Favourite burial/funeral song?

Favourite burial/funeral song?

Author
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Quote:
Most popular songs at UK funerals

A LEADING funeral company has compiled a list of the most popular songs people play to send off their loved ones. Some are classics, some are surprises.

Britain's biggest undertaker, The Co-op, has carried out a survey of the music people like to bury their loved-ones to.

1. Celine Dion My Heart Will Go On
2. Elton John Candle In The Wind
3. Bette Midler Wind Beneath My Wings
4. M-People Search For A Hero
5. Frank Sinatra My Way
6. Gerry And The Pacemakers You'll Never Walk Alone.
7. Englebert Humperdink Please Release Me
8. Elaine Page Memories.
9. Art Garfunkel Bright Eyes
10. Frank Sinatra Strangers In The Night

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/most-popular-songs-at-uk-funerals/story-e6frf00i-1225817031306

I like...

It's all over now baby blue - Bob Dylan
Knocking on Heavens Door - Bob Dylan
He's Gone - Grateful Dead

Edited by joffa: 7/1/2010 11:57:35 PM
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
At my funeral i want the song 'Always look on the Bright side of life' played, the one from the end of The Life of Brian.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

[quote]Top 10 funeral songs provided by Centennial Park
HERE'S the top 10 funeral songs, provided by Centennial Park, a leading provider of cemetery, crematorium and memorial services in Australia.

Top 10

1. My Way, Frank Sinatra

2. Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong

3. Time To Say Goodbye, Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman

4. Unforgettable, Nat King Cole

5. The Wind Beneath My Wings, Bette Midler

6. Amazing Grace, various artists

7. We'll Meet Again, Vera Lynn

8. Over the Rainbow, Judy Garland

9. Abide With Me, Harry Secombe

10. Danny Boy, various artists

Most Unusual :

1. The Show Must Go On, Queen

2. Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin

3. Highway to Hell, AC/DC

4. Another One Bites the Dust, Queen

5. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, Bon Jovi

6. Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, Monty Python

7. Ding Dong the Witch is Dead, The Wizard of Oz

8. Hit the Road Jack, Willie Nelson

9. I'm Too Sexy, Right Said Fred

10. Power, Crows and AFL team songs

[http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/wacky/top-10-funeral-songs-provided-by-centennial-park/story-e6frev20-1111116794061/quote]

Edited by joffa: 8/1/2010 12:02:33 AM
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

What about that Green Day song. I forget the name....
mus-28
mus-28
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

davidtorres wrote:
What about that Green Day song. I forget the name....

Good Riddance (Time of your life)
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

The Show must go on is by far the saddest and most fitting song for a funneral. I can't even listen to it without getting all teared up.

In the music we will Rock you they use it just before intermition and I have never seen so many men wiping away tears and openly expressing saddness.

My list will always be

The show must go on (raise another glass) Queen
Stairway (going out the way I came in to the world of Rock)
Lightening Craches Live
Swingnig on a Star- Bing Crosby
Never Tear us apart -INXS (As a Newcastle Supporter even in death you can not tear us apart).
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Haven't really put too much thought into it, but a few a like would be:

November Rain - Guns and Roses (why?, dunno just I've always loved this song and I could see it at my funeral)

Bagpipes (Only ever been to one funeral, and my nan had bagpipes at her funeral, must say, dunno what it was but they hit hard)

Seize the Day - Avenged Sevenfold (great song, fits to a funeral)

My Hero - Foo Fighters (because im a hero)
RedEyeRob
RedEyeRob
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

I'd like to put up 2 songs for selection at my funeral:

Realistic:
Sevendust - Angel's Son

Un-realistic:
Biohazard - My Life, My Way
Pantera - [When I Die]..I'll Cast a Shadow

I think my relatives would have a heart attack (great timing given the cemetary) if Pantera was churned out thru the speakers.

Edited by redeyerob: 8/1/2010 10:41:41 AM
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
At my funeral i want the song 'Always look on the Bright side of life' played, the one from the end of The Life of Brian.

^ This.

Or "Another One Bites The Dust".
pennywisealfie
pennywisealfie
Fan
Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)Fan (89 reputation)

Bro Hymn- Pennywise
At your Funeral- Saves the Day
girtXc
girtXc
World Class
World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)

The missus said the other day it would be YNYA for her.She now a few versions of YNWA on her IPOD o:).
The original Gerry and the Pacemakers
Farnhams studio version.He did a brilliant version to the soldiers in East Timor which we'd like as well if anyone has a link.

But we're really chasing the following version from Youtube.If anyone can find it on limewire it would be appreciated;)
Tom Jones-the most incredible and definitely the best version

[youtube][/youtube]

All this 3 weeks after she proclaimed her desire to go to an El Classico at the Nou Camp:lol: :lol:

My job is complete-she's totally converted

Edited by girtXc: 10/1/2010 12:00:29 PM
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Dead and Gone-T.I./Justin Timberlake
Disarm-Smashing Pumpkins (A killer in me is a killer in you)
Another way to die-Jack White/Alicia Keys

Krackovich
Krackovich
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Starlight - Muse
anth
anth
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Send me on my way - Rusted Root :) I want a happy song.

[youtube]IGMabBGydC0[/youtube]

Edited by anth: 10/1/2010 10:53:48 PM
The Mighty Gunners
The Mighty Gunners
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

What a depressing topic
anth
anth
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Not that depressing... check it out above :)
zoebonnie
zoebonnie
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)Hardcore Fan (181 reputation)

Dave Hole's version will be playing when they carry my coffin out of the church to the hearse.

[youtube]jpSHNW96fEQ&feature=related[/youtube]
morgan234
morgan234
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Hello, Im in Delaware - City & Colour
.:bp:.
.:bp:.
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

[youtube][/youtube]

Hanson would be my send off.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

anth wrote:
Send me on my way - Rusted Root :) I want a happy song.

[youtube]IGMabBGydC0[/youtube]

Edited by anth: 10/1/2010 10:53:48 PM

=d> Love this song.
Andrew Valerio
Andrew Valerio
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

Joffa - 7 Jan 2010 11:54 PM
Quote:
Most popular songs at UK funerals

A LEADING funeral company has compiled a list of the most popular songs people play to send off their loved ones. Some are classics, some are surprises.

Britain's biggest undertaker, The Co-op, has carried out a survey of the music people like to bury their loved-ones to.

1. Celine Dion My Heart Will Go On
2. Elton John Candle In The Wind
3. Bette Midler Wind Beneath My Wings
4. M-People Search For A Hero
5. Frank Sinatra My Way
6. Gerry And The Pacemakers You'll Never Walk Alone.
7. Englebert Humperdink Please Release Me
8. Elaine Page Memories.
9. Art Garfunkel Bright Eyes
10. Frank Sinatra Strangers In The Night

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/most-popular-songs-at-uk-funerals/story-e6frf00i-1225817031306

I like...

It's all over now baby blue - Bob Dylan
Knocking on Heavens Door - Bob Dylan
He's Gone - Grateful Dead

Edited by joffa: 1/07/2010 11:57:35 PM

Thank you for providing the list of funeral song.
switters
switters
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Under the milky way : The Church
Gayfish
Gayfish
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

pv4
pv4
Legend

I once emailed my wife the three songs I want at my funeral. 

Was then bombared with phone calls, text messages, emails, etc from ALL of my family members asking if I was OK.

Yes guys, I'm just getting my affairs in order in case some freak accident happens and then some idiot wants to ruin my funeral with shitty songs.

I don't want to reveal all of my songs, because I expect you all to be at my funeral if it ever happens, but the one song that is definitely there and I have no idea how anyone can not have it on their list is Into My Arms by Nick Cave.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Watch Over You - Alter Bridge (acoustic)

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 13 Apr 2017 9:06 AM
Watch Over You - Alter Bridge (acoustic)

-PB

Fuck yeh. I saw Alter Bridge last week they were amazing and Miles did an acoustic of Watch Over You. Amazing.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

BETHFC - 13 Apr 2017 10:12 AM
paulbagzFC - 13 Apr 2017 9:06 AM

Fuck yeh. I saw Alter Bridge last week they were amazing and Miles did an acoustic of Watch Over You. Amazing.

Yep saw them in Melbourne, my mate saw them in Brissy.

He does usually do that one acoustic every show, but fark I'd happily see it several times, it was so good live.

You guys missed out on Last Hero though :P

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

for suicides:

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Time To Say Goodbye - Bocelli singing it at Leicester. What a great moment. Great video. If haven't see it you must watch it.

In hindsight it was just Leicester's rehearsal of Ranieri's departure 🇬🇧
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search