Melbourne grassroots football suspended in face of coronavirus surge [Comments]

Melbourne grassroots football suspended in face of coronavirus surge...

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

What a pity for those passionate grass roots players/clubs and all.
We enjoyed our 1st comp game last weekend, it was a surreal feeling seeing pitchs full and playing.

Love Football

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

LFC. - 9 Jul 2020 3:01 PM
What a pity for those passionate grass roots players/clubs and all.
We enjoyed our 1st comp game last weekend, it was a surreal feeling seeing pitchs full and playing.

I feel bad for the kids this are their best years 
jasongenova
jasongenova
Hacker
Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)

Can A League NPL youth teams register foreign citizens? 

I have my nephew who has moved over from italy, would he be allowed to play in Victorys top NPL Team (essentially their Y league team)?
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

jasongenova - 15 Jul 2020 6:49 PM
Can A League NPL youth teams register foreign citizens? 

I have my nephew who has moved over from italy, would he be allowed to play in Victorys top NPL Team (essentially their Y league team)?

So, looking at the Vic NPL PPS regs from last year, there doesn't seem to be any special considerations for such situations, so I'm assuming it will be the same as other NPL clubs (at least for within the NPL season). In the Y-League, it looks like something different.

NPL allows 2 foreign players in the squad, and a maximum of 2 players on match-day.
Y-League seems to state that any foreign players that are signed as part of the first-team, AND are under-21, will be considered an overage player during Y-League matches (which is a maximum of 4)
jasongenova
jasongenova
Hacker
Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)

NicCarBel - 15 Jul 2020 8:22 PM
jasongenova - 15 Jul 2020 6:49 PM

So, looking at the Vic NPL PPS regs from last year, there doesn't seem to be any special considerations for such situations, so I'm assuming it will be the same as other NPL clubs (at least for within the NPL season). In the Y-League, it looks like something different.

NPL allows 2 foreign players in the squad, and a maximum of 2 players on match-day.
Y-League seems to state that any foreign players that are signed as part of the first-team, AND are under-21, will be considered an overage player during Y-League matches (which is a maximum of 4)

awesome thanks, I was aware of the Y league rule, was unsure about the NPL rules. Do you know if Victory or City will be participating in the Under 20s NPL comp should it go ahead
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

jasongenova - 15 Jul 2020 8:29 PM
NicCarBel - 15 Jul 2020 8:22 PM

awesome thanks, I was aware of the Y league rule, was unsure about the NPL rules. Do you know if Victory or City will be participating in the Under 20s NPL comp should it go ahead

Sorry, I'm in Canberra, so not sure of the dealings of the Victorian clubs. I'm gonna say yes (or at least a chance so), based off the Newcastle and WSW participation in NSW NPL
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search