God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

Author
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I don't understand what you're trying to say LFC. I agree 100% that the board are to blame for this whole mess, which is why I've said all along sacking Wenger won't make things better because I have zero faith in the current board finding a suitable replacement.
Having said that you'd have to be blind not to think Wenger is pretty much part of that same board calling the shots.
You're saying that it's the players who are to blame but you do realise that he is the one picking them right? So yes he deserves the blame especially when he chops and changes the players who perform well each week, yet persists week in week out with the players who flop it in every single game. 
I was a huge supporter of Wenger especially when every season he would have to sell our best players to pay off Emirates Stadium and yet he'd still make top 4 year in year out, however with finances looking better then many clubs out there now, and being in a position for the last 3 seasons where he hasn't had to sell his best players, I can't make anymore excuses for him. 
He's failing miserably and it's such a shame he'll go out this way with majority of fans wanting him out. It shouldn't be this way but he's the one to blame. 
I want him out and hopefully the board brings in one useless manager after another ( which I'm sure they'll do ) and then that scum bag kronke has enough and sells out to one of the other owners who actually support Arsenal. They'll come in wipe out the current board and hopefully then Arsenal gets back to where it belongs which isn't being happy to make top 4 and last 16 of champions league. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Hey, like I said I'm just bringing up conversation plus it is a curious scenario.
Forgetting wenger for now.
Lets look at it another way.
20 clubs competing in the top flight.
Your squad talent overall the last 10yrs barring last season not making CL has been better than the other 16 clubs for the results prove it..
All of those other 16clubs would wish for that let alone......

A manager only can do what the Board tells him to do, its obvious he's getting paid very well not to go against the Boards directive, he's submitted to that by staying on each time at contract renewal.
Do you guys think the Board will change its way going to business once wenger is gone ? doubt it just that the managers name is new.
Look at Ashley at Toonville, what they could be for so many years, I don't expect Rafa staying their much longer, the rope gets pulled in, he won't take that the type of person he is.

Players I keep saying......
Read Henry Neville Souness in this one, Carra was blasting players not just this time before as well.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/27/arsene-wenger-hints-private-issues-affecting-arsenal-unacceptable/

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

So looks like Ox is actually on his way out. No real problems there sounds like we'll get a good fee and one that is well above what he's worth imo. Whether that fee is used back into the squad is a different story.

While Ox leaving is no big deal imo I still have no fucking idea what is going on with Mustafi. If our plan is to go into a season with Koscielny, Holding, a retiring Mertesacker and I guess Chambers as our CB's then we have well and truly lost the plot if that wasn't already obvious.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

So according to the Ornacle Ox is off to Chelsea for 40m

Also looks like we've agreed a fee for Gibbs with West Brom. Supposed to have a medical later today. Get the feeling it'll be a busy couple days.
Edited
7 Years Ago by sydneycroatia58
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
The fuckwit has turned down a 40million move to Chelsea to try and force through a move to Liverpool. 

His shitty decision making is fucking us off the pitch now as well.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Why on earth would he move to Chelsea to sit on the bench when he could move to Liverpool and actually play? Good career move. Who wants to play for Chelsea anyway

ARNIE= LEGEND

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

RedKat - 30 Aug 2017 10:18 AM
Why on earth would he move to Chelsea to sit on the bench when he could move to Liverpool and actually play? Good career move. Who wants to play for Chelsea anyway

He's more likely to play for Chelsea, who want him at RWB. 

He's not getting into Liverpools squad in CM and he can't play RB. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Strange move by Ox.
As jlm mentions we have mids and quite a few at that and were trying to get Monaco's Lemar first and foremost atm and possibly Van Dijk ?.
Who knows the above not turning out may open Ox's chances but I can't see the point at this stage.
Chelski need a mid.

Love Football

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

He's an idiot. He will 100% play at Chelsea. It'll be at RWB but he'll be playing. I mean there's confidence in yourself but this is ridiculous lol.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

So Ox to Liverpool for 35m+5m in add ons. Same offer as the one from Chelsea. 

Ornacle also says we have no money left for major transfers and that the only way Sanchez leaves is if we get a major offer and sort out a replacement.

So as it stands our summer incomings ended with Lacazette. We are a complete joke lol
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Where the fuck is all the money?
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Apparently it's our wage bill and this new soft sslary cap that's the problem.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I can't get my head around the no more money thing.

Is it one of the fallouts from no Champs League, maybe? 

Up until this point, it just felt like we had the ability, but not desire, to spend way more money than we currently had. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Yeah the loss of revenue from the Champions League is supposed to be the biggest thing, means we can't increase our wage spending as much as we would be able to if we were in the champions league. Still don't quite believe that, even with signing Kolasinac and Lacazette we should still have enough left to make at least 1 or 2 more major signings, especially since Ox, Gabriel and Gibbs leaving clears about 170k per week off the wage budget.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

After the Liverpool game "effort" I propose we sack Aaron Ramsey. 

That'll help clear up even more wages as per sydcro's thoughts. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

What if you guys got Sterling ? http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2017/08/arsenal-transfer-news-raheem-sterling-man-city-exclusive/

Love Football

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Mustafi's move to Inter has broken down so at least that's that probably sorted.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

pv4 - 31 Aug 2017 3:25 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing us buy an actual DM and play them next to Xhaka instead of pretending Xhaka is a DM who can play with a wannabe striker like Rambo.

As for wages, forget Ramsey, the best thing we can do is fuck off Theo. There's well over 100k a week saved there.
Edited
7 Years Ago by sydneycroatia58
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

You're on thin ice
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Does anyone know anything about Mustafi leaving? I mean I've liked him and can't work out why the fuck we are even considering selling him in the first place. 
Ox did well to pick Liverpool over Chelsea imo and I'm sure he'll do well there.
Sydcro I agree walcott is our biggest waste of money player we have on our books but I'm pretty sure the only reason we're not selling him is because he's that fucking shit no one wants to buy him and pay him anything near the 140k pounds a week or so we're currently paying.

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

No idea what the story is with Mustafi, whether it was him wanting to leave or us really wanting to get rid of him but that's all off now and he's staying.

So looks like we have agreed a deal with City for Sanchez but it'd dependent on us getting Lemar to replace him who we've apparently had a bid in for. If no Lemar then Sanchez stays.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Lucas Perez back to Deportivo on loan.

Sky Sports joining the bandwagon and reporting hours after everyone else that we've bid 90m+ for Lemar.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

That is according to French football expert Matt Spiro.

He tweeted: “Monaco accept #Arsenal's £90m bid for Thomas Lemar. 

“However am told player would rather join #Liverpool.”

lol.....

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Well, at least we can say that we our first team improved this window, regardless of $$ spent.

Now we simply have to make Chanlions League,. 1 season out is fine, it happens to very club eventually. A second season out of it with Alexis and Ozil going in the same season? The knock on effects from that could mean we don't get another sniff in for many years.

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

I would however, kill to see us try something different and fuck off this 3 at the back shit.

Giroud thrives for France and looks a world beater with Griez playing off him. Laca could do the same.

Giroud-Laca
Ozil-Xhaka-Ramsey-Alexis

Just anything. Even back to the 4231. Maybe a diamond if Wilshere can stay fit.

Just not 3ATB, we look worse defensively and our attack has lost something.
pv4
pv4
Legend

jlm8695 - 31 Aug 2017 7:00 PM

You're on thin ice

You've already shown more effort than Ramsey with that comment. 
pv4
pv4
Legend

jlm8695 - 1 Sep 2017 8:44 AM
Giroud-Laca 

It seemed to have an instant impact against Liverpool. I'm not optimistic that Wenger will actually play them together consistently, but the idea of it has a lot of potential IMO. 
pv4
pv4
Legend

Giroud-LacaOzil-Xhaka-Ramsey-Alexis

Change out Ramsey for Iwobi pls. Or Jack. I don't care, not Ramsey. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

I would however, kill to see us try something different and fuck off this 3 at the back shit.Giroud thrives for France and looks a world beater with Griez playing off him. Laca could do the same.Giroud-LacaOzil-Xhaka-Ramsey-AlexisJust anything. Even back to the 4231. Maybe a diamond if Wilshere can stay fit.Just not 3ATB, we look worse defensively and our attack has lost something.

I think the game against Liverpool was either the death of the 3 at the back experiment or certainly its last legs. I mean all 3 games so far when we've needed to chase the game we've reverted back to a 4 at the back, which I think says Arsene doesn't have a lot of faith in it atm and only stuck with it because it was so successful at the end of last season. I would much rather see us go back to a 4-2-3-1 with Ozil in behind and wouldn't be shocked if we saw Giroud up top at times with Ozil, Laca and Alexis in behind.

What going back to a 4-2-3-1 does also is make rotating for the Europa League a lot easier since we'd have a back up for every position and they'd be in their actual position.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

pv4 - 1 Sep 2017 9:54 AM

Change out Ramsey for Iwobi pls. Or Jack. I don't care, not Ramsey. 

Take some time off to reflect on your posting behavior. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search