Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
RBS: H&G "seeking to profit from confusion"
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Even if Hicks and Gillet lose the case today, I'm pretty sure they can appeal and that will take it beyond Friday anyway.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

imnofreak wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
11.38am: Hicks and Gillett representative admits to breach of contract but feels there is no urge for board to be reconstituted before Friday.

RBS dismisses this as 'absurd' given the company needs to repay £200m to the bank by Friday.

THIS IS JUST ABSURD... DOES HICKS WANT TO SEND THE CLUB INTO ADMINISTRATION

He is trying to buy enough time for us to go into admin, forcing NESV to walk, and therfore giving Lim the chance to pay off the debt and own us. Lim and him and close.

but how much more is Lim supposedly offering... it wouldn't be enough for them to make a profit, and supposedly the current board rejected another bid this morning
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Even if Hicks and Gillet lose the case today, I'm pretty sure they can appeal and that will take it beyond Friday anyway.

probably... depends what happens and how long the appeal process takes
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

1. Appeal is within 72 hours if I understand correctly, meaning Friday.

2. Even if it does go over, the court case is RBS v Hicks and co. Therefore, as RBS are a party involved in the case, I doubt they would call the loan in until a judgement has been passed.

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

The Doctor wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

I think you could almost guarentee it'd take it beyond Friday. It really doesn't look good for pool tbph. Hicks and Gillet win you're fucked. They don't win and appeal and it goes beyind Friday, the RBS calls in the loans and possible administration.

Edited by sydneycroatia58: 12/10/2010 09:56:56 PM
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Apparently Lim offered a total investment of 360m. 320m for the club and 40m for player investment.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

I think you could almost guardsmen it'd take it beyond Friday. It really doesn't look good for pool tbph. Hicks and Gillet win you're fucked. They don't win and appeal and it goes beyind Friday, the RBS calls in the loans and possible administration.

hicks won't win, and thats becoming very apparent very quickly, imno makes sense with the RBS thing, if RBS see the possobility of this sale and the debts being paid off by Boston then it is possible they may push back the date as they are the vested party
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

I think you could almost guarentee it'd take it beyond Friday. It really doesn't look good for pool tbph. Hicks and Gillet win you're fucked. They don't win and appeal and it goes beyind Friday, the RBS calls in the loans and possible administration.

Did you not just read what I said? When you don't understand the intricacies of a scenario, don't run your mouth off. I don't start talking about Arsenals inner workings, because I don't know all about it.

On your comment about Lim, he is a Manc Fan, and I have heard bad things about him and would much much prefer NESV.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

And what kind of person is submitting bids and upping them and all this nonsense whilst we are in court?!

Sorry if I'm being short Sydcro, lack of sleep, and the seriousness of this scenario. But things aren't looking bad like you said they are.

Highly unlikely RBS will call in the loan whilst THEY are involved in an ongoing court case.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

imnofreak wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

Did you not just read what I said? When you don't understand the intricacies of a scenario, don't run your mouth off. I don't start talking about Arsenals inner workings, because I don't know all about it.

On your comment about Lim, he is a Manc Fan, and I have heard bad things about him and would much much prefer NESV.

:lol: I typed that before I read what you'd said so my bad on that
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
imnofreak wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

All good man :)
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

11.55am: Back in court: "RBS reveals that it is clause C3 of the sale agreement with the bank that Hicks and Gillett signed in April 2010 that they have breached in regards to trying to change the board."
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
imnofreak wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

fucking snapped... i love this place so much how it's a community that imno felt obliged to apologise o:)
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Well if he didn't read it then my point is invalid. So, I should apologise.

Sounds like Hicks has a donkey of a lawyer. But, just going out on a Lim(b) here... I'm sure he has something up his sleeve. 8-[

I'm so farking tired but no way I'm going to sleep.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

So Lim's bid only matters if NESV pulls out. Seems like a waste of time if you ask me.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

12.06pm: Despite his new offer, Lim's chances of buying Liverpool are slim. Lim is only likely to gain control of Liverpool if Hicks loses in court and RBS put the club into administration or NESV choose to pull out. NESV's agreement with the LFC board is legally binding, so a higher bid cannot be accepted. Lim might also try to offer Hicks the funds needed to pay off the debt and take control surreptitiously, although this would seem like a very risky strategy. Lim, by the way, is a Manchester United fan and owns a string of Manchester United themed bars, the Reds cafes, in Asia.

the lim deal sounds diabolical
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
So Lim's bid only matters if NESV pulls out. Seems like a waste of time if you ask me.

It is. He is a snitch. I bet Hicks' plan is to say that the board acted too soon in accepting NESV's offer, showing Lim's offer as a higher one and saying they didn't take the best course of action or some shit. Should fail though.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

A Man Utd fan looking to buy Liverpool. Not dodgy at all:lol: Harry Redknapp has to be involved in the dodginess somewhere:lol:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

The Doctor wrote:
i don't get it... like there looking to get a profit from it... but fuck they won't get ANYTHING back if the banks take control

They'll in fact lose money if that happens.

This Lim bloke is having a lugh. Trying to buy the club after an offer is accepted. And being a united fan #-o
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Bet he's offering Hicks something too. This Lim fella better get farked. Dodgy prick.

Slim Lim.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Girolami QC for H&G: RBS have presented "seriously misleading picture of true issues"

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

imnofreak wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

It is. He is a snitch. I bet Hicks' plan is to say that the board acted too soon in accepting NESV's offer, showing Lim's offer as a higher one and saying they didn't take the best course of action or some shit. Should fail though.

His offer would be accepted by the RBS should H&G win today, Liverpool go into administration. United fan wins.

"Apparently Hicks and Gillett have now attempted to bagsy the club. We all know that the law of bagsy overrides any other laws."
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

imnofreak wrote:
Girolami QC for H&G: RBS have presented "seriously misleading picture of true issues"

I'd love to know how. If anything it's been H&G who have been misleading. Using loans borrowed against the club as 'proof of funds' should be fraud.

I can't do this. I feel so sick right now. I haven't been this nervous in a long long time.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

imnofreak wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

H&G: accept sale inevitable but say board didn't consider alternatives to NESV
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Did I call it or what?

Edited by imnofreak: 12/10/2010 10:32:36 PM
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

So Hicks has paid his mate Lim to put the offer in to make it seem like the board acted rashly. Just like I said.

Still, shouldn't be a successful ploy.

Come on... please.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

#LFC chairman Martin Broughton: "This is a willing-buyer, willing-seller auction" (July 1 2010). Cut to the High Court...

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
imnofreak wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

Load of crap, the rejected an offer from Lakshmi Mittal because he has money involved in QPR and would have to sell that first.

You'd think that for such an 'important' day, H&G could fucking show up in court.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

i still don't think it's enough because by the business transaction New England is a good one and it's not as if it was rash
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search