Western Sydney vs central coast

Western Sydney vs central coast

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Nearly 10k tonight it adds so much to the coverage 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

sportaddict - 6 Apr 2021 9:05 PM
Natta is such a talent. 18 years old - he was the best defender on the park tonight, particularly in the second half,  despite having missed last game with a concussion. Outstanding passer, very composed in defence 

Tongyik for me was better, he kept Duke quite all night which isnt an easy task.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Another great game, CCM had the better control of the game but didnt take their chances albeit from poor finishing and from desperate defending by WSW.

WSW showed good fight but got badly exposed by their faulty structure, they really need Ugarkovic to get better control in games as CCM had a field day against Baccus.

Kamau was great and maybe deserves a start instead, for me it was a pen as Kuol got in front of Baccus and usually means penalty in VAR terms.

I can now see CCM winning the premiership depending Melb City's mood.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Barca4Life
kaufusi
kaufusi
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Great to see CCM annihilate WSW, just a shame they couldn't take their chances. Should have won by 3-4 goals. 
CS
CS
Rising Star
Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)

Barca4Life - 6 Apr 2021 11:57 PM

Tongyik for me was better, he kept Duke quite all night which isnt an easy task.

Tongjik is looking to me like he could play at a high level in Europe.  Amazing that he "failed" at Melb City and Brisbane.

Mind you Joyce at City was surely one of the worst coaches we've seen here.  His appointment is still inexplicable.  And I think that was Brisbane at the end of the Aloisi period.

I don't think much of the Wanderers.  Troisi offers so little to the team in a key position and Baccus is good one game, poor the next, in a position that requires consistency.  There's just a general lack of quality in the team.  Ibini isn't the player he was.  Duke is a dynamo but he's a blunt battering ram of a player.  Cox isn't worth a visa place.  Muller was so good last season but seems in poor form now. 

They need an Ono level player to lift the team.  Kamau could make a difference if he can play to last night's form consistently.
Edited
3 Years Ago by CS
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

CS - 7 Apr 2021 1:48 PM

Tongjik is looking to me like he could play at a high level in Europe.  Amazing that he "failed" at Melb City and Brisbane.

A couple of more seasons being consistent at the A League, possible inclusion into the Socceroos & possible exposure at the WC then who knows. 

He's a very composed defender that's for sure. 

Mr Cleansheets
Mr Cleansheets
Rising Star
Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)

Tongyik can be a tad over adventurous but is clearly destined for the top - great player and nailed on Socceroo.

Natta impresses me hugely also. And Kye Rowles - he's gone to a new level this year.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Baccus being pushed hard in the back in the box (by accident) should have been a pen, and I hate that the ref and VAR don't give stuff about a foul if a player does not fall over or appeal.

It is the very thing that players say forces their hand into exaggeration and how can you argue against it when the officials do not do their job.

VAR should have looked at that just like every other decision in the box and got the ref to look at the monitor - then a pen given.

Mariners deserved a win based on chances overall - both teams had chances to 'easily' score more. Good game.

For me, Kamau is a smarter finisher than Ibini and much more dangerous as an individual when running.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 8 Apr 2021 9:28 AM
Baccus being pushed hard in the back in the box (by accident) should have been a pen, and I hate that the ref and VAR don't give stuff about a foul if a player does not fall over or appeal.

It is the very thing that players say forces their hand into exaggeration and how can you argue against it when the officials do not do their job.

VAR should have looked at that just like every other decision in the box and got the ref to look at the monitor - then a pen given.

Mariners deserved a win based on chances overall - both teams had chances to 'easily' score more. Good game.

For me, Kamau is a smarter finisher than Ibini and much more dangerous as an individual when running.

Mariners supporter here. I cannot agree with you more. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

CS - 7 Apr 2021 1:48 PM

Mind you Joyce at City was surely one of the worst coaches we've seen here.  His appointment is still inexplicable.  And I think that was Brisbane at the end of the Aloisi period.

I don't think much of the Wanderers.  Troisi offers so little to the team in a key position and Baccus is good one game, poor the next, in a position that requires consistency.  There's just a general lack of quality in the team.  Ibini isn't the player he was.  Duke is a dynamo but he's a blunt battering ram of a player.  Cox isn't worth a visa place.  Muller was so good last season but seems in poor form now. 

They need an Ono level player to lift the team.  Kamau could make a difference if he can play to last night's form consistently.

After his time at Brisbane Roar I thought it was over for him at aleague and must be a fell from grace after his promising start at Melb City, so good to see him take his chance and turn his career around and probably is shaping to get some decent offers to Asia and even Europe if he keeps it up.
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Tongyik is better atm 100%. But Natta is 18, and already one of the best ball playing centre backs in the league. Technically he’s superb, he will get stronger and better defensively. Good in the air too already and excellent 1v1. When was the last time we had an 18 year old centre back starting every game for one of the best teams in the A-League? 
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

sportaddict - 8 Apr 2021 5:46 PM

Tongyik is better atm 100%. But Natta is 18, and already one of the best ball playing centre backs in the league. Technically he’s superb, he will get stronger and better defensively. Good in the air too already and excellent 1v1. When was the last time we had an 18 year old centre back starting every game for one of the best teams in the A-League? 

Natta is an absolute gun for his age - maybe too young & inexperienced to make the Olyroos squad this time, but wouldn't disgrace himself if he was in a back 3 with Souttar & Deng next to him. I would've said he was the pick of the defenders in that game. If he keeps developing & improving over the next few seasons, he's going to be one hell of a player
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

sportaddict - 8 Apr 2021 5:46 PM

Agree he’s very accomplished on the ball, probably one of the best ball playing defenders in the league already.

Bright future if he keeps it up.
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Natta got monstered in the air by city 
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Tongyik gotta be in that 1000 man Socceroos squad. He adds so much more than say a Bailey Wright technically, and is a proper good alternative to Sainsbury/Deng in partnering Souttar.

If either Good or Tongyik get in the next squad I’ll be happy.
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

lukerobinho - 8 Apr 2021 9:05 PM
Natta got monstered in the air by city 

Didn't see that game. Who by? Rostyn Griffiths?   
Mr Cleansheets
Mr Cleansheets
Rising Star
Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)Rising Star (870 reputation)

He actually had an excellent game against City but was outjumped at the far post by RG - leading to a goal.

RG will do that to anyone though.

I would certainly take Natta to the Olympics. Wasn't Harry Kewell only 17 when he became a full Socceroo?
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Mr Cleansheets - 9 Apr 2021 4:49 PM
He actually had an excellent game against City but was outjumped at the far post by RG - leading to a goal.

RG will do that to anyone though.

I would certainly take Natta to the Olympics. Wasn't Harry Kewell only 17 when he became a full Socceroo?

You're comparing a once in a generation player to Natta ? 
Mr Cleansheets
Mr Cleansheets
Rising Star

lukerobinho - 9 Apr 2021 5:00 PM
Mr Cleansheets - 9 Apr 2021 4:49 PM

You're comparing a once in a generation player to Natta ? 

Natta's older already than the once in a generation player (re Socceroos selection).

And I'm picking him for the Olyroos - so no, I'm not comparing him with Kewell at all.

Good player though...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search