God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

God's Chessboard (2017/2018 Arsenal FC Thread) **Boom XhakaLaca**

Author
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
You can also add in the board.
They could have shifted him years ago, heck their the employer - they also could have also said to him we want you to buy more quality,  and we arn't letting RVP go at the time and on and on.
Yer sure Arsene can cop all the blame but he's not the only one to blame alone, he's up front and centre but many behind him are in the thick of it as well.
Look forward seeing what transpires 2019 for you guys.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Stoke relegated and Santi back in full training. Almost forgot what it was like to have this much good news in one day.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Here's hoping we can give him at least 5 10 mins of game time in our last games. 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

lol we sold this man and kept fucking Ospina ffs

All in all not a bad weekend.

Perfect send off for Arsene with a 5-0 win, Stoke relegated, Spurs lose and Giroud doing all he can to make Spurs miss the Champions League. Couldn't have asked for much more.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 - 7 May 2018 12:46 PM

Perfect send off for Arsene with a 5-0 win, Stoke relegated, Spurs lose and Giroud doing all he can to make Spurs miss the Champions League. Couldn't have asked for much more.

It seemed like dyche  told his Burnley to let us have it. To send him off with some style.    Also lol  at bfg  
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

I was getting worried Wenger's last game wouldn't be win so I'm so glad he got the win and not only a win but one in style. 
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

You know you're shit when all you have to look forward to is us missing the UCL. We are 1 point behind Liverpool and have a game in hand so it should be them worrying!

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

LOL.....
You got to win them both to be safe mind you - we have 2 bites of the cherry at least but I'm not counting the chickens as yet.
You do have bragging rights being 11points ahead right now - thats gold as they say.

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

LFC. - 8 May 2018 10:13 AM
LOL.....
You got to win them both to be safe mind you - we have 2 bites of the cherry at least but I'm not counting the chickens as yet.
You do have bragging rights being 11points ahead right now - thats gold as they say.

True but you have to win your last game too and with bigger distractions. 

We play 2 teams with nothing to play for so watch us f*ck it up haha

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

BETHFC - 8 May 2018 8:37 AM

You know you're shit when all you have to look forward to is us missing the UCL. We are 1 point behind Liverpool and have a game in hand so it should be them worrying!

What the fuck else am I supposed to look forward to this season lol it's literally all I have. It's more the fact it'll be Giroud who does it, if it does happen, which makes it better tbh, if it wasn't him there wouldn't be as much enjoyment. Also the fact you play Newcastle still has me hoping for more shenanigans, shame it's not at St James'
Edited
6 Years Ago by sydneycroatia58
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Would be glorious if giri scores the goal or goals to deny spuds champs league football.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

sydneycroatia58 - 8 May 2018 8:35 PM
BETHFC - 8 May 2018 8:37 AM

What the fuck else am I supposed to look forward to this season lol it's literally all I have. It's more the fact it'll be Giroud who does it, if it does happen, which makes it better tbh, if it wasn't him there wouldn't be as much enjoyment. Also the fact you play Newcastle still has me hoping for more shenanigans, shame it's not at St James'

Haha welcome to my world before last season when our only highlight was your lot capitulation in the title race!

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

What a day, Leicester beat you lot, we confirm Champions League and move into 3rd and Huddersfield hold Chelsea at home. 
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I can't wait to see what Auba will do next season with a settled team behind him and a fit Mikki. 

Him and Laca are going to do dumb numbers with Ozil and Mikki behind them. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I expect Auba to be your key point man but Lacca, lets see what he banks with all this good ball to come.
Enjoy BETHFC the shackles have been broken they are having to eat it now but I'm surprised they have a  better GF than you.

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

LFC. - 10 May 2018 11:57 AM
I expect Auba to be your key point man but Lacca, lets see what he banks with all this good ball to come.
Enjoy BETHFC the shackles have been broken they are having to eat it now but I'm surprised they have a  better GF than you.

We're a one man team remember......

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

So it looks like mikki will be our new coach.  Not manager  but coach.  Dont know how to feel about this

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

We're already at the players social media activity = transfer confirmation part of the offseason 

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Looks like, according to Ornstein, we're moving into a more continental type structure where it's a head coach rather than a manager who slots into the structure. Not a huge shock after the Sven and Raul acquisitions, this was always the likely next step. If it's Arteta, and it looks like it will be, he'll be the 6th former player to come back as manager.

Also a report that Henry will leave his job with Belgium and take up a role in Miki's backroom staff.
Edited
6 Years Ago by sydneycroatia58
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Apparently he wants santi on his staff. Bobby pires wants in as well 
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Arsenal lack ambition to be the best club in England. As Arsenal fans we need to accept the fact with Stan Kronke in charge we should only be aiming for top 4 at best and the occasional chance to win a FA Cup.
I knew from the very beginning we wouldn't get a proven world class manager. Not saying Arteta can't be anything special because he can and only time will tell but clearly this signing isn't showing any ambition to be the best. 
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

I thought it was official that Arteta had signed but now there's talk that it could be Unai Emery with Arteta as assistant. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

robstazzz - 21 May 2018 8:47 PM
I thought it was official that Arteta had signed but now there's talk that it could be Unai Emery with Arteta as assistant. 

Heard that rumour too  but press maybe throwing it out there.  Wouldnt mind that tho as to give mikki someone to learn off for a while longer 

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 21 May 2018 9:36 PM
robstazzz - 21 May 2018 8:47 PM

Heard that rumour too  but press maybe throwing it out there.  Wouldnt mind that tho as to give mikki someone to learn off for a while longer 

I agree. I'm not a big fan of an assistant going straight into a managerial role unless it's at a lower level. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Looks like unai emery is to be announced  this week as coach. With mikki staying  on with pep. Seems like ivan and the board got scared off mikkis lack of managerial experience 
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Pretty clear this is a stop gap appointment, at least to begin with. Manager with great success in the Europa League on a 2 year deal and dropped into a setup and structure he knows well. Think it'll be a case of get us back to the Champions League and we'll see what happens in terms of a contract.

It is an advantage that this is a set up he worked under at Sevilla so wont be any teething problems there with Raul and Sven doing a lot of the recruitment.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Looking like the logical move mind you.
By reports I read you'll have only 50Mlbs to spend (is that right ?) but I expect the change alone will give the place a fresh outlook ahead as it normally does with a new gaffa.
Mind you his French success was like being at RM, money galore but again, he's young, fresh and contesting for the 4 is all that would matter first up and beating S*urs :), anything more would be a bonus I suppose......

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

LFC. - 23 May 2018 10:01 AM
Looking like the logical move mind you.
By reports I read you'll have only 50Mlbs to spend (is that right ?) but I expect the change alone will give the place a fresh outlook ahead as it normally does with a new gaffa.
Mind you his French success was like being at RM, money galore but again, he's young, fresh and contesting for the 4 is all that would matter first up and beating S*urs :), anything more would be a bonus I suppose......

That 50 mil quote  is a misoner.thats a pre sale budget of 50 mil . Also that 50 mil takes into account of wages  as well  
 Hes been announced  now  a lot of kids will think the emriates was named after  emery 😁😁
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

ok thanks.
Interesting times for 18/2019 season, Pelligrini at the Hammers, already looking forward to it.

Love Football

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Would be very happy with this. A gigantic upgrade on our current backup RB options.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search