The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
bahrain16
Under 7s
Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
so ..
is there is any pre season matchs for brisbane roar ?
thanks
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

bahrain16 wrote:
so ..
is there is any pre season matchs for brisbane roar ?
thanks

the roar have been playing a whole bunch of pre season games. you can find most of the highlights at PaulyTV
Ben_RoarFan
Ben_RoarFan
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)

Happy to announce the roar have another 6 members. Finally got my shit together.
The rest of my mates are going to do there own thing (wanted to get orange tickets)
Anyhow, myself and a few mates will be haning out in Section 322 – Row 11 feel free to say g'day
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Which foreigner do you think will be dropped for the ACL?

Won't be Adnan, because he's the +1.
GluteForce
GluteForce
Hacker
Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)

Any more signings for the season that anyone knows about? I think the team is pretty much set, although I would fancy one more striker just for safes!
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
Which foreigner do you think will be dropped for the ACL?

Won't be Adnan, because he's the +1.

Too early to say - if anyone's injured around ACL time, that will make the decision easy.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

so with this news of Eugene now go, does anyone know whats going on. I know the Roar always likes playing things close to their chest, but its obviously close to the season and we need to be in a position where things are sorted out.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

I find it quite sad that the Champions of Australia are struggling on a thread at the moment.

Wheres all the peeps?
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I would post stuff in here but most of it gets a separate thread...
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

scouse_roar wrote:
I would post stuff in here but most of it gets a separate thread...

yeah i know, but you would think there would be more discussion going on as well amongst the supporters.

ive redone the OP too

Edited by zimbos_05: 21/9/2011 10:53:25 PM
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Wait until the season kicks off and there'll be more discussion.

Hopefully we find out more about the new owners soon as well and then we'll have plenty to talk about.

Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
I find it quite sad that the Champions of Australia are struggling on a thread at the moment.

Wheres all the peeps?

we are champions...nuff said :)

not a lot to discuss yet i guess, although we could be like victory supporters and keep finding new ways to declare "we are the best team in the league" :)
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

i guess. once the season starts we should have a bit more to talk about.

anyone going for the game on saturday. kinda sucks, all the pre season games were wednesdays, and when im free on a wednesday they have a game on saturday. plus its at my uni which would have been easy to get to.
ned7
ned7
Amateur
Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)

Any more word on new owners?? Are the Bakries still keen??
Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

i know this isnt ideal for the roar thread but i wanted to gauge what brisbane people think. i was contemplating that during the ownership courting that the Clem Jones group were consulted as possible owners meaning they were interested in investing into the a-league. with this is mind do we think football in brisbane would benefit if they backed the Striker's to return to the a-league.

bear with me here, i know the Roar are still struggling to boost crowd numbers but would a rival brisbane club boost the interest collectively and maybe the two clubs could work together on a stadium deal with suncorp resulting in better pricing for both of them.

just a thought?
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Jargernaut wrote:
i know this isnt ideal for the roar thread but i wanted to gauge what brisbane people think. i was contemplating that during the ownership courting that the Clem Jones group were consulted as possible owners meaning they were interested in investing into the a-league. with this is mind do we think football in brisbane would benefit if they backed the Striker's to return to the a-league.

bear with me here, i know the Roar are still struggling to boost crowd numbers but would a rival brisbane club boost the interest collectively and maybe the two clubs could work together on a stadium deal with suncorp resulting in better pricing for both of them.

just a thought?

No, we saw a big hit to crowds when GCU moved into the league, and they are 100km down the highway, another team in the same city would be tragic to crowd levels. Maybe in 10 years, but not now.

The better angle would be a merger/joint venture with the Strikers where the Strikers become the feeder or player development arm of the Roar. I think that has the possibility of being very beneficial to both clubs.
Bob Malcolm #1 fan
Bob Malcolm #1 fan
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)Hardcore Fan (208 reputation)

If CJG do end up investiging in the Roar, together with Bakries as the major shareholders - I wonder if this would open up the realistic possibility of developing Perry Park into the boutique stadium we all would love to see? Planning approvals pending of course.
Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro

Bob Malcolm #1 fan wrote:
If CJG do end up investiging in the Roar, together with Bakries as the major shareholders - I wonder if this would open up the realistic possibility of developing Perry Park into the boutique stadium we all would love to see? Planning approvals pending of course.

yeah, a nice 25,000 seated stadium would be excellent.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

Jargernaut wrote:

just a thought?

No. Rugby League an Union are strong in Brisbane at the moment, and any splitting of football fans will just mean lower crowds at games. If the Roar cant find backers, how can we support two teams in Brisbane.
119GLORY
119GLORY
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Jargernaut wrote:
Bob Malcolm #1 fan wrote:

yeah, a nice 25,000 seated stadium would be excellent.

That's the dream. Sydney needs one as desperately as you guys do, Suncorp and the SFS are rubbish for anything under 15k.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

It would be awesome, but ultimately unrealistic I fear... Even if you could get the cash together, it would be so easy for the state government to bomb any development applications in the interests of protecting their own assets (suncorp)
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

yeah, i dont see the move to any other stadium happening. plus Perry Park is not very public transport friendly.
119GLORY
119GLORY
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

RJL25 wrote:
It would be awesome, but ultimately unrealistic I fear... Even if you could get the cash together, it would be so easy for the state government to bomb any development applications in the interests of protecting their own assets (suncorp)

Surely with another Brisbane team coming into the NRL they would look at a 25k stadium now?
119GLORY
119GLORY
Semi-Pro

zimbos_05 wrote:
yeah, i dont see the move to any other stadium happening. plus Perry Park is not very public transport friendly.

There's only 1 decent rectangular stadium in a city of 2m people? seems a bit weird to me...
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

119GLORY wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

There's only 1 decent rectangular stadium in a city of 2m people? seems a bit weird to me...

well believe it.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?gcx=c&ix=c2&q=perry+park&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

thats a google maps view of Perry Park. I see at train close by, but i dont see any chance of them installing a busway or developing the stadium into anything fantastic.

The Qld govt built Suncorp and put plenty into it for Rugby League. THey then through more money an AFL ground in the gold coast. Ballymore still needs plenty of work, yet nothing has been done or looks close to being done. Id say that Football would be far down on the list when it comes to construction of a football stadium.
Ben_RoarFan
Ben_RoarFan
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)

Hey all, in (somewhat) roar related news.. I could swear I read somewhere (but can't find the source right now) that Milan Susak has cut his Indonesian deal short and has just signed with Adelaide United. Can anyone confirm? Opinions?
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

Ben_RoarFan wrote:
Hey all, in (somewhat) roar related news.. I could swear I read somewhere (but can't find the source right now) that Milan Susak has cut his Indonesian deal short and has just signed with Adelaide United. Can anyone confirm? Opinions?

It seems to be popular consensus at the moment. There is a thread around here somewhere i think. I believe his first choice was to come back to the Roar but didnt quite work out.
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

The man himself has confirmed it.

Also:

Quote:
Trio named as Roar's full-time youth players
Thursday, 22 September 2011 by Michelle Tobin

Brisbane Roar have named striker Nicholas Fitzgerald, midfielder George Lambadaridis and left-back Corey Brown as the club’s full-time youth players.

Football Federation Australia regulations allow for three players young enough to play in the National Youth League to be paid full-time wages outside the Hyundai A-League salary cap.

Their two year contracts mean the trio will sit outside the club’s maximum of 23 Hyundai A-League squad members - currently at 20 - but will train regularly with the first team and will be available for selection by Head Coach Ange Postecoglou when required.

With the club set to embark on their maiden journey into AFC Champions League football at the latter end of the season, their contributions to the side could prove vital to Brisbane’s title chances throughout the lengthy campaign.

Fitzgerald, who has been a regular feature in the Roar’s pre-season fixtures and managed to find the back of the net on a consistent basis, was positive he could make an impact at Hyundai A-League level if called upon by the coaching staff.

“I’m very grateful for this opportunity and I plan on making the most of it,” the former Central Coast Mariners Youth player said.

“The boys have been great to me – Ezza (Erik Paartalu) and Shane (Stefanutto) in particular have really helped me and playing in front of guys like that you get a lot more opportunities to score which is great.

“I like playing anywhere up front, I like to try and get in behind the defender and get on the end of one of Thomas (Broich)’s passes.”

Lambadardis, a towering player capable of playing anywhere in the middle third of Brisbane’s formation, said he already felt as ease within Postecoglou’s football system.

The Melbourne-born midfielder spent 18 months in Belguim with Club Brugge’s youth academy before making the switch back to Australia earlier this year.

“It’s my first experience within a first team set-up and it’s been great since I’ve been here,” Lambadardis said.

“Since we’ve been here, we’ve been adapting to the coach’s system and the specific way he wants us to play which is unique compared to the rest of the league.

“We’ve been working hard so that when we are called up to the first team, we can slot into his system which is the most important thing.”

17-year-old Brown, an Australian representative at Under 17 and Under 20 levels, was confident the move back to his hometown was the right choice for his budding career.

“I’m very excited, I’ve only been here a couple of months but I’ve already got a feel for it all,” the Australian Institute of Sport graduate said.

“I’ve been learning a lot from all of the older boys, it’s been really good actually, I’ve been able to develop as a player even in these past two months.

“In terms of playing for the national team, this is the best place for me to be because there’s no better place to develop than the best team in the country.”

Postecoglou was pleased to have the three versitile players at his disposal and said he wouldn't hesistate in playing the young trio if needed.

“We certainly see them as players who can develop into really good first team players over the next two years of their contract and so far, I’ve been really happy with the progress of all three,” Postecoglou said.

“Because we’re rolling with a squad of twenty, and the Olyroos being away will have an impact on us so I’ll be very surprised if they don’t get a chance to play.

“We believe all three of them are capable of playing first team football should it be required this year and that’s certainly what we’ll be pushing for and I won’t be afraid to throw them in.”

http://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=41058
ryan2008
ryan2008
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
How has George Lambadaridis been in pre-season games? I've only seen a snippet of him from that German TC.
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

Pretty good from what I've seen. Great tekkers.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search