The Official NRL thread.

The Official NRL thread.

Author
u4486662
World Class
World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)World Class (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
No sympathy for Greg Inglis. This guy is a novacastrian and should be wearing a blue jersey in Origin. Total rubbish.

Greg Inglis playing for QLD is about as ok as the the stolen generation lie. Complete garbage. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by u4486662
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Never let Ben Hunt near an important game ever again.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

u4486662 - 24 Jun 2018 9:58 PM
No sympathy for Greg Inglis. This guy is a novacastrian and should be wearing a blue jersey in Origin. Total rubbish.

Greg Inglis playing for QLD is about as ok as the the stolen generation lie. Complete garbage. 

He's from Kempsey, he ain't Newy 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Kempsey or where ever he's a turn coat and glad he's choking on it for a change.
You could tell he wanted to cry interviewed after the final whistle, how sweet it is lol........
Good hard up win by the newbie Blues.

Love Football

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

------------------------------Ponga---------------------------------
-----------Gagai----------------------------------Holmes--------
-------------------Copely----------Inglis-------------------------
------------------Munster---------Taylor-------------------------
----------------------------Arrow------------------------------------
--------------------Papali----------Guerra---------------------
----------Wallace------Mccullough--Ofahengue---------
Bench: Hunt, Pangai-Junior, Hess, Mcguire

I reckon this is QLDs best squad (ignoring billy slater who of course will play his last game)

This side gives up a slight statistical advantage in meters gained in the forwards (938 to 1026) but that is unavoidable and this is realistically the most metres I can get out of a QLD pack looking at all possible combinations. However it is better defensively and makes more tackle breaks in the forwards (4 less missed tackles and 4 more broken tackles). It matches NSW in the centres which is the best QLD can do there unfortunately.

However the spine makes more tries/assists/line breaks/break assists/ forced dropouts by a decent margin. The spine also defends better with a pretty electric utility player in either hunt or morgan so they have a huge advantage in flair. 

So more defence and better attack with better game management from Taylor. The only advantage NSW would then have would be metres gained in the forwards but its a lot less of a mismatch in that department than the current squads. 

At the moment QLD are carrying some statistically weak players in Napa and Chambers and aren't playing their best halves (hunt looks an impressive utility)

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

grazorblade - 25 Jun 2018 4:03 PM
------------------------------Ponga---------------------------------
-----------Gagai----------------------------------Holmes--------
-------------------Copely----------Inglis-------------------------
------------------Munster---------Taylor-------------------------
----------------------------Arrow------------------------------------
--------------------Papali----------Guerra---------------------
----------Wallace------Mccullough--Ofahengue---------
Bench: Hunt, Pangai-Junior, Hess, Mcguire

I reckon this is QLDs best squad (ignoring billy slater who of course will play his last game)

This side gives up a slight statistical advantage in meters gained in the forwards (938 to 1026) but that is unavoidable and this is realistically the most metres I can get out of a QLD pack looking at all possible combinations. However it is better defensively and makes more tackle breaks in the forwards (4 less missed tackles and 4 more broken tackles). It matches NSW in the centres which is the best QLD can do there unfortunately.

However the spine makes more tries/assists/line breaks/break assists/ forced dropouts by a decent margin. The spine also defends better with a pretty electric utility player in either hunt or morgan so they have a huge advantage in flair. 

So more defence and better attack with better game management from Taylor. The only advantage NSW would then have would be metres gained in the forwards but its a lot less of a mismatch in that department than the current squads. 

At the moment QLD are carrying some statistically weak players in Napa and Chambers and aren't playing their best halves (hunt looks an impressive utility)

Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

I have followed the Dragons for as long as I can remember. Many decades is all I will own up to to. Lets just say I met Sticks Provan just before he hung up his huge boots. I actually went to his Sydney electrical store and cajoled him into signing my scrap book. I was about 10 and came up to the huge man's waist. 
There have been the halcyon days when we won a world record 11 premierships with superstars of their day, Kearney, Wilson, Walsh, Gasnier, Raper, Smith, King and Langlands to the lowest of the low ebb when we sold our soul to merge with another team. 
Under our best ever CEO Frank Facer we secured many of the greats of the day  while under our worst Peter Doust we lost many good players and our reputation . These days St George juniors are few on the ground.. Loyalty is a thing of the past.. giving way to greed.  

Things that are happening at the Dragons never cease to amaze me. I was reading this morning that Mary is planning to introduce his "x factor" Mat Dufty into matches. This is only going to disrupt our game plan surely.. as his introduction will mean positional changes for no fewer than four players. Is this wise. If I believed Dufty was worth all the trouble I would agree.. but he is not. He has pace.. that is about it.. No ball playing ability and some of his defensive reads are poor at best. But this matters not. Mary says he has the "x" factor. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Despite losing their chief playmaker, skipper and goalkicker.. the Dragons are showing some mongrel. I have never been a fan of Golden Point but I can live with it if it gives my Dragons the win. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Paul McGregor has had a two years coaching extension. Not sure if I am pleased or not about this. He is lucky to survive after last season's end of season debacle where we lost our way and just scraped into the finals. To be brutally honest he has not steered us thru a complete season .. we often falter come SOO time and he appears to have no solution to this worrying and regular occurrence.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Why all the name changes?

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Tough pen call to basically get Storm back in the game.

Not a surprise at all.

-PB

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search