Sound the Alarm?

Sound the Alarm?

Author
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Roberts1 - 28 Sep 2017 2:35 PM
Self Interest

Did a Greek girl turn you down to the big dance?

Your relentless pursuit of one club and one ethnic group can't be explained in any rational way. You are nothing but a racist hiding behind football.
bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Roberts1 - 28 Sep 2017 10:03 AM
BluebirdWe live in Australia and salary caps are part of the norm in our sporting codesWith Adelaide you have given a poor example - the players wanted to move on

What a load of rubbish

There are thousands of sports competitions in dozens of sports being played every week right across Australia. Barely a handful of them have salary caps

bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

petszk - 28 Sep 2017 12:05 PM
bluebird - 24 Sep 2017 11:36 AM

WTF?

2005/06 season: Average crowd over 90 matches:11,627. Total for the season: 1,046,468.
2016/17 season: Average crowd over 140 matches: 12,683. Total for the season: 1,777,652.
http://www.aleaguestats.com/ALeagueStats_1CrowdStats.html

I'm not sure how you can say that the attendances have not shifted. Comparing 2016/17 to 2005/06, there are more matches, a higher average number of attendees per match, and nearly twice as many people in total attending matches.

Cool. Thanks for arguing against the literal definition of what I said instead of the intended meaning

If you were right then you'd be able to slam my argument without having to resort to underhanded tactics

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

tsf - 28 Sep 2017 12:15 PM
paladisious - 28 Sep 2017 10:12 AM

What is it with Aussies thinking they know and do everything better than everyone else?

Even dumb shit like the retardely simple concept of having friends - Aussies wrap it up in some superior 'Aussie mateship' bollocks as if nobody around the world can grasp the simple idea of having a friend

In Europe there's one thing clear to me about all the cultures I've mingled with - Czechs, Spaniards, Portuguese, Poles, Palestinians, Austrians, Germans, Indians. All of them have their unique ways of being a caring mofo. To the extent that half of them would just off themselves on the spot if someone suggested they failed in showing hospitality. Maybe it sounds like a joke. One of our friends was told off by her mother for not showing enough hospitality to guests and we literally had to climb up on the roof and fetch her. I was living with my mrs and a Spaniard and Saturday morning was running the gauntlet because there was always some total random we never met sleeping on the couch haha. Had a refugee mate mad blue with his partner and he ended up sleeping on that couch for freaking 10 weeks. Beats me why people even lock their doors around here.

Nobody pats themselves on the back and say it's all because it is this iconic feature of their culture that puts them above everyone else. They just do it because it's plain ordinary human shit.
Edited
7 Years Ago by bohemia
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

bohemia - 28 Sep 2017 6:03 PM
Roberts1 - 28 Sep 2017 2:35 PM

Did a Greek girl turn you down to the big dance?

Your relentless pursuit of one club and one ethnic group can't be explained in any rational way. You are nothing but a racist hiding behind football.

Either that or he was bullied by wogs at school
Roberts1
Roberts1
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
It's not racism at all
I have followed the beautiful game of football in Australia through the state leagues, NSL, A-League and NPL having watched 100s of matches with Greeks, Italians , Croatians and other nationalities
I myself am of European parentage

Roberts1
Roberts1
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)

The difference between me and the Hellas bitters on this forum is that I can accept my ex-NSL team isn't A-League material whilst the Greek bitters - and their a few of them go on and on about P&R, a 2nd div - items that just suit them
Roberts1
Roberts1
Hardcore Fan

There is constant anti FFA shit that goes on
Yet the game has become mainstream - something that could never occur 20 years ago

The Sydney and Melbourne derbys, the quality of the imports - there. Are so many positives and yet it's all doom and gloom...
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Mate you need to head down to your local anti Immigration rally :Whistling:

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Roberts1 - 28 Sep 2017 7:15 PM
It's not racism at allI have followed the beautiful game of football in Australia through the state leagues, NSL, A-League and NPL having watched 100s of matches with Greeks, Italians , Croatians and other nationalitiesI myself am of European parentage

I bet you have black friends too. 

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Roberts1 - 28 Sep 2017 7:23 PM
There is constant anti FFA shit that goes onYet the game has become mainstream - something that could never occur 20 years agoThe Sydney and Melbourne derbys, the quality of the imports - there. Are so many positives and yet it's all doom and gloom...

Didn't you know you had to have permission from some here to express an opinion that's different to theirs?

In a resort somewhere

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

paulc - 30 Sep 2017 12:13 PM
Roberts1 - 28 Sep 2017 7:23 PM

Didn't you know you had to have permission from some here to express an opinion that's different to theirs?

This is sad, even for you

Viennese Vuck

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

melbourne_terrace - 30 Sep 2017 12:44 PM
paulc - 30 Sep 2017 12:13 PM

This is sad, even for you

I'm far from sad bro!

In a resort somewhere

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search