Newcastle Jerks Supporters - 24/02/08

Newcastle Jerks Supporters - 24/02/08

Author
Jets_Fan
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
From what I understand Dapuzzo, Abbas and Brockie are nursing injuries and I don't know when the U19's final is but hopefully kanta will be back so assuming all of that then:

--------------Haliti--------------
Patafta-------Bridges--------Jesic
-------Wehrman--------Kanta-------
Zadko----Ljubo-----Topor----Elrich
-------------Kennedy--------------
Anchor Man (defend)
Anchor Man (defend)
Hacker
Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)

Judging by Culina's reluctance to play Rooney when he's not 100% fit, I'd say we might see Mooy make his competitive debut at right back in place of tarek (which will provide some heart stopping moments if true). Otherwise I pretty much agree.

4-2-3-1 is fine by me, It's the formation that won the world cup.

Bench is full of strikers I would think (there's still only 4 spots iirc?)
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Reckon it would be

Hendo
Sasho
Brockie
Kanta

on the bench that is.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

6 days till kick off. :D
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

I will be devastated if Kanta gets benched. And I think Elrich will play, he played against Rockdale and Brisbane. I will kill myself if i see Mooy's name on the screen.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

I dunno if you guys have heard and I'm just a bit slow but Song is apparently playing for Tours FC in France now.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

Quote:
Kanta's top goal to start first-up
BY JAMES GARDINER
02 Aug, 2010 04:00 AM
FRESH from leading the Young Socceroos to victory at the ASEAN Championships, Ben Kantarovski has set his sights on the next assignment - winning a place in the Newcastle Jets midfield for the A-League opener against Adelaide United.

Kantarovski returned from Vietnam yesterday after playing every minute in the Young Socceroos four games, the last of which was a rugged 1-0 win over Thailand in Saturday's final.

"It is always good to win a tournament, and the fact that we didn't lose a game added to the satisfaction," Kantarovski told The Newcastle Herald after arriving back in the city yesterday.

"The conditions were pretty tough. It was hot and humid and not ideal for playing quality football.

"But we worked very hard and managed to come away with the right results."

Jets coach Branko Culina was critical of the timing of the tournament, given that the A-League starts this week, but Kantarovski said it helped "top up my match fitness".

"I feel at my peak," the 18-year-old said.

"The treatment we received between games over there was tremendous.

"They really looked after us.

"Hydration was a big part of it and we had massages, ice baths, pool sessions . . . everything possible to help our recovery."

The Jets have today off training, which gives Kantarovski just three session to press his claims for a start at Hindmarsh Stadium on Friday.

Former Socceroo Kasey Wehrman has a mortgage on one of the screening midfield positions in Culina's preferred 4-2-3-1 formation.

Kantarovski starred alongside Wehrman in the opening three trial wins against Melbourne Heart, Northern NSW and Sydney United, but his commitments with the Young Socceroos have opened the door for Jobe Wheelhouse and Ruben Zadkovich, both of whom are coming off injuries.

Wheelhouse had double groin surgery and new signing Zadkovich had his start delayed by a fractured wrist and ankle problem.

"There are only two positions and about five or six of us fighting for it," Kantarovski said.

"It's good for the team and good for us. It will push everyone along and make us better players in the end.

"I'm not really thinking too much about it at this stage. I just want to get back to training and have some fun."

Print
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

I hope he plays kanta as well. with jobe coming off the bench.
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Kanta will be a feature player and likely off of the bench for the first half of the season. My thought is he is likely to get a starting role in the event of an injury in the backline. He's a top player but Branko is likely to choose age and experience over gusto and youthful vigour.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Kanta has showed maturity beyond his years. Captain of the tournament-winning young socceroos and great performance in the pre-season games should have earnt him a place alongside Wherman. Imo he is a better player than Wheelhouse and the middle will have a good balance with the experience that Wherman has and the youth that Kanta has. He has been with the club for years and won player of the year in 07/08 he deserves to be a regular in the starting 11.
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Jets_Fan wrote:
Kanta has showed maturity beyond his years. Captain of the tournament-winning young socceroos and great performance in the pre-season games should have earnt him a place alongside Wherman. Imo he is a better player than Wheelhouse and the middle will have a good balance with the experience that Wherman has and the youth that Kanta has. He has been with the club for years and won player of the year in 07/08 he deserves to be a regular in the starting 11.

While I agree with you on most points, Kanta has one failing and that it his temper. Many times last season he blew his stake after getting mugged for the ball. Once he loses sight of the game he is lost and constantly finding himself out of position and having to chase his man.
Weherman will be a great teacher but I think for the first half of the season we'll see him coming off of the bench.
Hopefully in the second half he'll be playing in the Bundesliga.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

rocknerd wrote:
Jets_Fan wrote:

While I agree with you on most points, Kanta has one failing and that it his temper. Many times last season he blew his stake after getting mugged for the ball. Once he loses sight of the game he is lost and constantly finding himself out of position and having to chase his man.
Weherman will be a great teacher but I think for the first half of the season we'll see him coming off of the bench.

I agree, I hope that we sell him in the January window instead of letting him go for free. We have developed this player from before he was 16.

Hoping that we replace him with some young local talent
MidfieldMaestro
MidfieldMaestro
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Nice thread Marconi. :p

Can't wait for the season to start!
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

I hope the Labi and Bridges combination continues to excite. Some of their interplay was impressive last season.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

Will be at the pub this time in 4 days :D
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

MidfieldMaestro wrote:
Nice thread Marconi. :p

I know eh? How original is it? :lol:

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

rocknerd wrote:
Jets_Fan wrote:

I agree about the temper thing but towards the back end of the season he seemed to calm down. And I love referencing the wellington final but in that game he definitely stepped up and showed his talent when he was taking care of Ifill. I thought his main problem was giving away stupid fouls (he gave away 3 penalties?) and got what like 6 yellows and a red? But from the pre-season game i saw against NBN select that won't be as big as a problem as his defensive duties have been reduced; Wehrman sits back while Kanta pushes forward. And who would take Kanta's spot? Wheelhouse? Wheelhouse is the king of fouling.
Gunners_Shot_Stopper
Gunners_Shot_Stopper
Hacker
Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Can anyone tell me whether Brockie, Zadko and Elrich will be fit?
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Elrick and Zadko have played in the last 2 games but i think brockie has a slight niggle at the moment.
Gunners_Shot_Stopper
Gunners_Shot_Stopper
Hacker
Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)Hacker (392 reputation)

Jets_Fan wrote:
Elrick and Zadko have played in the last 2 games but i think brockie has a slight niggle at the moment.

jesic will probs start on the right then, my guess;

-------------BK----------

Elrich---Lubo----NTS---ADP

-------Kasey---Kanta------

Jesic------Bridges---Abbas

-----------Haliti---------

Hendo
Whellhouse
Zadko
Rooney
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Dapuzzo and Abbas are also nursing niggles apparently.
Gunners_Shot_Stopper
Gunners_Shot_Stopper
Hacker

Jets_Fan wrote:
Dapuzzo and Abbas are also nursing niggles apparently.

damn, i knew our pre-season was going to well
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

There only niggles and it's good because now players like Patafta and Zadkovich will be able to stake their claim and challenge for the spot.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Alright so from the article i just read it looks like Rooney, Elrich, Brockie and maybe Wheelhouse not sure though are all out so the line-up will likely be:

-------------Haliti---------------
Abbas--------Bridges---------Jesic
------Wehrman---------Kanta-------
A.Puzz----Ljubo----Topor-----Zadko
--------------Kennedy-------------
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class

Jets_Fan wrote:
would take Kanta's spot? Wheelhouse? Wheelhouse is the king of fouling.

I wouldn't sugest that Wheelhouse could take Kantas spot but they are to different types of players. Wheelhouses role is to be an inforcer. he is there to make the foul and draw the card. Kanta is a much better player and will go overseas eventually, Jobe is at the peak of his career.

I prefer Wheelhouse becauase of this as he knows when to take down a Hernandez or a Brosque. Kanta just takes people out when he gets frustrated.

but he will get a start in Adelaide it looks with the injury concerns.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Kanta is more attacking though. Wehrman and Wheelhouse are too similar to play alongside each other. Its like Grella and Culina. Grella is the enforcer while Culina is the attacker.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Just out of pure interest. I dont know how many of you are regulars in the squadron and i dont know if timmy is on here but what chant is your favourite? I like the Joel Griffiths one but I wanna change it to suit bridges. I.e Michael Bridges walks on water shalalalala.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

The "If we jump, Hutcho dies ole ole" is my personal favourite

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

Quote:

Culina's scoop on Reds' new coach
BY JAMES GARDINER
05 Aug, 2010 04:00 AM

NEWCASTLE Jets coach Branko Culina was one of the few people in Australian soccer who did not need to consult Google when Rini Coolen was announced as the new boss at Adelaide United.

Coolen replaced Aurelio Vidmar last month, and although he worked as a professional coach in Holland for 12 years the Dutchman's appointment raised eyebrows.

But not with Culina, who will go head-to-head with the latest Dutch invader in the A-League opener at Hindmarsh Stadium tomorrow.

Culina's son and Socceroos midfielder Jason played under Coolen when he was coach at FC Twente.

The Dutchman also approached Culina when he was at the helm of Sydney FC in 2007.

"He was Jason's coach and actually applied for a job when I was at Sydney," Culina said.

"He contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in bringing him in as my assistant.

"He is a typical Dutch coach. Their philosophy doesn't change. That is the Dutch school.

"What you hear Melbourne Heart coach [John van't Schip] say, you will probably hear him say. It's just that the other has been here longer.

"Their philosophy is the same, it is about keeping possession, using wingers and so forth."

Coolen arrived in Adelaide three weeks ago and Culina does not expect he will have had enough time to make dramatic changes to their counter-attacking style.

"We know how Adelaide like to play," he said.

"The only uncertainty is what the new coach will do - whether he will want to change things or let it go for a little while before he puts his own stamp on it.

"It's hard to get people to change their habits. It takes time. If the team is used to playing defensively, they won't become an offensive team overnight.

"But what Adelaide have done better than last year is recruited some good players, namely Sergio van Dijk up front and midfielder Marcos Flores.

"They have added a lot of punch to their team, therefore they don't necessarily have to play on the counter-attack like they did last year. They will be far more formidable."

Though wary of the Reds, Culina has kept the focus on his own side.

"We will touch on Adelaide tomorrow a little bit," he said.

"It was important, with the lost time due to wet weather, that we focus on what we have to do first."

The Jets returned to the training pitch yesterday, but Culina has delayed naming a squad until this morning.

"We hadn't kicked a ball since Sunday and you could see we were a little bit rusty," he said.

"I was hoping to try a few things today, but with the heavy ground I was concerned they might get injured and it would take too much out of them."

Tarek Elrich, Jeremy Brockie and Sean Rooney, who are coming back from pre-season injuries, trained strongly but Culina remained noncommittal on their involvement.

"It is a matter of getting the right balance in the travelling party," he said.

Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

marconi101 wrote:
The "If we jump, Hutcho dies ole ole" is my personal favourite

I've actually never heard that one :oops:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search