Boycott Qatar 2022

Boycott Qatar 2022

Author
kickittome
Fan
Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)Fan (77 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
There are boycott Qatar pages springing up already

take your pick

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Qatar-2022-World-Cup/136230856430793

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Qatar-2022/149499975098447

GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

HAHA ROFL

Ah glorious losers!

So much dignity hehe.

I say, let's just be patient and watch it all unfold over the next 12 years and then the couple years post Qatar's World Cup.

It will be quite interesting, whether for good reasons, bad, both, who knows? That's the thing - WHO KNOWS?!

And I mean, some Euro Snobs were panicking over South Africa - I can't imagine over Qatar. Heck I didn't panic over South Africa, but part of me panics a little over Qatar, haha!

But I'll just admit it now, part of me is just another unenlightened bogan. ;) :p

Edited by gloryPerth: 3/12/2010 04:07:13 AM
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Please let the petrochemical dollar die over the next decade, and Qatar not able to finish their stadiums, even with all their slave labour.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)Hardcore Fan (201 reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Please let the petrochemical dollar die over the next decade, and Qatar not able to finish their stadiums, even with all their slave labour.

wow
your dangerous when you use google:oops: :lol:
f1dave
f1dave
World Class
World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Childish. We lost. End of story. Move on.

Does anyone actually remember that we hired Peter Hargitay to work on our bid? Google him and you'll realise just how ironic it is that we are complaining about other bids and FIFA being corrupt.
ual
ual
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

I somehow don't think anyone will go anyway.
girtXc
girtXc
World Class
World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)

The most retrograde decision FIFA will ever make
ohnonotreinaldo
ohnonotreinaldo
Hacker
Hacker (475 reputation)Hacker (475 reputation)Hacker (475 reputation)Hacker (475 reputation)Hacker (475 reputation)Hacker (475 reputation)Hacker (475 reputation)Hacker (475 reputation)Hacker (475 reputation)Hacker (475 reputation)Hacker (475 reputation)

Absolutely disgusting decision, how on earth can Qatar secure 14 votes? A high risk according to the inspection report!!!

Al Jazeera reporting the results beforehand - on reflection they got every aspect right. How did they find out? With links to Qatar, its no surprise. FIFA house is nothing short of a corrupt twatshack and I will never watch any SCUM World Cup ever again.

Jeez, it says a lot that while the Al Jazeera claims were flying around, when Blatter revealed the not-so-secret envelope, I was just hoping for anything BUT Qatar.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Bitter taste in the mouth, but it's time to move on.

Qatar will host a superb world cup.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Benjamin wrote:
Childish. We lost. End of story. Move on.

Does anyone actually remember that we hired Peter Hargitay to work on our bid? Google him and you'll realise just how ironic it is that we are complaining about other bids and FIFA being corrupt.

as much as we want to move on and be diplomatic about this, does no alarm bells ring in your head?

i like you and think your posts are always top notch, but i feel in this instance, we cant lets football just carry on like this.

enough corrupt things have happened in world football and its been let slide, but this is just degrading to all fans.

how can a country rated as high risk be awarded the event. clearly FIFA has not looked out for the best interest of the fans here and the winner of the 2022 world cup is not what it should be
Proud2BeCanberran
Proud2BeCanberran
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

I have plans to go to 2014 in Brazil, and 2018 in Russia.. had the US, Japan, South Korea or Australia gotten 2022, would've tried to go to that. Knowing that Qatar have got it, certainly have no ambition to go. It isn't a very desirable place to go, considering the weather, compactness, blandness of the country. Going to World Cups are not just about the football, it is seeing other cultures, seeing what the place has to offer.. Qatar doesn't fit that.

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

All good. Come 2022 Opening Match, Qatar will get slaughtered 10-0 and be humiliated every game and not make it past the group stages.

It will be enjoyable to watch the carnage.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

People that dismiss culture of nations on the Arabian Peninsular are ignorant to the nth degree.

I have visited both Qatar and Bahrain, and they are beautiful nations filled with beautiful people and cultures.

I've had a beer in Qatar, walked around in a singlet and thongs in Bahrain, had a long conversation with an Arabic woman in a bar in Doha (funnily enough, she wasn't in a burqa) and run through the streets of Manama singing songs about Australia.

I also didn't die of heat stroke.
Proud2BeCanberran
Proud2BeCanberran
Pro

notorganic wrote:
People that dismiss culture of nations on the Arabian Peninsular are ignorant to the nth degree.

I have visited both Qatar and Bahrain, and they are beautiful nations filled with beautiful people and cultures.

I've had a beer in Qatar, walked around in a singlet and thongs in Bahrain, had a long conversation with an Arabic woman in a bar in Doha (funnily enough, she wasn't in a burqa) and run through the streets of Manama singing songs about Australia.

I should've re-phrased my wording there.

I meant that seeing other cultures from other opposing nations, whose team is also competing at the World Cup. TBH, I can't see that happening- I can't see many fans being enticed to go to Qatar for a World Cup.
hutchy1974
hutchy1974
Hacker
Hacker (387 reputation)Hacker (387 reputation)Hacker (387 reputation)Hacker (387 reputation)Hacker (387 reputation)Hacker (387 reputation)Hacker (387 reputation)Hacker (387 reputation)Hacker (387 reputation)Hacker (387 reputation)Hacker (387 reputation)

Burztur wrote:
All good. Come 2022 Opening Match, Qatar will get slaughtered 10-0 and be humiliated every game and not make it past the group stages.

It will be enjoyable to watch the carnage.

Thats the part that shits me, the fact that losing Qatar out of Asian qualifying doesnt even help our chances of an easier passage, if Japan or Korea had won the bid the path to 2022 would have been pretty smooth.
CWBush
CWBush
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

I won't be boycotting. As much as I disagree with the decision and question the fairness of how it was made, and do not wish to support the corrupt officials involved - the people of the Middle East do deserve a World Cup and I'm sure they'll be so proud to put on the tournament.

We didn't get it, but there was every chance we'd lose to the US or even South Korea based on voting. We've got the 2015 Asian Nations Cup. Let's show Asia and the World that we can host a successful tournament on our soil.
The-Far-Post
The-Far-Post
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Geez It's the World Cup.... I aint boycotting a World Cup.
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

I believe the Middle East is a great place to hold a world cup, but Qatar may not have been the right choice IMO. Isn't one of the rules regarding stadia that they have to have 1 in each city? It's just a weird choice to hold one in Qatar.

I won't be going. I am thinking of going to Brazil and Russia, but Qatar just doesn't interest me. The thing is, the entire middle east will be there, because it's now their world cup. As for opening it up for the rest of the world to see their culture, i'm not too sure.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Probably won't be able to afford accommodation, etc. there anyway, aside from everything else.
f1dave
f1dave
World Class
World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)World Class (7.3K reputation)

notorganic wrote:

Can you please shut the fuck up? We're trying to have a Xenophobic convention here, and you're not helping.
RedsUnited
RedsUnited
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Hmmm...

To quote CR7:

Quote:
"Football takes me many places. Hot places. Cold places."

Villaboy
Villaboy
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Absolutely disgraceful desicion.

The air conditioned stadiums aside, are they also going to build 32 ai conditioned training complexes for the attending teams?? Where are the millions of people going to stay?? Where are people going to go during the heat of a 45-50 degree day??? Where will the millions af fans that will want a few drinks in a party type atmosphere go?? Will the women of various teams be able to wear bikini's?? I know Qatar is more moderate than a lot of Muslim countries, but these are serious issues. Absolute disgrace that the worst bid won. The ex-co should all be sacked. Yes, a little dirty that we didnt win, but even more dirty that Qatar did. Absolute fucking disgrace.
Villaboy
Villaboy
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

f1dave wrote:
notorganic wrote:

Can you please shut the fuck up? We're trying to have a Xenophobic convention here, and you're not helping.

There is nothing xenophobic about it. THEY HAD THE WORST BID. Completely unpracticle for a country the size of Qatar to host an event the size of the world cup.
dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

qatar will do well in the cup with all the 'naturlised' brazilians who now represent the country,they can even buy your nationality if the price is ok with you. Football is more bent than it admits.

Edited by dirkvanadidas: 3/12/2010 10:54:40 PM

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

f1dave
f1dave
World Class

Villaboy wrote:
f1dave wrote:
notorganic wrote:

There is nothing xenophobic about it. THEY HAD THE WORST BID. Completely unpracticle for a country the size of Qatar to host an event the size of the world cup.

Never said they didn't.

Reject however some of the 'information' being bounded around on here - stuff that would be perfectly at home in 'The Sun' or the like.
skeptic
skeptic
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Villaboy wrote:

The air conditioned stadiums aside, are they also going to build 32 ai conditioned training complexes for the attending teams?? Where are the millions of people going to stay?? Where are people going to go during the heat of a 45-50 degree day??? Where will the millions af fans that will want a few drinks in a party type atmosphere go?? Will the women of various teams be able to wear bikini's?? I know Qatar is more moderate than a lot of Muslim countries, but these are serious issues. Absolute disgrace that the worst bid won. The ex-co should all be sacked. Yes, a little dirty that we didnt win, but even more dirty that Qatar did. Absolute fucking disgrace.

Quote:

Will the women of various teams be able to wear bikini's??

Quote:
I know Qatar is more moderate than a lot of Muslim countries, but these are serious issues.

Yep, the United Nations emergency talks regarding the North/South Korea crisis have now been put on hold so the discussion of bikinis at future World Cups can be given it's deserved priority.

f1dave
f1dave
World Class

:lol: :lol: :lol:
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

You'd think Qatar just invaded Australia with all this nonsense :lol:

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Villaboy
Villaboy
Pro

skeptic wrote:
Villaboy wrote:

Quote:

Will the women of various teams be able to wear bikini's??

Quote:
I know Qatar is more moderate than a lot of Muslim countries, but these are serious issues.

Yep, the United Nations emergency talks regarding the North/South Korea crisis have now been put on hold so the discussion of bikinis at future World Cups can be given it's deserved priority.

What do the UN have to do with this??

I still think it is a question that needs to be answered. One of the most recognizable things at a world cup is the Brazilian women dressed in not much. It will be 40-50 degrees. Will thry be expected to cover up??

The point is that these things would not be issues in most of the world. But they will be for the biggest sporting event on the planet. Be facetious if you want, but I was not raising the matter as a perve, but as a matter of personal freedom to wear something comfortable in fucking hot conditions.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search