Aussie consortium want to buy Bohemians Praha 1905

Aussie consortium want to buy Bohemians Praha 1905

Author
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The link is worth the click and the club already has an unique Australian identity.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/czech-mate-aussie-consortium-in-talks-to-turn-prague-s-kangaroos-into-european-power-20210430-p57nv3.html

Remote Control
Remote Control
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

You  Really   haveto  to wonder    WHAT   are  F .A  doing  to  get    this  type   invest ment   from  A ustralians    in  A.U.S.T.R.A.I.LA.N    Football . 

Anything ? 

Any one?
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Remote Control - 30 Apr 2021 5:14 PM
You  Really   haveto  to wonder    WHAT   are  F .A  doing  to  get    this  type   invest ment   from  A ustralians    in  A.U.S.T.R.A.I.LA.N    Football . 

Anything ? 

Any one?

You’re actually spot on but f*%k me you are annoying. 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

josh sydneyfc - 30 Apr 2021 6:04 PM

You’re actually spot on but f*%k me you are annoying. 

FA don't own the league so getting new people to buy and own clubs isn't their responsibility.
Edited
3 Years Ago by sub007
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

sub007 - 30 Apr 2021 6:05 PM
josh sydneyfc - 30 Apr 2021 6:04 PM

FA don't own the league so getting new people to buy and own clubs isn't their responsibility.

But he’s right in the sense that aussies should be investing in Aussie clubs, not overseas ones. That’s how I read it anyway. 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

josh sydneyfc - 30 Apr 2021 6:09 PM
sub007 - 30 Apr 2021 6:05 PM

But he’s right in the sense that aussies should be investing in Aussie clubs, not overseas ones. That’s how I read it anyway. 

They should be , but the licence fee here is ridiculous expensive and prohibitive .
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Well I’ve found a new team to support. Even if the take over doesn’t happen 
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)Hardcore Fan (289 reputation)

A London club with a local sizable Aussie expat contingent almost made sense, this doesn't.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sub007 - 30 Apr 2021 4:51 PM

Hahahahahah this f#ckers hypocrisy has no limits....  Championing the establishment of an "ethnic club" in another country and actively death riding them in Australia...  Vince you lickspittle corner store hack, Didiluka and co aren't gonna give you a job reporting in "Praha" 
 Glad to see the Czech people are such tolerant and wonderful human beings, allowing a club to so blatantly display Australian ethnic symbology in their own first division knowing full well that an ethnic Czech club in Australia would not be welcome at all, by the racist bogan and self loathing wogs in this country.
sub007
sub007
World Class

Monoethnic Social Club - 30 Apr 2021 10:57 PM

Hahahahahah this f#ckers hypocrisy has no limits....  Championing the establishment of an "ethnic club" in another country and actively death riding them in Australia...  Vince you lickspittle corner store hack, Didiluka and co aren't gonna give you a job reporting in "Praha" 
 Glad to see the Czech people are such tolerant and wonderful human beings, allowing a club to so blatantly display Australian ethnic symbology in their own first division knowing full well that an ethnic Czech club in Australia would not be welcome at all, by the racist bogan and self loathing wogs in this country.

Apple and Oranges, just as nonsensical as your comparison of the A-League and ESL.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sub007 - 30 Apr 2021 11:07 PM

Apple and Oranges, just as nonsensical as your comparison of the A-League and ESL.

Why? A club with a wallaby on its crest, renamed in honour of an Australian tour 100 years ago, with a fanbase who see themselves as culturally connected to Australia, and now being bought by Australian investors with the aim of promoting (warehousing and then selling more like it) Australian talent.... I think it would be very hard for your average, mainstream  Czech person to feel included in such a club....  what if the fans start singing "Gimme a home amongst the gum trees", can you imagine how offensive that would be to a Czech?
I would dearly love to hear how this is "apples and oranges? In fact it is even worse because clubs like Croatia, Hellas, Marconi, Apia, Juve etc never selected players based on one ethnicity whilst this club seems to have been  bought for just that racist, exclusionary purpose.....
Oh and apart from the fact that ESL , only lasted for 3 days, had 30 billion dollars,  better teams and better everything , how else was it different from Aleague? 
sub007
sub007
World Class

Monoethnic Social Club - 30 Apr 2021 11:23 PM
sub007 - 30 Apr 2021 11:07 PM

Why? A club with a wallaby on its crest, renamed in honour of an Australian tour 100 years ago, with a fanbase who see themselves as culturally connected to Australia, and now being bought by Australian investors with the aim of promoting (warehousing and then selling more like it) Australian talent.... I think it would be very hard for your average, mainstream  Czech person to feel included in such a club....  what if the fans start singing "Gimme a home amongst the gum trees", can you imagine how offensive that would be to a Czech?
I would dearly love to hear how this is "apples and oranges? In fact it is even worse because clubs like Croatia, Hellas, Marconi, Apia, Juve etc never selected players based on one ethnicity whilst this club seems to have been  bought for just that racist, exclusionary purpose.....
Oh and apart from the fact that ESL , only lasted for 3 days, had 30 billion dollars,  better teams and better everything , how else was it different from Aleague? 

It's very simple. The club went on a tour to Australia and were gifted a kangaroo and that has been part of their identity ever since. They obviously appeal to the locals and aren't only welcoming to Australians. In fact, nearly all of their fans are probably Czech. That is very different from a small minority of ethnic clubs (most ethic clubs are welcoming from what I've seen on here) for example who are formed by members of a  a certain group and aren't particularly welcome to others outside of that group. It's a very clear distinction to anyone who doesn't have an axe to grind.

"I would dearly love to hear how this is "apples and oranges? In fact it is even worse because clubs like Croatia, Hellas, Marconi, Apia, Juve etc never selected players based on one ethnicity whilst this club seems to have been  bought for just that racist, exclusionary purpose...." 

Owners often like to sign players from their nationality, for example Martin Lee signed Ma Leilei for the Jets and Man City's former owners signed some Thai players. It doesn't mean they are solely going to sign players from a certain nationality, just a couple. Again another silly argument.

Also to your last point, it's once again incredibly obvious to those who don't have an agenda or an axe to grind. The ESL tried to break up the pyramid in Europe, the other is trying to build a pyramid by creating a financially viable professional competition. It's up to the AAFC and FFA to get a second division up and running and the FFA to enforce pro-rel but we probably should stay on topic.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I won't believe until I see it.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

There’s a great book about the history of football in south Australia that covers this team. 

You can also spot the occasional Aussie flag at there games in Czech. 

TheDjentleman
TheDjentleman
Hacker
Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)

This would be a fun Football Manager 2022 save if it goes through.

Everybodys favourite lurker.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators

It was a Czech-based club, Melbourne Slavia, that beat an AFL (then VFL) all-star team 8-0 back in the day.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

paladisious - 1 May 2021 2:38 PM

It was a Czech-based club, Melbourne Slavia, that beat an AFL (then VFL) all-star team 8-0 back in the day.

Way way before my time but yeah I have heard about it.... almost made Jack "captain blood" Dyer cry apparently :). Would have been soooo good to see.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2021 11:13 PM

Way way before my time but yeah I have heard about it.... almost made Jack "captain blood" Dyer cry apparently :). Would have been soooo good to see.

We’re not to different you and I we both love football 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 1 May 2021 8:29 AM
There’s a great book about the history of football in south Australia that covers this team. 

You can also spot the occasional Aussie flag at there games in Czech. 

Bloody ethnics...... I hope they don't start any trouble with other teams the local media will have a field day and call for the introduction of an NCIP.... 
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Anything ? 

Any one?

What does football in Australia have to offer those who want to invest in a football club??

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Dyer was a guest at Melbourne Slavia's Dockerty Cup win and was amicable on the day but slammed the community in his opinion column afterwards calling it a soft game for girls, so the gauntlet was thrown down. Ron Barassi injured himself sliding in like an idiot for an easily avoided tackle and was stretchered off the field in this "girl's game". It led to the end of his career, and the bitterness and fear of football is clearly still with him.
nick1408
nick1408
Amateur
Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)

paladisious - 2 May 2021 7:13 AM

Dyer was a guest at Melbourne Slavia's Dockerty Cup win and was amicable on the day but slammed the community in his opinion column afterwards calling it a soft game for girls, so the gauntlet was thrown down. Ron Barassi injured himself sliding in like an idiot for an easily avoided tackle and was stretchered off the field in this "girl's game". It led to the end of his career, and the bitterness and fear of football is clearly still with him.

Thanks for mentioning this - I didn't know it happened. While it was quite dumb for the VFL players to agree to the game (they had no chance in a sport they don't play) it would have been great to see the likes of Barassi, Baldock, Bulldog Murray and co having a run around.

Dyer could be very black and white in his views (I probably shouldn't say that - Dyer did once say he didn't watch black and white TV because he hated Collingwood so much) and was very much a showman. It seems like Hammy McMeechan was a pretty good guy too. Nice of the Slavia guys to help out the VFL guys. Too bad something like this wouldn't happen again but it's one of those things that is nice to look back on.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

nick1408 - 2 May 2021 1:49 PM

Thanks for mentioning this - I didn't know it happened. While it was quite dumb for the VFL players to agree to the game (they had no chance in a sport they don't play) it would have been great to see the likes of Barassi, Baldock, Bulldog Murray and co having a run around.

Dyer could be very black and white in his views (I probably shouldn't say that - Dyer did once say he didn't watch black and white TV because he hated Collingwood so much) and was very much a showman. It seems like Hammy McMeechan was a pretty good guy too. Nice of the Slavia guys to help out the VFL guys. Too bad something like this wouldn't happen again but it's one of those things that is nice to look back on.

Here's an article in The Age about it, now that the thread is completely derailed: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/the-game-that-never-happened-20091014-ge856i.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1
Edited
3 Years Ago by paladisious
nick1408
nick1408
Amateur
Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)

paladisious - 2 May 2021 1:56 PM

Here's an article in The Age about it, now that the thread is completely derailed: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/the-game-that-never-happened-20091014-ge856i.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Cheers - also read an article on Optus Sport about it
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Is Barassi a coach or something, I recollect a Barassi guy coaching the Swans or Giants, one of the Sydney teams awhile back. Never heard of the others.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

robbos - 2 May 2021 8:03 PM

Is Barassi a coach or something, I recollect a Barassi guy coaching the Swans or Giants, one of the Sydney teams awhile back. Never heard of the others.

Was a coach but also a former player . 
Avoxtionly
Avoxtionly
Super Fan
Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)

After finding out that there's a club in Czech republic with an Australian connection, does anyone know if there's any other clubs around the world with connections to Australia?
sub007
sub007
World Class

Avoxtionly - 2 May 2021 9:31 PM
After finding out that there's a club in Czech republic with an Australian connection, does anyone know if there's any other clubs around the world with connections to Australia?

Tasmania Berlin.

It's predecessor is the worst Bundesliga team of all time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SC_Tasmania_1900_Berlin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SV_Tasmania_Berlin

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 30 Apr 2021 8:31 PM
Well I’ve found a new team to support. Even if the take over doesn’t happen 

I knew the club logo seemed familiar and pans out some of their fans visited Lakeside 7 years ago now although I must confess I can't remember talking to any of them I do remember the Green Wallaby flag and the Czech flag .....
https://southmelbournefc.blogspot.com/2014/09/bureaucrat-and-bohemians-south.html?m=1
Small world... did they go to any other clubs when they where here? Great story
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 1 May 2021 11:15 PM

We’re not to different you and I we both love football 

Mate, two peas in a pod I reckon... 🤣😂🤣😂
Love the stupid game more than is normal, and my club with it.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search