NPL - Victoria

NPL - Victoria

Author
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Wow brilliant.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

11.Boo wrote:
S.U.S. wrote:
whats souths stand on the whole NPLV?

Bent down on their knees I believe....

Ha, Ha. Ha! Boo.

The Board is for ging to the NPLV but I don't think they believe what the conditions have become.

If it comes to an EGM decision tha will be interesting.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
S.U.S. wrote:

South publicly stated that they support the NPL - mainly because the club already has everything in place to participate and therefore requires minimal change in order to move over from VPL to NPL.

Knights have gone the other way, despite being in the same position as South. Whilst being quite happy for South to continue in the direction they are heading I applaud the Knights for the clarity and content of their response.
Troy5
Troy5
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)

Benjamin wrote:
S.U.S. wrote:

South publicly stated that they support the NPL - mainly because the club already has everything in place to participate and therefore requires minimal change in order to move over from VPL to NPL.

Knights have gone the other way, despite being in the same position as South. Whilst being quite happy for South to continue in the direction they are heading I applaud the Knights for the clarity and content of their response.

Theoretically the Knights can enter the NPL after 3 years of its establishment in VIC.
Its a shame to not have such a historic club that has developed such fine footballers not in the new comp.

Nevertheless from the outside they can determine if their fears are justified and if all goes well and it does develop into the Bleague that is being touted, they can enter in 2017.
cro69
cro69
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

If the current board of FFV were to be removed and the NPL tweeked to parallel the other states, then the Knights might change their stance. But for now as ive said all along, the Knights will not be part of the FFV version of NPL.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

And now neither will Green Gully be in the NPLV.
cro69
cro69
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

Arthur wrote:

And if my greek spies are correct, prepare for Sth Melb to decline the invitation too by weeks end.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

cro69 wrote:
Arthur wrote:

And if my greek spies are correct, prepare for Sth Melb to decline the invitation too by weeks end.

As I see it, right now South are in a tremendous position - if the NPL goes ahead they are in prime position having played along with the FFV and backed the concept.

If enough teams join the comp South will be in a position to be a dominant side - especially as our major rivals are all backing away.

If, on the other hand, there aren't enough expressions of interest to justify a league, and the FFV are forced to reduce their demands, South will still be onside with the governing body but will be able to take advantage of any concessions the others negotiate.

Win-win.
cro69
cro69
Amateur

Benjamin wrote:
cro69 wrote:
Arthur wrote:

As I see it, right now South are in a tremendous position - if the NPL goes ahead they are in prime position having played along with the FFV and backed the concept.

If enough teams join the comp South will be in a position to be a dominant side - especially as our major rivals are all backing away.

If, on the other hand, there aren't enough expressions of interest to justify a league, and the FFV are forced to reduce their demands, South will still be onside with the governing body but will be able to take advantage of any concessions the others negotiate.

Win-win.

Benjamin i think you will find that Sth Melb will announce at 7pm on Wednesday that there withdrawing their interest in the Victorian version of NPL.;) ;)
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

11.Boo wrote:
S.U.S. wrote:

Probably figured they'd be in the A-League next season o:) :cool:

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

cro69
cro69
Amateur

paulbagzFC wrote:
11.Boo wrote:
S.U.S. wrote:

-PB

If the FFV continue their stance well well well, then there in for a very rude awakening. The clubs do have a back up plan to show the FFV how serious they are.:roll:
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

cro69 wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
11.Boo wrote:
S.U.S. wrote:

-PB

If the FFV continue their stance well well well, then there in for a very rude awakening. The clubs do have a back up plan to show the FFV how serious they are.:roll:

Summer Soccer will be coming to Victoria.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Can i ask because i have never got a clear answer on this, What are the differences between FFV's NPL Model and the other states that is getting clubs and supporters in VIC so against the competition?

Viennese Vuck

VedranFC
VedranFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

melbourne_terrace wrote:
Can i ask because i have never got a clear answer on this, What are the differences between FFV's NPL Model and the other states that is getting clubs and supporters in VIC so against the competition?

Tards :roll:
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

melbourne_terrace wrote:

http://www.footballfedvic.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Competitions/NCR/NCR_Presentation_FFV_July_2012.pdf

The highlighted blue parts are FFV requirements Red is FFA.
cro69
cro69
Amateur

Arthur wrote:
cro69 wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
11.Boo wrote:
S.U.S. wrote:

-PB

Summer Soccer will be coming to Victoria.

You know whats going on too!!!:-$ Its ment to be a secret still.:oops:
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Does anyone know how many clubs have said 100% there interested in going ahead? So far I can only think of South Melbounre, Greater Geelong, Ballarat Red Devils, Surf Coast

Heard rumours that Bullen may apply and also hearing Hoppers Crossing may be interetsted, does anyone know of any clubs that have expressed interest?
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

apillay12 wrote:
Does anyone know how many clubs have said 100% there interested in going ahead? So far I can only think of South Melbounre, Greater Geelong, Ballarat Red Devils, Surf Coast

Heard rumours that Bullen may apply and also hearing Hoppers Crossing may be interetsted, does anyone know of any clubs that have expressed interest?

South Melbourne
Oakliegh
Bentliegh Greens
Geelong Galaxy
Surf Coast
Ballarat Red Devils
Bulleen Lions

Probably most clubs will put in an EOI to see what comes of the submission stage.
cro69
cro69
Amateur

Arthur wrote:
apillay12 wrote:

South Melbourne
Oakliegh
Bentliegh Greens
Geelong Galaxy = Have no Snr teams or Female sides and no home ground.
Surf Coast
Ballarat Red Devils
Bulleen Lions

Probably most clubs will put in an EOI to see what comes of the submission stage.

Take out Oakleigh and include
Werribee
Whittlesea Rangers

apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

cro69 wrote:
Arthur wrote:
apillay12 wrote:

South Melbourne
Oakliegh
Bentliegh Greens
Surf Coast
Ballarat Red Devils
Bulleen Lions

Werribee
Whittlesea Rangers

So looks as if the FFV have got the minimum 8 clubs they need to go ahead, Im still not sure about this from a club point of view the clubs look like they will suffer, but how about from a player point of view? Say for example myself a 21 year old currently playing state 2 would playing in NPLV club next year help me in any way? And what of my house mate a 25 year old fijian international who recently just got here, supposedly there is a limit as to how many foreigners a club may have and they carry more points or something? So the chances of him getting piked up by a club a thin

Edited by apillay12: 29/5/2013 12:02:27 AM
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

cro69 wrote:
Arthur wrote:
apillay12 wrote:

South Melbourne
Oakliegh
Bentliegh Greens
Surf Coast
Ballarat Red Devils
Bulleen Lions

Werribee
Whittlesea Rangers

Keep Oakliegh in.

They have organised community split with juniors and are sourcing coaches for juniors.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

apillay12 wrote:
So looks as if the FFV have got the minimum 8 clubs they need to go ahead, Im still not sure about this from a club point of view the clubs look like they will suffer, but how about from a player point of view? Say for example myself a 21 year old currently playing state 2 would playing in NPLV club next year help me in any way? And what of my house mate a 25 year old fijian international who recently just got here, supposedly there is a limit as to how many foreigners a club may have and they carry more points or something? So the chances of him getting piked up by a club a thin

They are unlikely to bring in the player points system immediately, if they do it will be chaos... As you say, State 2 players would find themselves in the NPL, with VPL standard players relegated to State 1 - and transfers to NPL clubs incurring points penalties...

Your Fijian mate doesn't have too much to worry about - his chances in the NPL would be slim, but there will still be plenty of opportunities for him at State 1 level.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

FFV wrote:
NPLV excitement grows

27 NPLV Expressions of Interest received so far including more than half of the current Victorian Premier League clubs.

Football Federation Victoria is delighted to announce that 27 Expressions of Interest (EOI) for National Premier Leagues Victoria (NPLV) have been received so far with more expected before the 31 May deadline.

More than half of the current Victorian Premier League clubs have submitted an EOI with the remainder coming from other clubs and groups across Victoria.

FFV CEO Peter Gome said the organisation is excited with the response rate so far of the new league and is thrilled to be working with so many clubs in laying the foundations for an exciting future of Victorian football.

There is now potential for two NPLV divisions to be established given the 27 EOIs received to date.

All clubs/consortia/entities are still welcome to submit a non-binding EOI and Gome reminded anyone who is contemplating joining the NPLV that it must be received before the 5pm deadline on Friday 31 May.

“There will be no opportunity for people to change their mind if they have not submitted an EOI once the deadline has passed,” he said.

Gome said that FFV is disappointed with recent media reports containing some misinformation and the suggestion that some clubs don’t fully understand parts of the NPLV framework. He also rejects reports that NPLV criteria will still be subject to change.

“There will be no eleventh hour changes to the model,” confirmed Mr. Gome.

“It would not be fair to all interested clubs for us to now make changes to the model. The model is staying as it is.”

Claims that NPLV clubs have to forego their sub-junior programs and as such cause a lack of quality coaching to children aged five to twelve are incorrect according to Gome.

“NPLV clubs can have skill acquisition programs for players below U12 level which fits in with the FFA National Curriculum as the focus up to this age is on skills,” he said.

“The benefit to players below U12 level from these SAP programs is the quality of coaching offered.”

A suggestion that FFV failed to properly consult with the Victorian football community also needed to be corrected.

“From July to December 2012 FFV conducted 15 forums state-wide, including many in metropolitan Melbourne, where interested clubs and groups attended,” he said.

Although Gome accepted that some clubs do not like components of the NPLV model, he pointed out it is a Football Federation Australia initiative and is consistent with the NPL implementation in all other states and territories.

“The NPL has already been introduced by New South Wales, Queensland, Tasmania, ACT and South Australia in 2013 with other states to follow in 2014.”

FFV will not be accepting EOIs after the 5pm deadline on 31 May 2013 and Gome said he is looking forward to working with potential NPLV clubs to ensure a great competition.

“The second phase of the process is preparing and lodging the NPLV application. This is the exciting part where clubs will really get to grips with all the components that will make them a great NPLV club.

“FFV will assist clubs during the application process and looks forward to announcing the successful NPLV licencees in September,” he said.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

With regard to the FFV's statement (above)...

Benjamin wrote:
cro69 wrote:
95% of VPL and State1 clubs about to desert FFV over their version of NPL. Secret meetings already underway about creating a summer comp of powerfull victorian clubs ( FACT ). This will be in direct competition to the A League. So unless the FFV dont change their version of NPL, then there going to lose a lot of revenue next coming season. This comp is already in advance stages and will be ready for kick off as early as late October this year.Refs in place, insurances done , constitution done. Do FFV still think the powerhouse clubs are kidding?

Unfortunately for those 95% - the highest profile and best equipped club is standing by the FFV & FFA and forging closer links with both bodies.

In the meantime, whilst the other 95% are shouting in public about the need to stand together and make a break-away, many of those clubs are still running around having private meetings with the FFV to see how best they can secure themselves a place in the NPL.

95% of VPL/State1 clubs SAYING they are outraged by the NPL recommendations...

But half of them have submitted an application to join the NPL.

What they say in public is very different to what they do behind closed boardroom doors.
TimmyJ
TimmyJ
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Benjamin wrote:
With regard to the FFV's statement (above)...

Benjamin wrote:
cro69 wrote:
95% of VPL and State1 clubs about to desert FFV over their version of NPL. Secret meetings already underway about creating a summer comp of powerfull victorian clubs ( FACT ). This will be in direct competition to the A League. So unless the FFV dont change their version of NPL, then there going to lose a lot of revenue next coming season. This comp is already in advance stages and will be ready for kick off as early as late October this year.Refs in place, insurances done , constitution done. Do FFV still think the powerhouse clubs are kidding?

Unfortunately for those 95% - the highest profile and best equipped club is standing by the FFV & FFA and forging closer links with both bodies.

In the meantime, whilst the other 95% are shouting in public about the need to stand together and make a break-away, many of those clubs are still running around having private meetings with the FFV to see how best they can secure themselves a place in the NPL.

95% of VPL/State1 clubs SAYING they are outraged by the NPL recommendations...

But half of them have submitted an application to join the NPL.

What they say in public is very different to what they do behind closed boardroom doors.

Is there a sort of "if you can't beat em' join em' vibe going around?
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro

VPL CLUBS WITHDRAWING FROM NPL

MELBOURNE KNIGHTS
GREEN GULLY
PORT MELBOURNE
BENTLEIGH GREENS
PASCOE VALE
HUME CITY

WHOSE LEFT FROM THE VPL?

STATE 1 CLUBS WITHDRAWING FROM NPL
ALTONA MAGIC

Also read that Preston Lions wont be submitting an EOI, lots of big clubs saying no, are we going to have summer football here in victoria?
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

MFootbal wrote:
Thunder submit NPL interest amid indecision
By Donald Sutherland May 30, 2013

Dandenong Thunder says it will submit an expression of interest (EOI) for the new National Premier League Victoria (NPLV), but maintains that no decision has been made about actually joining next year’s competition.
Speaking exclusively to MFootball, Dandenong Thunder spokesperson Mr Sezar Jakupi said the decision was made purely to be a part of the next period of discussion, and said the club wants a key number of issues addressed before it will consider a formal application for the new league.
“We will be submitting the expression of interest, what they refer to as “Part One”, therefore indicating that we want to be a part of the initial phase,” Mr Jakupi confirmed.
“At this point in time, we can’t preempt what will happen and where it will go from here. Obviously, there are other clubs who have publicly voiced their opinions and their concerns over the process.
“At this point in time, we’re seeking as much information as we can get and try and determine whether we’re going to be able to meet the criteria and so forth.”
Mr Jakupi was able to give some insight into what submitting an EOI meant for his club, saying it is not an indication of an application.
“To be honest, this stage of the process – what the FFV have termed the expression of interest – it’s just really an early, initial stage where, basically, you’re just flagging your intent to receive more detailed information on the NPLV process.
“Really, it’s the next two, three months which become the crucial part of that process. This deadline that’s been set – for the end of this month – there’s no decision being made.
“Just because you submit your expression of interest, it doesn’t really mean you’ve been accepted, it doesn’t mean you’ve formally applied – it’s just an expression of interest; exactly what it says.”
The Thunder spokesman also said the club would use the upcoming period – before the July 31 deadline to submit formal applications – to better understand the NPLV documentation.
“I think it’s fair to say that the club needs more information to fully understand … what’s been published about the NPLV, (as) there are what appears to be quite a few criteria and commitments and requirements, and from both Dandenong Thunder and most of the other VPL clubs, a lot of the concerns centre around financial commitments that’s required through the various criteria that you have to meet in terms of your coaching staff and your playing staff and all the other requirements of facilities and infrastructure and so forth.”
“I think it’s reasonable to say that all the clubs are significantly concerned about the financial viability of the current model and whether the current model that’s been proposed is sustainable from a financial perspective.
“Again, without wanting to preempt discussion and so forth, I suppose the devil is in the detail, so that will obviously be something that will come out of the discussions and further negotiations or the process around those negotiations as to are there going to be issues which clubs such as Dandenong Thunder see as stumbling blocks to the viability of the whole thing.”
Mr Jakupi also said his club has some concerns about the unique Player Points System (PPS) to be introduced within the NPLV.
“There are obvious issues which have been discussed by all the clubs regarding the proposed Player Points System and many clubs, including Thunder, have some legitimate concerns about the imposition of penalties for playing players over the age of 25 and so forth. ”
The PPS, as outlined in Schedule 1 of the Participation Criteria, is a system where each squad member is worth ten points before adjustments and clubs are allowed a maximum of 275 points for their senior squad in 2014, “and will reduce in subsequent years by 25 points until it is 200 points.”
Players over the age of 25 are worth one additional point “for each year the player is over 25.”
“It’s open to question as to why a player older than 25 is regarded as someone who the NPLV will impose a penalty on to the associated clubs. Who’s definition came up with the age of 25? You would think that most players are probably actually starting to mature and play their best football maybe at that age.
“So there are obvious, legitimate concerns that the clubs would have with that. I don’t think there’s really been any consultation on that.”
Thunder’s decision could be dependent on which clubs join the NPLV, Mr Jakupi indicated, with the current Victorian Champion wanting to play in the best tier of state league football and play against the best footballers.
“Our club’s position is is that we want to evaluate the NPLV that is as a competition in which there is a sustainable and long term viability for those clubs, and of course – which should presumably be the core primary objective – is that NPLV should represent the strongest competition in Victoria.
“So there would be some obvious concerns in that if there are a number of current VPL clubs who have already identified or highlighted their concern and, probably in some cases, their rejection of the NPLV model.
“Obviously, we’re not going to know the composition of the NPLV until the assessment process has gone through. One of legitimate concern from any of the current VPL clubs is who actually ends up making that according to the FFV assessment and how does that fit?
“Is that truly a representative picture of the strongest or elite clubs in Victoria, from a playing perspective?”

Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

For Dandenong Thunder to be joining this new league, they must like the fines imposed on them by the FFV.
cro69
cro69
Amateur

apillay12 wrote:
VPL CLUBS WITHDRAWING FROM NPL

MELBOURNE KNIGHTS
GREEN GULLY
PORT MELBOURNE
BENTLEIGH GREENS
PASCOE VALE
HUME CITY

WHOSE LEFT FROM THE VPL?

STATE 1 CLUBS WITHDRAWING FROM NPL
ALTONA MAGIC

Also read that Preston Lions wont be submitting an EOI, lots of big clubs saying no, are we going to have summer football here in victoria?

There is no rep team from the west zone applying for NPL. The strongest zone and no representation at all.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

So where's this announcement that South were pulling out?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search