The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
scouse_roar wrote:
The man himself has confirmed it.

Also:

Quote:
Trio named as Roar's full-time youth players
Thursday, 22 September 2011 by Michelle Tobin

Brisbane Roar have named striker Nicholas Fitzgerald, midfielder George Lambadaridis and left-back Corey Brown as the club’s full-time youth players.

Football Federation Australia regulations allow for three players young enough to play in the National Youth League to be paid full-time wages outside the Hyundai A-League salary cap.

Their two year contracts mean the trio will sit outside the club’s maximum of 23 Hyundai A-League squad members - currently at 20 - but will train regularly with the first team and will be available for selection by Head Coach Ange Postecoglou when required.

With the club set to embark on their maiden journey into AFC Champions League football at the latter end of the season, their contributions to the side could prove vital to Brisbane’s title chances throughout the lengthy campaign.

Fitzgerald, who has been a regular feature in the Roar’s pre-season fixtures and managed to find the back of the net on a consistent basis, was positive he could make an impact at Hyundai A-League level if called upon by the coaching staff.

“I’m very grateful for this opportunity and I plan on making the most of it,” the former Central Coast Mariners Youth player said.

“The boys have been great to me – Ezza (Erik Paartalu) and Shane (Stefanutto) in particular have really helped me and playing in front of guys like that you get a lot more opportunities to score which is great.

“I like playing anywhere up front, I like to try and get in behind the defender and get on the end of one of Thomas (Broich)’s passes.”

Lambadardis, a towering player capable of playing anywhere in the middle third of Brisbane’s formation, said he already felt as ease within Postecoglou’s football system.

The Melbourne-born midfielder spent 18 months in Belguim with Club Brugge’s youth academy before making the switch back to Australia earlier this year.

“It’s my first experience within a first team set-up and it’s been great since I’ve been here,” Lambadardis said.

“Since we’ve been here, we’ve been adapting to the coach’s system and the specific way he wants us to play which is unique compared to the rest of the league.

“We’ve been working hard so that when we are called up to the first team, we can slot into his system which is the most important thing.”

17-year-old Brown, an Australian representative at Under 17 and Under 20 levels, was confident the move back to his hometown was the right choice for his budding career.

“I’m very excited, I’ve only been here a couple of months but I’ve already got a feel for it all,” the Australian Institute of Sport graduate said.

“I’ve been learning a lot from all of the older boys, it’s been really good actually, I’ve been able to develop as a player even in these past two months.

“In terms of playing for the national team, this is the best place for me to be because there’s no better place to develop than the best team in the country.”

Postecoglou was pleased to have the three versitile players at his disposal and said he wouldn't hesistate in playing the young trio if needed.

“We certainly see them as players who can develop into really good first team players over the next two years of their contract and so far, I’ve been really happy with the progress of all three,” Postecoglou said.

“Because we’re rolling with a squad of twenty, and the Olyroos being away will have an impact on us so I’ll be very surprised if they don’t get a chance to play.

“We believe all three of them are capable of playing first team football should it be required this year and that’s certainly what we’ll be pushing for and I won’t be afraid to throw them in.”

http://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=41058

That's great news! I was hoping Fitzy would get some kinda contract.

aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Should be getting some good mail this week. Membership cards have apparently been mailed out today, and pre-ordered shirts have also been sent according to the Roar Facebook page :d

T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

aussieshorter wrote:
Should be getting some good mail this week. Membership cards have apparently been mailed out today, and pre-ordered shirts have also been sent according to the Roar Facebook page :d

Just saw that too, season's getting closer, can't wait!

Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

just recieved my boys Roar Junior Season Pass however i am a little disappointed they have to go to brisbane to pick up their membership pack (cap, lanyard etc...). My wife and I haven't received our QLD membership pack yet, i guess they are coming later. I will ring the club later on to see what's happening and if there is any chance they can send the boys their goodies pack.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Jargernaut wrote:
just recieved my boys Roar Junior Season Pass however i am a little disappointed they have to go to brisbane to pick up their membership pack (cap, lanyard etc...). My wife and I haven't received our QLD membership pack yet, i guess they are coming later. I will ring the club later on to see what's happening and if there is any chance they can send the boys their goodies pack.

I think they had an option to have the full pack sent. Otherwise we need to collect them from either the Family day this Sunday or at Game 1.

I'm getting super excited now! Where do you guys generally go for pre-game beverages? With the two games before us on Saturday I'm planning on heading in around 3.30 to watch them, probably at Hotel LA.

svb
svb
Under 7s
Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)

for mariners game Oktoberfest is on so heading there for a wiener and a stein then to somewhere in cacko to watch tards game.
gurudave
gurudave
Rising Star
Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)

LA is usually pre game for us but apparently one of the smaller places a few doors down has good drink specials. Either way so long as beverages in hand and the other games on the box I'll be happy!
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

gurudave wrote:
so long as beverages in hand and the other games on the box I'll be happy!

+1 :d

Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

aussieshorter wrote:
Jargernaut wrote:

I think they had an option to have the full pack sent. Otherwise we need to collect them from either the Family day this Sunday or at Game 1.

I rang the club this morning and all I have to do is send the voucher and a self addressed parcel and they will send the kids packs to me. Also the QLD memberships will be sent out after the ticketed members packs.
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

Jargernaut wrote:
aussieshorter wrote:
Jargernaut wrote:

I rang the club this morning and all I have to do is send the voucher and a self addressed parcel and they will send the kids packs to me. Also the QLD memberships will be sent out after the ticketed members packs.

Thanks for the update, great to hear.
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

Just got my membership cards in the mail, sweeeeeeeeeeet! 9 days to go!

GluteForce
GluteForce
Hacker
Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZXZrohIkdU
New upcoming free-to-air roar ad - sorry couldnt embed it
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

GluteForce wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZXZrohIkdU
New upcoming free-to-air roar ad - sorry couldnt embed it

That's awesome. Well done to Brisbane Roar and FFA for putting this together. Hopefully between this and the FFA's A-League ad, FTA is flooded with A-League over the next week.

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

did anyone head out to the fan day today?
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

At the end of the new TV ad, they show the list of BR and A-league sponsors.

It seems Pauls Milk has replaced Wow Sight and Sound as a sponsor, I guess for the back of the shirt. Haven't heard of any press releases have we?
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
did anyone head out to the fan day today?

Would have mate but had a birthday get together I had to attend. Any good? Any changes of numbers for the players??? What'd the new players get?
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Kofi 9
Issey 11
Berisha 7
Jurman 4

Forget the rest
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

There was talk a while back of Thomas getting a new number??
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Hasn't happened :D
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

A side note, when is the Roar website going to be updated farken! And the online store.. whats the go? I've got a new baby boy at home and I wanna buy some bloody baby shit!
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

would have loved to have gone down to the fan day, but was at my brothers bucks weekend.

the website needs a massive overhaul, really in need of some change, hopefully they sort it out soon. cant keep doing these all club have the same site stuff.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

I went for a quick look, mainly to pick up my membership pack. I was there for the first hour and there was a fairly solid turnout, especially for the free Roar pack they were giving out to the first 1,000 people. Nothing too special - a few stickers (We Are Football and Roar ones), Puma card with discounts for members, Roar pens, and Player trading cards.

I thought the trading cards were a great idea. Get a tonne of those out to the kiddies and they'll know all the players in no time.

RJL25
RJL25
World Class

What was in this years members pack? Is the scarf decent?

I've only got the membership card and champions sticker so far, obviously need to pick the rest up at the game on Friday along with 3,000 other people :shock:

Edited by RJL25: 3/10/2011 11:13:17 AM
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

The main thing was the scarf, which is nothing special but it's all I'm after. It's a much lighter material than previous ones, which is fine seeing as it'll be hot at most games.

I think it says 'Den Member' on one side and 'Brisbane' on the other (don't have it with me right now).

gurudave
gurudave
Rising Star
Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)Rising Star (893 reputation)

im sure you will realise rjl but you wont want to turn up to suncorp on friday!!
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

yar yar.. Saturday night, same deal!

My rough plan is to turn up quite early to beat the line for the members pack stuff, then retire to the members bar till kick off...
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

Just a note, don't bother with Amart for Roar merch, they still haven't got anything in!

I was hoping to get a Roar jacket for Sat but guess I'll just wait for matchday.

SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

T3X8 wrote:
Just a note, don't bother with Amart for Roar merch, they still haven't got anything in!

I was hoping to get a Roar jacket for Sat but guess I'll just wait for matchday.

Every store I've called keep saying two weeks!! Only one said they'd get them in today.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro

Received mine in the mail today!! So sexy...

scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

Everyone's excited about the new season:

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search