Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Ily xx
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Thanks guys ! :)

Well it was nothing like the hammers performance of last week thats for sure.
Typically boro sat deep, sometimes 6 across the last line barring the kitchen sink.
We make it harder not countering at pace imo, (especially without Mane) back when we had Luis we could play that long wide searching ball or middle Luis would grab it and bang the perfect result - Boro nearly done this to us mind you twice that scared the bejesus out of us all I'm sure but we just don't push that counter advantage quick enough.
After copious amounts of possesion it was getting hard to watch by the 45th bloody minute lol.....
Great play finally "clicked", Firmino's one touch was brilliant for Wijnaldum to collect into the box and BANG into the top right corner at 45+1min !
The nerves could finally settle - purely because HT was about to come up.
I still wasn't comfortable knowing in the past we have "blown" this opportunity countless times in the past, we gain a spot kick right in the little Magicians range ! and that he did, whipped it cleverly from right to left across Guzan into the net !
I still had scares, boro weren't lying down as you'd expect..
Bamford could have should have ?
Our possesion was finally telling on boro, Lallana's goal was going to happen.
Great lead up and following on bravo put away spot on.
Now I was feeling safer/better.......
Moreno ? the little hot head didn't need to react, just walk away mate please.
I was disappointed Firmino coming off, I felt he deserved getting a goal due to this seasons contribution but I also was very happy seeing Lucas subbing him being the job was done finally. Who knows, thats liklely the last time in our shirt ?! and the crowd shouting "shoot" everytime he touched the ball lol.......

We've made the opportunity to having another go in CL. What a roller coaster season as always.
Klopp and his team, despite the January collapse has mentally got into this squads heads so well thankfully, recovered very well and at the same time results went our way importantly.
Milner, got to give huge credit to him doing the best he can out of position all season.
Mignolet, the last 8wks he has lifted.
Can has increased his work rate.
Matip solid.
Lovren still needs improving much but again saved our bacon at times well and still scares the crap out of us.
Sturridge still not entirely himself but his start up against the hammers and goal was that important, wonder whats to become of him. He wasn't himself entirely yesterday.
The little magician Coutinho, brilliant, without him we wouldn't be there, this is wrong, I expect Klopp's shopping list is another creative player and finisher.
In saying that - WOOOHooooooo 4th place.

16 more points than last season.
6 more wins.
2 less draws.
4 loss's less.
GF 15more
GA 8 less.
76points compared to 60 previous season.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Don't care what others think.
I'll be out at ANZ us vsing SFC.
Right near the Kop end.
Win win for me as both are my teams.
Klopp just announced touring squad.
Agga, SG,SMac and Carra are incl - doesn't fuss me I love these 4 anyway and my kids will love it as well.
Only main liners missing are Mane expected, Can and real bummer Coutinho - both of NT commitments, Confed Cup in Russia and of all things Cout for Brazil in Melb :(
Nonetheless a Celebration not bad timing TBH.
YNWA.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

WTF is there so many local football threads in WF ?! surely this can be corrected.

On another note welcome Salah !
I hope you have changed since your last EPL times, sure better have considering what we paid !!
I'm expecting so, I look forward seeing what you bring to our game the coming trial games on.
Yes the signing is days old but what the heck.
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/266595-liverpool-fc-complete-signing-of-mohamed-salah

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Join in pals

http://forum.insidesport.com.au/2547683/Fantasy-EPL-201718-TAKE-YOUR-PLACE-NOW#bm2548479

milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Rate that advertising, I'll have to pay you soon the way you're going!
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Thanks for your searching for players pv4, I have had a looksy when first started up over the times but see it too confusing so couldn't be bothered.
If it were as per the KISS principle easy as but just looks too much to bother with.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well our 1st hit out vsing Tranmere as usual.
4nil win.
Milner pen.
Grujic cracker from 25 out top right corner
Chiravella
Woodburn pen.
Pretty strong start up tbh, used 20+ players by end of game.
First run for Hendo since Feb !
Good seeing that Gomez had a run.
Flanno still around.
Markovic trying to get a stay with us again.

Mane has started training at Melwood.
Salah obviously not given debut yet.

Next game Wigan Friday.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Just playing some catch up......
First of all Thankyou Lucas and good luck in SerieA with Lazio.
It was going to happen - 10yrs service to our shirt 21/club, 346 appearances across all comps, a sound reliable working mid no fuss.
Shall be keeping an eye on your season/s in Italy. I reckon you made a good choice playing there.

Well the show goes on in HK.
Pretty damn warm playing over there but good hit out for the touring squad.
Salah putting in more runs importantly getting to know his team mates.
Young Solanke showing good form early and put a good shot away well done.
Hendo getting some running into his legs.
Dominated most of the game and Mignolet put in some good saves as well.
2 2nd half goals, Divock the latter.
Next up the Foxs in the final Saturday.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Done the Fox's Saturday in HK finale 2-1.
Whoppe tbh just can't wait for the real games to start up.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

wow, I know its pre season and all but to put away Bayern away 3zip was pretty darn good !
Not weak squads for either - Bayern having more possession but its our counters teams are going to look out from.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well, glad the warm ups are done.
Overall good klms on the legs and I expect we hit the ground running vsing Watford on the 12th.
Salah sure has slide in pretty well.
Sturridge - after quotes of being in the best shape ever already a doubt with a thigh injury of sorts. If there's ever a player you'd like to see on the pitch week in week out sure isn't him lol.....
At least Salah brings along another x factor/speed/talent wide or centre with Sane other flank - Firmino up front backed by Origi/Solanke/Ings and the little maestro Coutinho behind.
Lallana out for a couple months damn.
Overall we have enough options across the park.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well, not the start you wished for :(

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well first leg CL play off vsing Hoffenheim goes 2-1 our way thankfully.
A good reverse to our watford result But our defense once again puts us under the pump.
Lovren was ordinary to say the least - don't know why he is do inconsistent and giving away a pen on the 10min mark, thankfully Mignolet saved it !
After a good run by Sane then brought down young Alexander Arnold stepped up for the kick putting it away from 25yards out ! 1up HT.
Intensive start for the 2nd and they scored thankfully offside.
Hendo comes off with a suspect injury Milner on.
Taking ball down the left flank Milner floats in a nice looking cross that deflected from one of their players into the far side netting 2-1 up.
Some good positives from the game, Trent a brilliant up and comer, Solanke made his debut late in the game.
Attack as usual we are a threat but our defense as has been for years is just not good enough !
Why Klopp has not bolstered this to date is mind boggling.
He got into praising Moreno through the summer trial games, this game when needed he was just all over the shop but where he needs to be !
Need Gomez to step up in this case.
Lovren, needs to get on a psychiatrists couch, wtf is he thinking sometimes.
Overall 2 away goals but they got 1, return leg at home next week surely has to go our way.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

:cool:
Well we made it ! been a long season getting to CL.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Talk about a great follow up performance after the Hoff CL game.
Feck we were pumped from the koff, great physicality we beasted them !
No little master Coutinho as well a real positive this is.
I only wish we would do the same to the mid/low table clubs this season, then we have stepped up but we shall see.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Things are hotting up in the transfer market before closing.
Keita coming 2018.
Really like to see Van Dijk more than anything else at present, we shall see.
Lemar, I doubt it but what if so :)

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Things are hotting up.
I'm seeing a 160m bid incl add ons from Barca for the Coutinho.
If were up to this lets go take it !
As much as I dislike to lose him were never going to get that type of figure again and we can keep building up even better the way Klopp is handling things at this stage.
Were not going backwards but forwards.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

WTF have we turned to buy OX ?!
Can, Wijnaldum, Henderson, and Milner are all better in the deeper-lying midfield positions for starters.
Then, IF we go to a wing back formation you have to assume Clyne gets the start and Ox would be a reserve there too.  So where does he play and when?
Were still chasing Lemar I see BUT I want VanDijk more than ever than Lemar and Oxlade.

Overall great were on the hunt, we need recruits being in CL in the first place.

****edit, Sport Review word is Coutinho going for $148m lbs......but please NO Ox fellas, not worth it !

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Tell you one thing for all.
Transfer window needs to be shut before koff 1st game of the season !
So so stupid having a window open 3games into the season any season.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Divock enjoy Wolfsburg on loan, good experience.
Ox done deal, #21.
Lemar ?
VanDijk ?

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Young portugese Gomes to League2 Forest Green season long loan.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well, the final player status at present.....it was a let down come the end but lets settle and get on with it for now.
Sakho for 26m is a bomb love it.
Confirmed Liverpool FC Transfers, Season 2017/18

Players IN:

Mohamed Salah – Roma – £36.9m
Dominic SolankeChelsea – Tribunal fee TBD
Andrew RobertsonHull City – £8m
Alex Oxlade-ChamberlainArsenal – £35m

Spent: £79.9m + Tribunal TBD

Naby Keita – RB Leipzig – £55m * Next summer

Players OUT:

Andre Wisdom – Derby County – £2m
Ryan Fulton – Hamilton Academical – Undisclosed
Lucas Leiva – Lazio – £5m
Kevin StewartHull City – £4m
Mamadou Sakho – Crystal Palace – £26m
Sam Hart – Blackburn Rovers – Undisclosed

Received: £37m

LOANED:

All season loans unless stated otherwise

Ryan Kent – Freiburg
Jordan Williams – Rochdale (6 months)
Toni Gomes – Forest Green Rovers
Allan Rodrigues – Apollon Limassol
Divock Origi – Wolfsburg
Pedro Chirivella – Willem II
Shamal George – Carlisle United (6 months)
Connor Randall – Hearts
Taiwo Awoniyi – Mouscron
Sheyi Ojo – Fulham

RELEASED:

Adam Phillips (Norwich City)
Tom Brewitt (Middlesbrough)
Madger Gomes (Leeds United)
Kane Lewis
Jake Brimmer
Jack Dunn (Tranmere Rovers)
Alex Manninger (Retired)

Ironic that Coutinho set up a rippa goal for himself playing for Brazil lol, you know bad back and all.

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Cannot wait to see the rumour mill go into overdrive tonight for Coutinho. Would not be surprised to see 100 different stories about him going to Barca by tomorrow morning.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Disappointing window tbh. Needed a CB signing and seemed to have put all our eggs in the Van Dijk basket. 

Robertson at least gives another LB option and Salahs looking the goods already. Ox will provide some extra depth in midfield which will help with a long set of fixtures. Id say a 6.5/10 window if Coutinho stays, a 3/10 if Coutinho leaves. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

lol ofcourse sydcro.
Spanish window still has another 5-6hrs left in it.
For sure another offer comes. Wish we would take it so its over.
Yer Redkat, it is what it is.
Better than nothing I suppose.
Keen to see how Robertson does go, good price.
We need VanDijk more than any other signing but not to be this time......don't know why there wasn't a plan b but Klopp is quite particular in getting the one he wants and plan b isn't his way.
Ox was a surprise and to date I haven't got that many raps on him, looks over weight as well but reading Klopp has admired him since they played against Dortmund some years ago in the CL and he's had his eye on him since so here we are.
I expect Klopp will get him in ship shape, happy and I expect good things, as mentioned we have a few more fixtures :).
So only let down is NO new quality CB. Maybe Jan, hopefully not too late by that stage.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

An interesting article
https://www.rousingthekop.com/2017/09/01/former-liverpool-technical-manager-made-it-his-mission-to-sign-coutinho-for-barcelon

Love Football

AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Does Sane have a buyout figure in contract?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

aek, tbh I don't know.

Huge 1st game tonight !
Line up am so curious.
Come on fellas like to see Pep's expression if we click but importantly our backs hold their own as well, big test.

Love Football

Funarch
Funarch
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)Hardcore Fan (192 reputation)

I just lost all respect for Jürgen Klopp. His player Mane nearly kills Edison with a kick into the side of his head and neither Mane nor Klopp give a fuck about Edison. Edison might have brain damage for life, may hast lost many teeth. Instead Klopp goes on rampage at the sidelines for the very deserved red card. Klopp you're a disgrace. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search