, but epic. Can't wait for it.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

I remember when it came out on the old movies thread how we talked about it for 2 pages and people constantly saying "DON'T TELL THEM THE ENDING"

ummm about the ending i keep on wanting to believe that he's been set up but i think definitely the later

Edited by The Doctor: 11/7/2010 11:21:59 PM

I was hoping that would happen tbh. It's what I would have done. Twist on a Twist, just to fuck with people's heads even more.
TimmyJ
TimmyJ
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

buddha69 wrote:
Off to see Predators tomorrow. I have high hopes for it

I had highish hopes. But this did not deliver. Needed a little plot and no useless twist
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:

I was hoping that would happen tbh. It's what I would have done. Twist on a Twist, just to fuck with people's heads even more.

[spoiler]well the thing is you never saw it happen properly in the film, so i was never ready to accept it ever happening, i was thinking/hoping that this was being induced by the Ben Kingsley character somehow, i didn't want to accept the twist because it went against how i wanted the film to turn out... and i had trusted the Mark Rufelo character to the hilt and didn't like him suddenly turning like that infront of the audience was like ARGH! frustration...[/spoiler] i need to re-watch it to connect things, i think it's one of those movies where you have to watch it a few times to accept it and pick up on one or two things... [spoiler]also with the woman in the cave, was that a plot hole or just my poor memory of it being about 6 months ago[/spoiler]

Edited by The Doctor: 11/7/2010 11:34:48 PM
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

[spoiler]The woman in the cave was explained as apparently being completely imaginary. With what you say about 'Chuck', I didn't mind how his character turned out, as you could tell at the end he obviously was deeply dissapointed that Laeddis had seemingly reverted back to insanity[/spoiler]
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

I enjoyed the book of Shutter Island, haven't seen the movie. Might download it.

Has anybody seen the trailers for The Expendables?? DO FUCKING WANT! :lol:
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
[spoiler]The woman in the cave was explained as apparently being completely imaginary. With what you say about 'Chuck', I didn't mind how his character turned out, as you could tell at the end he obviously was deeply dissapointed that Laeddis had seemingly reverted back to insanity[/spoiler]

[spoiler]see if they can say that was imagined then you could argue him killing his wife is imagined/induced aswell[/spoiler]
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

[spoiler]see if they can say that was imagined then you could argue him killing his wife is imagined/induced aswell[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The whole thing is imagined. You're in a padded room right now. This our last chance to save you.[/spoiler] :p
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

[spoiler]The whole thing is imagined. You're in a padded room right now. This our last chance to save you.[/spoiler] :p

[spoiler]pfffffffft tossy cock... where in a computer program controlled by the robots... like i think i'd know that[/spoiler]

Edited by The Doctor: 12/7/2010 12:03:58 AM
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

[spoiler]I havent seen it yet, but felt like contributing to this[/spoiler]
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

[spoiler] i think we might be overusing the spoiler feature [/spoiler]
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

[spoiler]....................................................................................................................I bet you thought I was saying something important.[/spoiler]

Edited by Funky Munky: 12/7/2010 12:12:00 AM
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

[spoiler]I lol'd[/spoiler]
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

[spoiler]I just wanted to be involved too[/spoiler]
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

[spoiler] i felt annoyed, then i laughed

to think that the biggest game of football in the last 4 years is hours away and where doing this[/spoiler]
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

[spoiler]We're just bandwagoners afro.

And we need to pass the time somehow[/spoiler]
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

[spoiler]is it possible to spoiler feature an image on this?[/spoiler]
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

[spoiler]It's better than masturbation. This way it's like already being blind[/spoiler]
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

[spoiler] am i the only one who is confused by the use of the word masturbation just then... i find it humerous that the word masturbation is being censored by ourselves [/spoiler]
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

[spoiler]Who wouldn't use the word masturbation there?[/spoiler]
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

[spoiler]Paul Dempsey that's who although Ned Zelic probably would[/spoiler]

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

[spoiler]I'd give a limb for Paul Dempsey to just start talking about masturbation in a pre-match analysis[/spoiler]
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search