World Politics/Global Events

World Politics/Global Events

Author
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Munrubenmuz - 15 Jun 2020 10:12 PM
Did read somewhere about 'defunding the police' where the mayor of some town completely sacked the entire force and restarted with a new one.  Her rationale was that rather than try and change a culture with a systemic problem it was easier to start from scratch and hire people that suited the new role and culture they were trying to establish.

Something like that may have be worth considering. 

If true that mayor should get an instant dismissal herself.

That's a disgraceful move to sack every single police officer and bring in new people. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

robstazzz - 15 Jun 2020 10:50 PM
Munrubenmuz - 15 Jun 2020 10:12 PM

If true that mayor should get an instant dismissal herself.

That's a disgraceful move to sack every single police officer and bring in new people. 

Rather than jump to conclusions perhaps you could try and inform yourself.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/what-would-it-mean-defund-police-these-cities-offer-ideas-n1229266

In 2017, when a shortage of inpatient psychiatric beds in Dallas was driving up the number of 911 calls, overwhelming emergency rooms and crowding jails with mentally ill people, the city decided to try something different.It put an officer, a paramedic and a social worker in every car responding to mental health calls in the city’s troubled south-central region, an attempt to get people the help they needed without an arrest or violent confrontation. The pilot program, RIGHT Care, led to a drop in arrests in the area.

Further reading here.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defund_the_police

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 15 Jun 2020 11:04 PM
robstazzz - 15 Jun 2020 10:50 PM

Rather than jump to conclusions perhaps you could try and inform yourself.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/what-would-it-mean-defund-police-these-cities-offer-ideas-n1229266

In 2017, when a shortage of inpatient psychiatric beds in Dallas was driving up the number of 911 calls, overwhelming emergency rooms and crowding jails with mentally ill people, the city decided to try something different.It put an officer, a paramedic and a social worker in every car responding to mental health calls in the city’s troubled south-central region, an attempt to get people the help they needed without an arrest or violent confrontation. The pilot program, RIGHT Care, led to a drop in arrests in the area.

When a stupid decision like that above is made, I'll happily jump to conclusions.

Stupid decisions don't need to be given any thought at all. 

Sorry but I just can't agree with someone that would sack a whole department. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

robstazzz - 15 Jun 2020 11:07 PM

When a stupid decision like that above is made, I'll happily jump to conclusions.

You are the very definition of ignorant.  Worse actually.  Wilfully ignorant.

You ranted and raved about how 'you should watch this video' which 3 or 4 of us did and you can't even be arsed to read an article because what?  You might have to change a thought in that tiny mind of yours.  By all means disagree with the theory but have the facts in hand first.

Robstazz.  I don't believe in heavier than air flight.

Every fucking scientist in the world:  Here's the evidence.

Robstazz.  Nup.  Not gunna read it.

To quote the great man himself 

'I have no words for you that'll change your mind.'

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Munrubenmuz - 15 Jun 2020 10:14 PM
rusty - 15 Jun 2020 7:51 PM

I'm glad you agree that there's no consensus which is why you look like such a retarded idiot when you try and lump everybody protesting or anyone who is concerned about wanting societal/cultural change into the one basket.

I never said there was one basket, just that defunding the police, by any amount, is a bad, stupid idea.  If it’s to send psychologists to attend some matters, well that would actually require an increase in funding as it costs more to train psychologists than it does police officers.  You just couldnt pluck a psychologist out of a controlled environment such as their clinical settings and throw them into the field, they would require specific police aligned training, and that shits expensive!  If its to “re invest the money into black communities” well thats also a terrible idea, as there isnt enough you can cut from the already razor thin police budget to make a considerable, if any difference to black communities.  Its just one of those feel good endeavours that makes everyone feel really good about themselves, like they’re the avant garde of change and future generations will remember them fondly.  In reality crime increases and more black people die.  

I don’t think youve thought about this properly Muz.  Its like you saw these protests on tv, and got caught up in the emotion of it all, and inspired by vacuous rhetoric like “re-imagining public safety” and actually fell for the stupidity that making police forces weaker will make communities stronger.  By that logic you might as well abolish police departments altogether, since they are such a burden, until you need them of course.

Muz
Muz
Legend

rusty - 15 Jun 2020 11:52 PM
Munrubenmuz - 15 Jun 2020 10:14 PM

I never said there was one basket, just that defunding the police, by any amount, is a bad, stupid idea.  If it’s to send psychologists to attend some matters, well that would actually require an increase in funding as it costs more to train psychologists than it does police officers.  You just couldnt pluck a psychologist out of a controlled environment such as their clinical settings and throw them into the field, they would require specific police aligned training, and that shits expensive!  If its to “re invest the money into black communities” well thats also a terrible idea, as there isnt enough you can cut from the already razor thin police budget to make a considerable, if any difference to black communities.  Its just one of those feel good endeavours that makes everyone feel really good about themselves, like they’re the avant garde of change and future generations will remember them fondly.  In reality crime increases and more black people die.  

I don’t think youve thought about this properly Muz.  Its like you saw these protests on tv, and got caught up in the emotion of it all, and inspired by vacuous rhetoric like “re-imagining public safety” and actually fell for the stupidity that making police forces weaker will make communities stronger.  By that logic you might as well abolish police departments altogether, since they are such a burden, until you need them of course.

Read the article you rocket scientist and you might understand what they're talking about.  Fucks sake.  The information is there.  

Yes it's an anathema to you when you first hear it.  It was to me too initially because it sounds dumb but when you actually read and listen to what they're saying you can see there's some merit. 

It's not like here.  There are 50 states in America but around 18 000 police forces.  Can you understand numbers?  There's 18 000 police forces.  No one ANYWHERE has said there should be no police at all just perhaps (trigger warning for Rusty and Enzo) a redistribution of funding to try and alleviate some of the problems.

You talk about costs.  How much do you think it costs to put 4 policeman on trial and then incarcerate one, two, three or all of them?  Even if they got off the costs to run them through the legal system would run into millions and millions.  

I can't believe you blokes are proud of being ignorant and misinformed.     

Member since 2008.

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

Munrubenmuz - 15 Jun 2020 11:33 PM

You are the very definition of ignorant.  Worse actually.  Wilfully ignorant.

You ranted and raved about how 'you should watch this video' which 3 or 4 of us did and you can't even be arsed to read an article because what?  You might have to change a thought in that tiny mind of yours.  By all means disagree with the theory but have the facts in hand first.

Robstazz.  I don't believe in heavier than air flight.

Every fucking scientist in the world:  Here's the evidence.

Robstazz.  Nup.  Not gunna read it.

To quote the great man himself 

'I have no words for you that'll change your mind.'

😂😂😂 What is that all about?

My apologies you're probably right about me not wanting to read that, but I just can't back someone that'll sack a whole police force. That's if that's really what she did.

I highly doubt you had a problem with the 10 minute clip I posted though. I'm pretty sure that overall you agree with the brothers. 

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Munrubenmuz - 16 Jun 2020 12:04 AM
rusty - 15 Jun 2020 11:52 PM

Read the article you rocket scientist and you might understand what they're talking about.  Fucks sake.  The information is there.  

Yes it's an anathema to you when you first hear it.  It was to me too initially because it sounds dumb but when you actually read and listen to what they're saying you can see there's some merit. 

It's not like here.  There are 50 states in America but around 18 000 police forces.  Can you understand numbers?  There's 18 000 police forces.  No one ANYWHERE has said there should be no police at all just perhaps (trigger warning for Rusty and Enzo) a redistribution of funding to try and alleviate some of the problems.

You talk about costs.  How much do you think it costs to put 4 policeman on trial and then incarcerate one, two, three or all of them?  Even if they got off the costs to run them through the legal system would run into millions and millions.  

I can't believe you blokes are proud of being ignorant and misinformed.     

Saw this. I checked a couple of numbers and they're around about accurate (rounding)

I'm not sure how you can see that and some of the over the top equipment they have and not think it's insane.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

mcjules - 16 Jun 2020 12:41 AM
Munrubenmuz - 16 Jun 2020 12:04 AM
Saw this. I checked a couple of numbers and they're around about accurate (rounding)

I'm not sure how you can see that and some of the over the top equipment they have and not think it's insane.

Thats the equivalent of comparing the GDP of African American neighbourhoods with the militaries of countries like Somalia and Eritrea and concluding that they are overfunded.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Dominic Raab ffs lol

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Why do you instantly assume it is a bad decision?

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

sydneyfc1987 - 19 Jun 2020 11:32 AM

Why do you instantly assume it is a bad decision?

Very simple reason why. I just can't accept that the whole police department should be stood down because they're all bad. 

But like I said before, I'm not even sure if that's what actually happened, however if it is what happened, then again I think it is a stupid decision. 

When everyone is painted with the same brush no matter what, that has to be a bad decision in my opinion, simply because we all know not all cops are bad, just like not all football fans are hooligans and so on. 

I would have thought you'd actually agree with me on this matter. 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

robstazzz - 19 Jun 2020 12:11 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 19 Jun 2020 11:32 AM

Very simple reason why. I just can't accept that the whole police department should be stood down because they're all bad. 

But like I said before, I'm not even sure if that's what actually happened, however if it is what happened, then again I think it is a stupid decision. 

When everyone is painted with the same brush no matter what, that has to be a bad decision in my opinion, simply because we all know not all cops are bad, just like not all football fans are hooligans and so on. 

I would have thought you'd actually agree with me on this matter. 

Sorry I thought you were referring to muz's post about the social workers accompanying police.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

sydneyfc1987 - 19 Jun 2020 1:40 PM
robstazzz - 19 Jun 2020 12:11 PM

Sorry I thought you were referring to muz's post about the social workers accompanying police.

All good.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Wirecard going belly up is both fascinating and insane.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Classic;

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/world/biggest-gold-fraud-busted-in-china-83-tons-of-fake-gold-bars-used-as-loan-collateral/story/408497.html

Right as the world was smashing gold as safe haven investments.

-PB

Muz
Muz
Legend

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/i-am-running-for-president-of-the-united-states-kanye-west-announces-shock-presidential-bid/news-story/3c266740a29c42a053d1af25fda23c18

‘I am running for President of the United States’: Kanye West announces shock presidential bid Rapper and songwriter Kanye West has abruptly declared he is running for president of the United States.

The movie Idiocracy is now a documentary.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Member since 2008.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 5 Jul 2020 4:52 PM
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/i-am-running-for-president-of-the-united-states-kanye-west-announces-shock-presidential-bid/news-story/3c266740a29c42a053d1af25fda23c18

‘I am running for President of the United States’: Kanye West announces shock presidential bid Rapper and songwriter Kanye West has abruptly declared he is running for president of the United States.

The movie Idiocracy is now a documentary.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

love his music but he is even more deranged than trump. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Do it, Kanye.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Apparently it's too late to get on the ballot in a bunch of states adding up to 102 Electoral College votes, making it virtually impossible to win.

Some analysis is that it's a ploy to split the vote in Michigan with Biden and hand it to Trump, but given that Kanye was a vocal Trumpkin it would make sense to me that he'd take more votes off Trump, but I don't follow US politics closely.
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Some have suggested that Kanye's crazy capers have coincided with his album releases, but I'm not interested enough to fact check that.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

paladisious - 5 Jul 2020 8:38 PM
Some have suggested that Kanye's crazy capers have coincided with his album releases, but I'm not interested enough to fact check that.

They have actually but his last couple of albums came about when he opened up about his bi polarism 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 5 Jul 2020 9:34 PM
paladisious - 5 Jul 2020 8:38 PM

They have actually but his last couple of albums came about when he opened up about his bi polarism 

I actually feel for the guy because he clearly has some psychological issues and went off the rails after his mum died. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 6 Jul 2020 9:58 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 5 Jul 2020 9:34 PM

I actually feel for the guy because he clearly has some psychological issues and went off the rails after his mum died. 

Yep he hasn't dealt with his mums death at all. He is clearly in denial about it all 
Edited
4 Years Ago by MvFCArsenal16.8
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

In what may be the most delicious case of irony in recent memory, the president of Brazil may have Covid. 

Here's hoping. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Muz
Muz
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 7 Jul 2020 7:13 PM
In what may be the most delicious case of irony in recent memory, the president of Brazil may have Covid. 

Here's hoping. 

Unless of course he gets a super mild case and then spruiks the old 'told ya so.'

Member since 2008.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 7 Jul 2020 10:10 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 7 Jul 2020 7:13 PM

Unless of course he gets a super mild case and then spruiks the old 'told ya so.'

He's got it.

If there is a God he'll get very sick..

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 8 Jul 2020 8:27 AM
Munrubenmuz - 7 Jul 2020 10:10 PM

He's got it.

If there is a God he'll get very sick..

Conspiracy theory is that he doesn't and he will "recover" with no impact.
rusty
rusty
World Class

So fascinating watching Biden's cognitive deterioration on a day by day basis.  The way he's going he may be completely catatonic by November's election.  It would be amazing if he was the first catatonic person ever elected to the seat of US president.

rusty
rusty
World Class

Remember that time when Muz said "defunding the police" wasn't really about defunding and abolishing the police. :laugh:

Classic Muz :laugh:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search