Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Liverpool Football Club - Welcome, Jürgen!

Author
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Disappointed Mo didn't get awarded that penalty at the death this morning. As somebody else said, had that been Harry Kane I'm sure it would've been awarded. Apart from that, pleased with another solid performance at home against a lower ranked team.

Bring on Porto, then the hit and run mission down the M62!

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Having seen the reply a few more times it would have been a pretty soft pen but yer if it was kane it would have been given.
Our record vsing the toons is great, 3points in the bag.
Chelski's draw provides some breathing space for now.
Palace could do us a favour at Selhurst otherwise we sort them out next week.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

The Porto game was a given @ home.
All or nothing for them we stood firm as expected.
Robertson VVD AA rested Salah on late in the 2nd.
Good to see Gomez Lallana having a run incl Ings, Moreno at LB I'd say was told to hold back no need to make those bombing runs down the flank.
Watched the 1st half, they had a couple of chances but so did we.
Impressed with Milly, keeps on keeping on so damn reliable.
Can solid as.
Can't recall the last time we didn't score but a clean sheet.
Bring on the Qrtr draw !.

3days rest before one the leagues biggest fixtures and this one surely is huge considering the table standing.
I expect us to go all out and test their backline and the DeGea factor as usual will be our stumbling block.
The bus will be at the OT station no doubt about it.
VVD needs to make sure Matip or Lovren who ever starts do their job spot on for they will rely on counters more than anything else.
Looking forward to Sat night viewing !

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

1-0 LFC. Mo in the 93rd minute.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 4 Mar 2018 3:50 PM
Disappointed Mo didn't get awarded that penalty at the death this morning. As somebody else said, had that been Harry Kane I'm sure it would've been awarded. Apart from that, pleased with another solid performance at home against a lower ranked team.

Bring on Porto, then the hit and run mission down the M62!

Bitter much?

Fuck me scousers take whinging to the next level. 

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Unfortunately, this season is a battle to be second best. Unless there's a major shock to the system then it's going to be City locked in with United, Spurs and Liverpool jostling for the order of the next 3.

However based off tonights' game I can see LFC still finishing above United, despite the 5 point difference. They regathered well in the second half after TAA getting turned inside out by Rashford in the first half and the squad being neutralised in the final 3rd, and really took it to United. There were 2 (possibly 3) legitimate calls for a penalty not given in that second half that would've turned the game completely had they been awarded. LFC showed a real determination and character to get on top of United (who barely had a shot on goal in the second half) and more often than not would have come away with a result. This is promising to see against a highly-ranked team away from home.

Spurs are a bigger threat to 2nd place than United for mine- who are too inconsistent. They use the same tactics in a lot of other matches and they drop points, which will cost them in the final run-in. Spurs and LFC are teams who put the foot down and have a ruthlessness in attack that I didn't see in United this morning. They hung on and relied on luck (somewhat) to get a result. But it won't turn out that way for them week after week...

Edited
6 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Go figure, United had just those 2 shots (Rashfords) on goal whole game. 100% mind you the 2nd got a deflection.
1st was a peach strike but tbh AA left him too much room by the turn.
Being they went long that 1st half AA was the one who got caught out most times (mourinho's plan in hindsight), I'm afraid the young fella showed his inexperience in this game followed by his runs down the flank and Young blocking most of his attempted cross's.
Moments is just as Klopps says, VVD's untimed header in that corner hitting his shoulder first then head was a clear chance at the near post between DeGea and post if struck clean that would have been in. He knew it.
Even though Mo was marked out and they being so deep I feel he could have injected himself more into the game, he didn't cope with the aggression mentally imo for Firmino and Sane were getting amongst it when they got the ball.
Obviously it was let them come to us 2nd half - we kept trying the same game - close 1-2 passing through the middle we should have played faster ball from middle pitch and getting a ball available behind their line for we hardly used the pace of Sane/Mo running onto through balls, infact none.
Yes we should have got 1 decision going our way in the box, even the commentary quoted as such having the luxury of replays but but the shirt pulling on Mo if I recall right was pretty obvious.
Agree we still have a chance finishing 2nd as long as we keep winning thats all we can do.
Atmosphere was great to the very end.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Bring on the CL draw as Mo says :)

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

LFC. - 14 Mar 2018 12:33 PM
Bring on the CL draw as Mo says :)

old news, the new champions of manchester is our next CL chapter.
Were ready is all I can say at this stage but if only we had Clyne at RB fit a ready to go.

As for the league, well we did our bit got the 3points despite the good record normally a nail biter but wow.
Great team effort - obviously its all Mo but how was Firmino's flick for his :)
What a debut season this guy is having.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

If LFC had been Spurs or Man United, I'd be cursing their luck. People banking on LFC to get beaten could rightfully be filthy at Mane's brain-farts not getting him a send-off and Benteke f**king up not one but two great scoring opportunities in a minute (was great to be reminded why we got rid of him, however!)

Deserved a draw in that one, defending was scrappy and TAA needs to be given less game time at the very least. He's been turned inside out on too many occasions recently and loses the ball at important moments (again tonight- the final 10 minutes it happened at least twice). I'm prepared to give him time as he's only a young player, but at this point I don't feel safe when I see him marking an opponent making a break down-field.

But the mark of a top team is the ability to get a win even when you deserve a draw, thanks to players like Salah. It was the kind of result I used to get frustrated seeing teams like Man United get under Fergie, and it appears that finally LFC are getting the "Win against lowly-placed teams" thing right. 3 of the 4 defeats this season have been against top 4 sides- all away from home. 

A very handy result considering Spurs and Chelsea are going to take points off one another no matter the result this weekend. That's the biggest sign of improvement from 12 months ago when it took up to the final day to lock in the CL spot. I'd say this far out we're safe. It'll be City, United, LFC and Spurs- and I don't see why second is out of reach.

Onto the CL...

Edited
6 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes pretty much on it Captain.
A win that way was a united trait for years and years and I'm happy we doing similar.
The Benteke bombs were great reminders alright - would have hated it if he got 1 of them let alone their earlier counter chances.
I suppose the break had us playing not as ourselves - we were not as fluent and I think CL was on their minds.
TAA has costed us lately - the united game was more obvious but there have been others that he's not in good position or he's turned around easier than expected.
I hope Clyne is given the chance despite lack of match fitness.
Sane was veryvery lucky and I applaud the ref's decision :)
By the way, a real shame Lallana injured - I think he's gone ? and shame for his WC.
He's having a season he'd rather forget.
The chelski loss pretty much has us in the 4 now - the wheels would have to fall off completely that is not likely now and ironically they are our 2nd last league game of season and only big club to face last 6games.
Salah could break Rushies 40goal 86/87 season !
Bring on Thursday morns CL @ home.
Hopefully we come out on all cylinders and more to get the result we need.
The money ball decision, Lovren Matip ? and I'd gamble on Clyne looking over DeJesus.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Matip question answered - thigh injury from Palace game, going for surgery out rest of season.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

3nil !
A game of 2halves as expected after going 3up by HT.
1st half was beautiful.
We hung in well 2nd half without possession, our defense done a great job And incl TAA, the young kid stepped up today against Sane.
Karius tbh hardly needed to do much said it all, a complete job done the lads, Brilliant.
All to do for city 2nd leg we have to finish it off.
Hopefully Salah coming off was just precautionary.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Wonder how long Salah will be out for? For all the shit LFC fans gave us for Kane getting injured they'll surely be hiding now haha.

Amazing first half performance though, totally dominated City. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

You probably visit too many websites and notice all the diarrhea for in my small realm I hadn't noticed that re Kane.
Banter got to take it both ways, give and be front and centre, when against you normally hide :)
Anyway both strong front players but they can only deliver whats provided by the workers behind, mind you Salah has more skill on the ball whereas Kane is the typical ol school type of killa striker. 
Nothing is going to be let out re Salah as expected but word is gonna be rested for the derby in hope he's good for next week.
We shall see.

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

LFC. - 6 Apr 2018 8:49 AM
You probably visit too many websites and notice all the diarrhea for in my small realm I hadn't noticed that re Kane.
Banter got to take it both ways, give and be front and centre, when against you normally hide :)
Anyway both strong front players but they can only deliver whats provided by the workers behind, mind you Salah has more skill on the ball whereas Kane is the typical ol school type of killa striker. 
Nothing is going to be let out re Salah as expected but word is gonna be rested for the derby in hope he's good for next week.
We shall see.

It's mainly ESPNFC's FB comments and sportsbible. LFC fans are amongst the worst. The carry on after we got a draw at Anfield was pathetic. Then on the weekend with Mane diving like the piece of shit he is, all the LFC fans came to his defence and tried to deflect onto Dele Alli. Embarrassing. 

Kane and Salah are different types of strikers but both crucial to their respective teams. I hope Kane can even up the Golden Boot race with Slaah out. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

mate you can group countless club supporters in the one hole, typical idiots imo hence why I keep away from reading the BS.
When you defend a obvious wrong you've gone too far, can understand giving the piss for lol's sake but some people are too obsessed for their own good.

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

LFC. - 6 Apr 2018 9:46 AM
mate you can group countless club supporters in the one hole, typical idiots imo hence why I keep away from reading the BS.
When you defend a obvious wrong you've gone too far, can understand giving the piss for lol's sake but some people are too obsessed for their own good.

Haha true it just seems to be that on social media a large number of them support Liverpool.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

There's always bad apples unfortunately, were a small poor club I'm surprised how many waste their time on social media ;)
The wide world web gives DH's a soap box no matter the club but I expect more so when your team is doing rather well - like where are all those mancs from the successful years gone lol......

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

pretty dire derby as expected under the circumstances.
I read it was noted how bad the toffees are considering we put out a 2nd team not being able to knock us off.
A point was better than none.

2nd CL leg coming up, BIG Big game, they are going to throw everything at us.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

and didn't they throw it at us 1st half !
Yes we were lucky but every team needs their luck.
Great job by all our boys !
What a hoot CL semi's here we are.
We keep breaking records and some English milestones.
Most goals by an english team in a single CL campaign with 33 while Salah and Firmino both scored their 8th goals in CL for a new club record.

What a win for Roma as well by the way - cupsets today.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Agreed, great to see Roma break up the Spanish duopoly. Now if only Juve can do the same to Real...

I agreed with Pep's post-match: there were some fortunate calls for LFC across both ties but even factoring those out (and counting City's goal late in the 1st half this morning) LFC were the better side over the two legs and deserved winners.

Hopefully City do us a favour and return to their winning ways over Spurs this weekend!

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

I wouldn't say just yet that Roma broke up anything. Barca have been knocked out at the QF stage the last 3 years so this isn't exactly new, and Real are still the overwhelming favourites, probably even more so now.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

As I said, fortunate calls occur every game.
Pep needs to accept no matter the fortunate calls the possession they had 1st leg 2nd half and 1st half 2nd leg they couldn't score not just due to fortunate calls but defense/resilience that did enough making it hard to break through with all their firepower available.
The difference was we scored our chances when they were there to take and overall the better side full stop as the Capt quotes.

sydcro, put it this way, Barca had one foot in the door and the spanish duopoly was looking likely to all of us incl you at koff.
Sure it isn't new but still a surprise right.
The odds were huge for Roma - Superbook had them @ +360 to beat Barca or  for eg.
Yes its not new but.....Barca has had 1defeat in their past 48games, unbeaten in Liga and CL till this.

Anyway no matter, Capt, City have to get back on the horse this weekend especially at home - to suffer defeats 3in a row at home in a Championship year would be a classic record never to be forgotten :)

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Hows the stats from the City win.
Shots
City 20 - 3 on target
Pool 5 - 3 on target
Possession 61% to 31%
Offsides 8 city us nil
Corners 9-2.
Forgetting the official moments of error some good points the impact VVD has made on our back 4 once settled in and it sure is evident to date.
Lovren is a different player again.
The improvements of young TAA Robertson has been great to see.
Karius is looking more likely now.
Our GF GA in CL has been brilliant.

Wow Juve nearly came back from the dead like Roma.
Now its one club from the 4 main competitions for a change.

Love Football

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

LFC. - 11 Apr 2018 8:56 AM
and didn't they throw it at us 1st half !
Yes we were lucky but every team needs their luck.
Great job by all our boys !
What a hoot CL semi's here we are.
We keep breaking records and some English milestones.
Most goals by an english team in a single CL campaign with 33 while Salah and Firmino both scored their 8th goals in CL for a new club record.

What a win for Roma as well by the way - cupsets today.

Lucky, very much so. Mane deserved to be sent off inside 20minutes. Absolute dog of a player and always has been. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

As I said "lucky".
That spanish ref Lahoz must have had a axe to grind with Pep :) blame Pep mate lol........
Everyone gonna complain from the losing end thats football AND every top and even ordinary team has a dog some even 2 :)

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Well, its great when things go your clubs way doesn't it.
The amount of great articles of our climb back in the spotlight is so great to see and read after being yesterdays hero, nearly there at times but no we weren't good enough once again.
Even though BR was heading us on a better course I don't think he had FSG's confidence as much as they did with Klopp due to past credentials and the "fit" hence giving Klopp more what he needs.
Its been 2yrs in the making and he quoted this as such, could be 6mths could be 1 yr could be 2, well were on the cusp of making the top 4 instead of europa as last season - were in the last 4 of CL and we have a team now believing in itself so much more your starting to believe more and more.
Those games in the league where we've normally struggled and lost points were finally converting more this season.
We would have struggled this weekends league game - especially after having played one of the form clubs in the world (and league champions elect) not just once but twice the last 2wks !
We have a front line that has scored more goals in the CL, we have 2 forwards near the top of CL goals.
We have a forward on a record breaking run blowing my past Legend Rushie in the league and club records ( and I thought Luis was shit hot, still do), if he doesn't get golden boot this season I'll be blown - (giggles look how desperate Kane has been to keep him close lol) I hear the boys were nominating the 3 goals today to Mo hehe......many are giving Kane the piss.
Look at Milner @ 32, LB last season done well, this season he's been a beast in the mids.
The Ox has settled and belonging, Klopp does wonders with players, you could see what he could do @ Arsenal but I didn't rate him the last years, who wouldn't want to put their body on the line for this guy as you can tell by Ox.
TAA Robertson are blossoming.
Lovren is more consistent.
VVD quoted training against Mo is a huge key helping the backs improve incl himself.
The boys are a Klopp unit.
This CL semi will be amazing and who would have picked vsing the club Mo re kindled his career and Klopp lured him over.
I'm confident we can do them but it ain't over till the fat lady sings as they say but what a couple weeks its been for LFC and supporters.

Love Football

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

Glad to see Klopp irate at the end of that one. Roma will be confident on the back of their turnaround against Barca, except that in order to progress they now have to do what other teams have done against LFC and come unstuck with- play attacking football. This should leave more gaps for the Big 3 to pick apart.

Roma weren't complete rubbish this morning and it's easy to forget that Karius made that brilliant deflected save off the cross bar in the first half. For the first 20 minutes they had LFC's measure but in the end it's the overall class of this unit that got the better of them. I know Roma haven't conceded at home in this CL campaign so far, but (with all due respect) they face an entirely different proposition next week. Letting in 2 cheap goals and being aware of how Barca undid a 3-goal lead will only have Klopp and the team even more committed to finishing the job and snuffing out Roma's hopes in the second leg.

On another note, what is with the scheduling? Bayern and Real Madrid play both their fixtures before the next Roma v LFC match...giving them a shorter turnaround and meaning that in Rome next week, we'll already know for certain who the other CL finalist is *cough penalty Real Madrid* 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer, Roma started off really well and finished well.
The first half I can understand, they had to go for it and their movement and passing was 1st class but once we got our mojo on how wonderful to see being a CL Semi.
Salah once again showed the composure of a player in such form.
What a unit.
Big shame for Ox, you could see he was going to have a huge one I reckon, hope for him not out rest of season.
Hendo had the game of his life imo.
Well they all did, Firmino is so talented and his work rate is superb.
Pity Mane didn't convert earlier chances.
5zip and you could see more was unbelievable.
We just didn't finish it off well - Lovrens misjudgement on that cross so as Jenco could finish was his first error in quite sometime.
Milli's pen well what can you say.
Roma can play no doubt it (huge pressure on them next leg) but we will come out just as we did vsing City for our game is power house.

Love Football

Edited
6 Years Ago by LFC.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search