Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Good to get another comfortable 3 points at what often poses as a difficult away fixture for teams. Some luck went their way with Mignolet staying on, but I'm thankful to see them get the W on an evening where the other top 4 contenders also got maximum points.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

and another good 3points banked and us with no backline.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I could get used to this putting big scores on teams we should be putting big scores on thing...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 4 Dec 2017 11:03 PM
I could get used to this putting big scores on teams we should be putting big scores on thing...

Just got to sure up that defence.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Been a long time coming shoring up that defense as we all know !

Be nice to get that point tomorrow vsing Spartak @ home.

Hectic run to end of Dec as all do.
Toffes/home - win
Brom/home - win
Bournemouth/away - win
Arse/away - win :)
Swans/home - win
Foxs/home - win

Putting my neck out lol......

Friggin toffees twice in short time @ home.
11/12 in the league
6/1/18 3rd round FACup.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Captain Haddock - 4 Dec 2017 11:03 PM

:) you were saying.

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

and the scores took a tumble as expected being the derby.
I see Big Sam most upset on Kloppys comments.
Still haven't watched the game but a point not good enough - especially when chelski dropped theirs and we could have leveled but likely above F/A !
Opportunity missed and move up from gooners as well.
Brom has to be back to scoring.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

LFC. - 5 Dec 2017 11:53 AM
Been a long time coming shoring up that defense as we all know !

Be nice to get that point tomorrow vsing Spartak @ home.

Hectic run to end of Dec as all do.
Toffes/home - win
Brom/home - win
Bournemouth/away - win
Arse/away - win :)
Swans/home - win
Foxs/home - win

Putting my neck out lol......

Friggin toffees twice in short time @ home.
11/12 in the league
6/1/18 3rd round FACup.

Well my tips above haven't been too bad, 2 draws and a win so far.
Gooners next this will be an interesting clash.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Now 3 draws damn it !
Gooners were on toast, we should have been more clinical but not to be.
Once again the backline gremlins appeared.
I guess where we are is expected and that any place but for the top is gettable.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 26 Dec 2017 9:25 PM
Now 3 draws damn it !
Gooners were on toast, we should have been more clinical but not to be.
Once again the backline gremlins appeared.
I guess where we are is expected and that any place but for the top is gettable.

Liverpool won't go anywhere until they spend a bit of money on the goalkeeper and defence. Klopp has got them playing entertaining football but at the end of the day, he doesn't have the players to keep other teams out. Does the club have 40 million Euros to spend on a GK (price of Ederson) and another 40 on a CB?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

No argument from me tFl....I've harped on this for years and years.
We haven't had a top class keeper since Pepe.
Having a decent CB pairing has been missing since Hypia/Carra.
This is a long time.
FSG have the coin imo https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-tactics-longform/2016/3/23/112

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 28 Dec 2017 9:45 AM
No argument from me tFl....I've harped on this for years and years.
We haven't had a top class keeper since Pepe.
Having a decent CB pairing has been missing since Hypia/Carra.
This is a long time.
FSG have the coin imo https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-tactics-longform/2016/3/23/112

Liverpool have to look at leagues like Portugal for cheaper options. Look at City this morning: 3 former Porto defenders finished the game and Ederson was at Benfica. However, being City, they have always been forced to overpay. Players earn peanuts in Portugal so if they have the opportunity to go to the EPL, they'll go because the league is better and so is the money. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

As much as it pains me to agree re portugese players for eg yes why not ( I say pains me for you may recall posts long ago I quoted my wife is a patriotic Madeirian - puke CR and all that lol)
You don't need to get a known player to gain a positive prospect unlike we going hard for VanDijk, I'm even concerned he could be a flop as can happen.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 28 Dec 2017 12:11 PM
As much as it pains me to agree re portugese players for eg yes why not ( I say pains me for you may recall posts long ago I quoted my wife is a patriotic Madeirian - puke CR and all that lol)
You don't need to get a known player to gain a positive prospect unlike we going hard for VanDijk, I'm even concerned he could be a flop as can happen.

I hope Van Dijk does the job for Liverpool. After that they can focus on the GK and strengthening the bench in order to challenge City. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I really hope so as well.
Kloppy reckons he has hidden jems in his belly, I look forward seeing them once he has settled in.
One thing is for sure paired up with Matip this is a huge improvement.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

So VvD watching from the stands, I wondered what he would have thought of Matips pass from our box in space for Cann who wasn't really ready only for the Fox's to capitilise for Vardy to score so early.
Once we settled after our reaction was good possesion that we could have scored 3 at least our pressing was so good towards their end of goal. Salah missed a good chance near in front but to push it outside of the post.
I was actually glad to see Karius given the nod to start up.
Importantly coming from behind and Salah grabs 2 important goals for 2-1 win.
united drew merry christmas/HNY and its all to play for from 7th spot for best of the rest which will be heavily contested till the end.

Love Football

Edited
7 Years Ago by LFC.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Didn't worry too much when Vardy scored early. I expected they'd get an early goal and LFC would counter. I'm impressed with how the side responded from the early deficit almost instantly. They were unfortunate not to finish with 4 or 5 goals based on their attack and the scoring opportunities created. It's true that Mo saved LFC's arse, but that's the hallmark of a top team- they have players (like Mo) who can carry the side on his shoulders when it matters and create the chances/ bang the goals in that deliver the 3 points. Full credit to Leicester- at least they come playing to create opportunities and hoping to win on their terms. I've got more respect for a side like that than teams like WBA or Mourinho teams who look to grind out a draw away from home. I'd sooner watch Leicester any day because you know that at least they'll have a go and make it an entertaining game. 

Things are looking positive for LFC overall right now.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Yes, I wasn't worried over their early goal just that how it happened.
Our achilles heal for too long and its taken till now to get one player so far that should give us more confidence at CB.
If VvD inspires Matip more so then we could have a sound pairing finally that won't ship soft goals in the future.
There is always a player who saves a team in the end or more so regular scorer - thankfully we just don't rely on Mo only to score now just that he's on fire and his pace gets him to the ball before the opponent.
Firmino Sane Coutinho and we haven't even had Lallana much who can throw in a classic here and there.
Agree regards Leicesters approach to the game, listening to Puel's pre match interview you could tell he wasn't there to sit back.
Credit to them and good to watch.
Overall yes the pieces to Klopp's puzzle is slowly getting into place and overall its looking promising.
Good to see gooners drew.
Burnley going to be another huge test away tomorrow can't wait to see how we handle this one.
Their defense is looking solid, the cornerstone of their game, lets see how they handle our pace/width and skill on the counter for imo they will sit back for their GF is woeful.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Just wow, haven't watched the game as yet.
Klaven makes good in ET what a way to win and get those important 3points away.
2yrs ago we would have blown it for sure - this is a huge change.
2nd game in 48hrs, 7 line up changes as Kloppy keeps on the rotation agenda which is good imo.
No Mo, No Coutinho. This would have presented a huge challenge for us at Turf Moor.
Lallana's first start up game which is good for the rest of Jan.
We have VvD to get amongst it soon - so promising but along way yet with 16games yet to play.
A chelski/gooner draw later this week would be good.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 2 Jan 2018 9:55 AM
Just wow, haven't watched the game as yet.
Klaven makes good in ET what a way to win and get those important 3points away.
2yrs ago we would have blown it for sure - this is a huge change.
2nd game in 48hrs, 7 line up changes as Kloppy keeps on the rotation agenda which is good imo.
No Mo, No Coutinho. This would have presented a huge challenge for us at Turf Moor.
Lallana's first start up game which is good for the rest of Jan.
We have VvD to get amongst it soon - so promising but along way yet with 16games yet to play.
A chelski/gooner draw later this week would be good.

I would suggest not watching it (or at least the first half). There were too many changes which made Liverpool and the game very disjointed. It was interesting to see the difference it makes when some of the key players are out. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

cheers, read the 1st half was pretty ordinary incl the pitch.
I'll only watch it whilst channel surfing Fox on LFC in that case.
I watched the previous 2am game but glad I didn't bother last in that case for I am back at work from today.
You a supporter tFl ?

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 2 Jan 2018 2:34 PM
cheers, read the 1st half was pretty ordinary incl the pitch.
I'll only watch it whilst channel surfing Fox on LFC in that case.
I watched the previous 2am game but glad I didn't bother last in that case for I am back at work from today.
You a supporter tFl ?

I don't support any EPL teams but I enjoy watching Liverpool. I usually watch the Liverpool games live or on replay. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well what a huge high watching our derby FACup game the other morning.
Virgil's debut, have to say no matter the cost it sure was worth what he can bring in set plays But we still leaked a goal, mind you have to say was a good counter not many could have stopped it.
At least we have another scoring option for corners !

Yes old news we took the money and had to let the player go for why keep them when they wish to depart.
Not sure how I feel about this tbh with all the talk positive negative.
All I'll say thanks for the memories Phillipe, you sure made a mark in our Red shirt that is for sure.
Will be strange not seeing you in our line up and more so in a Barca kit but all the best I guess.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

No VVD, post the little master @ home we keep our good record vsing city.
Impressed by Ox going forward and having a go, nice strike across Moraes and what a start.
As much as Sane's strike was a beauty Karius should have covered it imo.
Just wow our 2nd half 9min blitz, what well taken counters and finishs lol overall with just 35% possession.
To let them have a sniff late is the issue at hand but overall what an impressive result from our boys.
Huge 3points.

Love Football

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Would just like to say thank you.
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

What a night :D
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

LFC. - 15 Jan 2018 9:40 AM
No VVD, post the little master @ home we keep our good record vsing city.
Impressed by Ox going forward and having a go, nice strike across Moraes and what a start.
As much as Sane's strike was a beauty Karius should have covered it imo.
Just wow our 2nd half 9min blitz, what well taken counters and finishs lol overall with just 35% possession.
To let them have a sniff late is the issue at hand but overall what an impressive result from our boys.
Huge 3points.

If Liverpool are serious about winning the league in the next few years, they need to recruit a few more defenders and a proper GK. It was a great performance tonight but winning one game won't win you the league. 

I listen to a Liverpool podcast called LFC Podcasting Couch and I asked the people on the pod via Twitter what Liverpool need to do to win the league next year instead of just challenging for the top 4, and they basically said nothing which I find delusional. I'm well aware of Liverpool's run BUT they are still 15 points behind City. That's 5 wins! The amount of goals that Liverpool has to be a major concern if the club is serious about winning the league. If they are happy to just finish in the top 4, then they are doing well.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

sydcro no worries.
I'm glad yours and our result spread us further apart for me, are you just glad we slowed for a mo the leaders ?

tFl, I'm with you IF were looking to be a serious force overall not just making the 4.
Making the 4 is good but you have to look higher than that for the gooners are the perfect example (all due respect) on just making up the numbers qualifying for CL year in year out (which is also great financial gain).
In todays market your only going to be a force if you keep buying better players in every position for its become so critical spot by spot due to tactics/the knowledge now seeing holes in opponents you really have to have top players all over the park/bench and more.
We know look at Real/Barca/Bayern/Juve/PSG yet to prove it but look at those players/dollars in these clubs to win the prize's not just their Leagues, City are yet to prove it but their path now with Pep is looking likely, or lets say now they are in the ball game in the big picture, CL will be interesting coming up.
Its dog eat dog and the money talks unfortunately in todays world.
Fergi's top reign was buying top shelf players - not just relying on the good quality locals of the time but he had a cheque book that no others could really compete with - this is amusing now considering who is running them now and the money that has been spent, shows management is an important piece to the puzzle mind you.
Don't forget Keita steps in next season and I agree we need 2-3 more sound defenders And if Karius doesn't step up but end of season we need to buy a top shelf Keeper for next season for sure.
Mignolet will not get any better and he's been given enough chances over the recent years, 29 isn't old re goal keepers but right now he should be at top form/level with more to come ala DeGea for eg. 
I don't run FSG nor Henry but when he quoted long ago you can't compete against the petro dollars says where we are to date.
Also the few top players sold off recent years when quoting not going to happen and recruiting not like for like is the wrong msg to supporters and competitors.
Currently were on a UP once again (whilst a couple of usual suspects are vulnerable) and with VVD/Keita coming surely to invest now with whats available for next season timing is ripe !

Love Football

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

LFC. - 15 Jan 2018 2:18 PM
sydcro no worries.
I'm glad yours and our result spread us further apart for me, are you just glad we slowed for a mo the leaders ?

Could not care less about what the result does to the league table. All I care about is City won't go undefeated, that invincibles season is just about all us Arsenal fans have left lol.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I had a feeling we'd derail City this morning. Great to (again) show what the team is capable of against top-shelf opposition, but those goals shipped in the last 10 minutes leaves me with a bittersweet feeling about it. Very lucky in the end that City didn't snatch a draw, a few centimetres to the left from De Bruyner and the mood would be totally different right now. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search