NPL - New South Wales Conference

NPL - New South Wales Conference

Author
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Following is the composition of each League:

National Premier League 1 (Elite 1)

• APIA Leichhardt Tigers
• Blacktown City
• Blacktown Spartans
• Bonnyrigg White Eagles
• Central Coast
• Manly United
• Marconi Stallions
• Rockdale City Suns
• South Coast Wolves
• Sutherland Sharks
• Sydney Olympic
• Sydney United 58

Premier League 2 (Elite 2)

• Bankstown Berries
• Bankstown City
• Fraser Park
• Hills Brumbies
• Macarthur Rams
• Mt Druitt Town Rangers
• Mounties Wanderers
• Northern Tigers
• Parramatta FC
• Spirit FC
• St George
• Sydney University

Club movement.
Parra FC dropped to Premier League 2 and Central Coast Mariners Academy entering Premier League 1.

Coaching movement known.
Mark Rudan leaves Rockdale and goes to his home at Sydney United 58.

Interesting to see how the Central Coast goes in their first year at top flight NSW level.

After the changed criteria Northern Tigers who won the 2012 Premier League 2 comp and the right for promotion refused entry to Premier League 1.

I reckon teams to look out for in 2013 will be Bonnyrigg White Eagles, Marconi and Sydney Olympic. Too early to rate Central Coast and I think they will be mainly youths. Boys V men doesn't win trophies and it will be a tough initiation for the central coast.

My 2 bobs worth anyways.

Edited by aussiesrus: 17/4/2013 07:25:08 AM

Edited by Joffa: 19/11/2014 09:31:29 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by Aussiesrus
T-UNIT
T-UNIT
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Branko Culina will be coaching Rockdale next season.
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star
Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)Rising Star (949 reputation)

T-UNIT wrote:

I was going to add that but both FNSW and Premier League websites both pulled the press release.

So is it a done deal or just rumour?
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Aussiesrus wrote:
T-UNIT wrote:

I was going to add that but both FNSW and Premier League websites both pulled the press release.

Michael Cindric, who's signed for Rockdale, confirmed to me on twitter last week that Branko is the coach there now.
T-UNIT
T-UNIT
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Aussiesrus wrote:
T-UNIT wrote:

Confirmed.
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

Weird they pulled the press release.

Good coach. Best of luck for 2013.
T-UNIT
T-UNIT
Pro

Aussiesrus wrote:
Weird they pulled the press release.

Good coach. Best of luck for 2013.

It's on Rockdale's website....

http://rockdalecitysunsfc.com.au/news/169/RCS-PRESS-RELEASE%252d-BRANKO-CULINA.html
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

So fellas anyone got anything on Gladesville Magic ?

Love Football

Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

M.L. wrote:
So fellas anyone got anything on Gladesville Magic ?

They are in State League 1 for 2013.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Heard a few days ago from someone at Dulwich Hill that Gladesville and Western NSW will be challenging FNSW's decision to cut the youth teams.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

According to the FFA's vision of the APL there should be room available to the A-League franchises to have their own Academies and Youth teams compete in the APL.

Does anyone know if WSW and Sydney FC have intentions of playing in the NSW APL?
mltezr
mltezr
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Arthur wrote:

Does anyone know if WSW and Sydney FC have intentions of playing in the NSW APL?

cant see WSW doing that. if CCM are in the NSWPL then surely WSW will be in there if they wanted to. personally i dont agree with this, but it would just make sense.
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

Most of the NYL players return to their respective clubs during the winter season from SFC, WSW. I expect some will play for the newly promoted CCM in the NSWPL this season.

CCM have entered the NSWPL but they will be ensuring they don't find themselves in the relegation zone. So this means the first team will have only players that can compete at NSWPL firsts level. Many NYL players cannot even hold a position in a NSWPL firsts side as physically they are not up to it. Some can. It really depends on the age of the players in NYL side. The AIS tend to have immature players in development and would not compete in the NSWPL because it is relegation/promotion based where as NYL is not.

Edited by Aussiesrus: 13/11/2012 10:23:22 PM
No12
No12
Hacker
Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)

First training week for BWE, we only lost Harris Gaitatzis to Blacktown.
Thank you Harris for your dedication and effort, BWE supporter’s whish you luck at your new club.
BWE team is going to be as good as last year, also recruited some new players will let you know when confirmed who they are.
Sutherland picked up Nathan Elasi and Jamie McMaster from Marconi and Boardman from Wollongong comp. So they will be a good team also.
By this weekend we should also have the draw for the next season.

Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

No12 wrote:
Thank you Harris for your dedication and effort, BWE supporter’s whish you luck at your new club.
BWE team is going to be as good as last year, also recruited some new players will let you know when confirmed who they are.
Sutherland picked up Nathan Elasi and Jamie McMaster from Marconi and Boardman from Wollongong comp. So they will be a good team also.

Is that City or Fartans?
No12
No12
Hacker
Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)Hacker (491 reputation)

Aussiesrus wrote:
No12 wrote:

Is that City or Fartans?

I do not know for sure, one told me Spartans because his brother is already there, than the other committee member told me City for more money, contradiction in its self BC and money.
I was hopping you would know?

The most important announcement regarding BWE for the next season is that the Chvapie contract has been extended with the supplier for another season and in that department everything will be as good as in the past.

Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

No12 wrote:
Aussiesrus wrote:
No12 wrote:

Is that City or Fartans?

I do not know for sure, one told me Spartans because his brother is already there, than the other committee member told me City for more money, contradiction in its self BC and money.

The most important announcement regarding BWE for the next season is that the Chvapie contract has been extended with the supplier for another season and in that department everything will be as good as in the past.

i see united have done a bit of shopping however im a bit lost as to how theyre going to fit them under this new points system, even if for next season it sits at 290 points. mileski, triantis and a few others- the math doesnt add up but anyway wait and see.

weve got some new troops on deck for next season whilst retaining pretty much everyone who we wanted to keep from this year.

another cracking PL year is on the cards.

Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

:cool:

Edited by aussiesrus: 10/12/2012 02:48:36 PM
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Aussiesrus wrote:
No12 wrote:
Aussiesrus wrote:
No12 wrote:

Is that City or Fartans?

Well unfortunately my lad was told he isn't good enough for Blacktown City U/20's for 2013 so don't bother trialling and look for another club after spending 2012 training with them fulltime. Fair enough the 18's won their comp, will be promoted to 20's and a lot of the current 20's went to a-league NYL and will comeback for U/20's winter 2013. So he trialled for quite a few clubs and no-one wanted him. Open trials are a dogs breakfast.

So at 18 (19 this month) he is giving up football. Shame really considering he is a good leftback/wing/screener and the game is very short of players who can play that position and understand it. Shit happens I suppose.

Due to the above I have no idea what is happening at city next season so you guys will know more than I. Gonna miss City. Champion bunch of people. So I will be looking at you guys for unbiased match reports for 2013. The FNSW match reports are 90% hype and 10% fact.

Best of luck next season. I expect you guys to be in the mix come finals time, Both BWE and Rockdale.

Edited by Aussiesrus: 1/12/2012 02:39:22 PM

Sorry to hear that man.

I had a family friend in a similar scenario down here in Vic and ended up giving up the outdoor game and now just plays futsal. He was a decent player but couldn't quite get through the politics at times of clubs, and the way they worked.
batfink
batfink
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Aussiesrus wrote:
No12 wrote:
Aussiesrus wrote:
No12 wrote:

Is that City or Fartans?

Well unfortunately my lad was told he isn't good enough for Blacktown City U/20's for 2013 so don't bother trialling and look for another club after spending 2012 training with them fulltime. Fair enough the 18's won their comp, will be promoted to 20's and a lot of the current 20's went to a-league NYL and will comeback for U/20's winter 2013. So he trialled for quite a few clubs and no-one wanted him. Open trials are a dogs breakfast.

So at 18 (19 this month) he is giving up football. Shame really considering he is a good leftback/wing/screener and the game is very short of players who can play that position and understand it. Shit happens I suppose.

Due to the above I have no idea what is happening at city next season so you guys will know more than I. Gonna miss City. Champion bunch of people. So I will be looking at you guys for unbiased match reports for 2013. The FNSW match reports are 90% hype and 10% fact.

Best of luck next season. I expect you guys to be in the mix come finals time, Both BWE and Rockdale.

Edited by Aussiesrus: 1/12/2012 02:39:22 PM

where did you try for trials???
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

:cool:

Edited by aussiesrus: 10/12/2012 02:49:04 PM
No12
No12
Hacker

Sorry to hear about you son, I went through all of this with my kids, some kids do not mature enough as players and it is a big jump for 16 to 18 years and 18 to 20’s.
I always told my kids and kids when coaching the story of Tim Cahill, people told him to give up the game because he was too small and so on, and he become one of world greatest players.
I would tell him to stick to it in lower leagues as they have U19 get a bit more game time and next year give it another go, worst thing to do is stop.
Also 18 and 20s always look for players in the season injuries and so on, so if he is fit could jump in.

Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

:-s

Edited by aussiesrus: 10/12/2012 02:49:28 PM
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

United have announced the signing of Yuichi Yamayuchi for next season.
batfink
batfink
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

No12 wrote:
Sorry to hear about you son, I went through all of this with my kids, some kids do not mature enough as players and it is a big jump for 16 to 18 years and 18 to 20’s.
I always told my kids and kids when coaching the story of Tim Cahill, people told him to give up the game because he was too small and so on, and he become one of world greatest players.
I would tell him to stick to it in lower leagues as they have U19 get a bit more game time and next year give it another go, worst thing to do is stop.
Also 18 and 20s always look for players in the season injuries and so on, so if he is fit could jump in.

i would agree with this.....good advice..........the transition from U18 to U20's can be difficult for some players, especially those who have not been playing up an age group....IE: U16 backing up for U18, U18 backing up for U20 and so on.....

What i did with my son when he was 17/18 was to go down a division or two and trial as a first grade player, worked for him, he signed at a division 1 club as an U20 and after a few weeks went straight into the first grade squad and getting paid as a starting 11 player, toughens them up and gets them enjoying the challenge again....

giving up is a waste of what he has achieved to date.......easy to give up when the chips are down, harder to tough it out, builds character......never give up in the face of adversity........!!!!![-( [-( [-(

Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

:shock:

Edited by aussiesrus: 10/12/2012 02:49:48 PM
Aussiesrus
Aussiesrus
Rising Star

:roll:

Edited by aussiesrus: 10/12/2012 02:50:05 PM
batfink
batfink
Legend

Aussiesrus wrote:
Batfink,

It's not a matter of giving up when the chips are down. It's a matter of the way things are in football today.

So where is your lad playing in 2013?

Don't worry I can't give you a stir cause my lad isn't even playing.

well it's really funny to be honest......he has just bought a house and a few things have changed in his life so he said to me after playing overseas professionally and then being "F&^%ED" around by sydney fc and the whole thing with being screwed by agents he said to me i have had enough i'm chucking it in.....totally over the whole soccer thing....(meaning the politics,favouritism & crap that goes down).........so i said mate it's your life and you need to be happy, so do what is good for you, don't let me presure you or influence your decision.........so i was where you are now......have been a few times to be honest....Spartans approached him and offered him a great deal and he was still going to chuck it in.......but something changed i don't know what...he went to pre season and they look like they are going to play him in an attacking role which he loves and is best suited to.....and then credit to franko at parramatta who had a chat to him and told him it would be a real waste to give up.....so now he is back at it, seems to be loving it, and reckons the coach at spartans has a good squad assembled and they are going well.....time will tell as usual........

you should get the lad to trial for a first grade squad in a lower division, forget U20's make the step up, and in a year or two he will be way ahead of the players who are still playing kids football (U20's)

Kolner
Kolner
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
United have announced the signing of Yuichi Yamayuchi for next season.

how on earth are they under the points cap? its not possible with the players theyve brought in.
ralerasic
ralerasic
Hacker
Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)Hacker (451 reputation)

Utd and BWE should be reprimanded by the other 10 clubs for articfically infalting the wage expectations of the players. It is crazy what money those clubs throw at players. What for?

The cash they are talking about for Triantis and Mileski is just insane,and throw in Hayes to the mix and one just has to laugh.

But good luck to them. As they say, if you have the funds why not spend it.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search