You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
mk0825 wrote:
Fuck yes. People who play music out loud in a public place.

one thing that does piss me off is Lads, who get on a Bus, haul emselves on to the back seat, glare at everyone as if they own the fucking bench, then pull out their phones (that are most likely stolen) and then play Hip Hop and R&B on full volume, and think their cool and imtimidating, that does REALLY piss the shit outta me

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Definitely AWTA.

Both the playing music out loud, and the people Heineken mentioned.

Edited by Funky Munky: 3/5/2009 09:12:36 PM
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Funky Munky wrote:
Definitely AWTA.

Both the playing music out loud, and the people Heineken mentioned.

Edited by Funky Munky: 3/5/2009 09:12:36 PM

You have just described Lidcombe station to me :lol:. I get that every day.
socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Lads in general Grind my fucking gears.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

It's hilarious walking into the Nautica store at Haymarket... "How does this one look?" "looks good mate." Probably the only place they don't act tough.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Ricky Hatton.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

martyB wrote:
It's hilarious walking into the Nautica store at Haymarket... "How does this one look?" "looks good bro." Probably the only place they don't act tough.

Fixed:p
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

what grinds my gears is tha stupid idiots ie theoh mah gawd bros down st albans/sunshine way give me greasys when i walk down there with my wife !! they look at me lioke what are u doing wif her shit.. and they look at my wife in disgust ..just irks me that they make it they business when clearly my wife and me and our familes dont care if im filo and shes bosnian so why should they??
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Lost me there :lol:

Edited by imnofreak: 3/5/2009 10:04:21 PM
socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend

Quote:
What grinds my gears is the stupid idiots i.e the "mah gawd" bros down st albans/sunshine way that give me dirties when i walk down there with my wife!! They look at me like "what are u doing with her shit"... and they look at my wife in disgust...just annoys me that they make it their business when clearly my wife and me and our familes don't care if im Filipino and she's Bosnian so why should they??

Fixed for you imno :P
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

socceroos_fan wrote:
Quote:
What grinds my gears is the stupid idiots i.e Theo my god brother down st albans/sunshine way that give me dirties when i walk down there with my wife!! They look at me like "what are u doing with her and shit"... and they look at my wife in disgust...just annoys me that they make it their business when clearly I, my wife and our familes don't care if im Filipino and she's Bosnian so why should they??

Fixed for you imno :P

Thats what I thought it was.
socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend

Haha so did i for a sec. I thought of Theo Walcott and was like "No...it couldn't be could it?" :P
Legend

Cant we just round up all the lads and lass'and throw them off a cliff
morgan234
morgan234
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

chicks expecting you to be able to read there mind about everything and anything even though you haven't known them for all that long
and you having to find out from there friends that they aren't ready for a relationship atm cause there life has changed so much at this time and they want everything to work out

like i completely understand why she isn't ready to commit fully to a relationship at this time but did i have to find out from her friends, why couldn't she just tell me herself :x
and i want to be friends with her still so in the future there is the chance of us going out and apparently she still wants to be friends
but how do i find a balance when i still have strong feelings for her

and the whole having to fit in with certain people, if you have to change to be part of them why the fuck bother. why can't people just be themselves and get accepted for what they are

and why the fuck am i telling some of the things that are hurting me most to people who i don't know at all?
](*,)
nr690
nr690
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

I really dislike people who quote and refer to the Darwinism theory. There is a reason its still a theory people, its because there is no evidence to prove it, Just something that makes sense on a very superficial level.

Most people who refer to this theory have never read the book, and just have a superficial understanding of a superficial idea. They have never found any bones or fossils of an animal that is in the middle of adapting/morphing ie the middle of the change, the animal dose not suddenly change, yet according to Darwin it changes a bit by bit yet we have not found any evidence of this.

People may point to the bones of a deformed giraffe as evidence of Darwinism yet that is like pointing out the difference in the bone structure between a criple and a normal man. In the old days cripple or deformed babies were left to die yet there is still the same percantage of people being born deformed.Even Darwin says in his book that if their is no evidence to prove his claims then they should scrap this theory. Yet people will continue with their ignorant ways and slating other peoples believes on this pseudo science.

Edited by nr690: 3/5/2009 11:20:24 PM
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
I hate when that happens nr... :-s :?
Legend

morgan234 wrote:
chicks expecting you to be able to read there mind about everything and anything even though you haven't known them for all that long
and you having to find out from there friends that they aren't ready for a relationship atm cause there life has changed so much at this time and they want everything to work out

like i completely understand why she isn't ready to commit fully to a relationship at this time but did i have to find out from her friends, why couldn't she just tell me herself :x
and i want to be friends with her still so in the future there is the chance of us going out and apparently she still wants to be friends
but how do i find a balance when i still have strong feelings for her

and the whole having to fit in with certain people, if you have to change to be part of them why the fuck bother. why can't people just be themselves and get accepted for what they are

and why the fuck am i telling some of the things that are hurting me most to people who i don't know at all?
](*,)

Mate welcome to the next 15 years of your life. Girls say we are immature (which we are and damn proud of it) but we dont do what they do to peoples feelings. They are just as immature. My advice if you want a relationship with her steer the fuck clear of your friendship becoming platonic and if someone else likes her dont help them get her if you want her.
nr690
nr690
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

mk0825 wrote:
I hate when that happens nr... :-s :?

Fine I will make it a bit more general. I hate people who act like they know what the are talking about yet they only have the most superficial idea about the topic ie just read a little wikepedia article on the topic.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

First one to say Afro gets a gold star.

HEY I GOT A GOLD STAR!
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
First one to say Afro gets a gold star.

HEY I GOT A GOLD STAR!

socceroos_fan
socceroos_fan
Legend

Quote:
Mate welcome to the next 15 years of your life. Girls say we are immature (which we are and damn proud of it) but we dont do what they do to peoples feelings. They are just as immature. My advice if you want a relationship with her steer the fuck clear of your friendship becoming platonic and if someone else likes her dont help them get her if you want her.

:lol: Looks like i don't have a problem then!
Erebus
Erebus
Legend

nr690 wrote:
ie just read a little wikepedia article on the topic.

people that use quote Wiki as their reference :lol: #-o

For release dates of games, transfer news and anything else of that ilk. Wiki is good for general knowledge stuff and a good place to start research, but fuck, don't use it in an essay!

Its good for science, engineering and technology stuff because I've heard its moderated by people within the industry.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Guest wrote:
Cant we just round up all the lads and lass'and throw them off a cliff

When i'm prime minister, im gonna set up a division in the Army that walks around South-Western Sydney, and lad infected places, Glebe, redfern, town hall steps, and shoot them on sight. I'll also allow law-abiding citizens toown guns, and hunt them down as sport $50 per lad.

Erebus
Erebus
Legend

explain to me this "lads" thing. I probably know who you are talking about, haven't heard the term before though.
[/old man]
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

I really hope you aren't being serious.

This is coming off wiki basically, because all your objections have been noted and destroyed for decades, so I'll just paste them in here, it's simpler that way.

nr690 wrote:
I really dislike people who quote and refer to the Darwinism theory. There is a reason its still a theory people, its because there is no evidence to prove it, Just something that makes sense on a very superficial level.

This reflects a misunderstanding of the meaning of theory in a scientific context: whereas in colloquial speech a theory is a conjecture or guess, in science a theory is simply an explanation or model of the world that makes testable predictions. When evolution is used to describe a theory, it refers to an explanation for the diversity of species and their ancestry.

An example of evolution as theory is the modern synthesis of Darwinian natural selection and Mendelian inheritance. As with any scientific theory, the modern synthesis is constantly debated, tested, and refined by scientists. There is an overwhelming consensus in the scientific community that it remains the only robust model that accounts for the known facts concerning evolution.

nr690 wrote:
Most people who refer to this theory have never read the book, and just have a superficial understanding of a superficial idea. They have never found any bones or fossils of an animal that is in the middle of adapting/morphing ie the middle of the change, the animal dose not suddenly change, yet according to Darwin it changes a bit by bit yet we have not found any evidence of this.

Under the conventional biological definition of evolution, it is a simple matter to observe evolution occurring. Evolutionary processes, in the form of populations changing their genetic composition from generation to generation, have been observed in many different scientific contexts, including the evolution of fruit flies and bacteria in laboratory settings, and of tilapia in the field.

Transitional fossils, for example, provide plausible links between several different groups of organisms, such as Archaeopteryx linking birds and dinosaurs, or the recently-discovered Tiktaalik linking fish and limbed amphibians.

Quote:
People may point to the bones of a deformed giraffe as evidence of Darwinism yet that is like pointing out the difference in the bone structure between a criple and a normal man. In the old days cripple or deformed babies were left to die yet there is still the same percantage of people being born deformed. Even Darwin says in his book that if their is no evidence to prove his claims then they should scrap this theory. Yet people will continue with their ignorant ways and slating other peoples believes on this pseudo science.

I've shown earlier what evidence there is (so you can throw out your "Darwin said blah blah" because there is evidence. Your girrafe/cripple idea makes no sense at all, and has nothing to do with evolution at all.

Please actually look up some information on Evolution, I don't know if you are simply trolling, or that you have been spoon fed this rubbish by your parents or a priest/church or school, but you are clearly incorrect.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Erebus wrote:
explain to me this "lads" thing. I probably know who you are talking about, haven't heard the term before though.
[/old man]

A lad is basically a teenager, usually aged beetween 11-30 who's parents, were neglected as kids themselves, are usually druggies, or alcaholics, and got knocked up at 15,16,or 17. The parents are usually on the dole, and they really don't give a fuck about their kids. The kids have money thrown at them so they don't bother the parents (if you can call em that). They go out and steal (occasionally they'll buy) clothing made my bands such as Nike, Adidas, and Nautica. They act all tough, (try to be gangstas) and usually hog back seats on busses. They are the ones that "Tag" the backseats of busses, and scratch tags into the windows, they usually smoke and drink heavy spirits to act tough, and talk gangsta talk. There average topic when talking to each other is the "c**t they knocked the shit outta last week, running from the pigs (police) and who they wanna bash next. They usually drop outta school at year 10, after having no interest in school ever since they started. They usually go to Public Schools, this is one of the main reasons Australia's public schools get such a bad rap.

Aside from talking about the c**t they bashed last week, everyone knows they cant fight on their own, they have to have 5 or 6 of their so called "Bro's" by their side. If you fought one on one with them, the first punch you'd land, would leave them tearing down the street, crying their hearts out.

They also tend to make Youtube videos of them on beaches in their lad clothing, drinking lots, and holding knives, guns (which are usually replicas)

The female "lads" are called "lasses"
In England (where ir originated) there called Chavs

Edited by Heineken: 4/5/2009 10:40:06 AM

Erebus
Erebus
Legend

All you had to say was Chav and I would know what you mean.

Since when did the term lad come about? Never heard it in this context before.

Your description is a cross between a bogan and a wannabe tryhard gangsta.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Yeah, I've never heard the term "lad" before either. That description does describe a few kids around where I live.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Shire is full of lads.
deportivo1985
deportivo1985
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

Thank Funky. Sounds like my kinda thread. Where to start?

[rant]
- Architects. Read Ball-Breakers in general. Always asking for the hardest possible options and then still arnt happy. I usually feel like going into a Hulk fit after dealing with them. :x

- Bogans: Got them at work and they absolutley burn my arse. One here is a real hero and talks about how he goes pig shooting with his mates. Also likes to brag about how he tortures them before killing them off. Hope this guy gets hit by a 747.

- Head of NSW Operations:He's an Australian who has spent 20 years abroad(China and USA...he is 60 btw) and all he ever does is complain about how much he hates Australia. "I cant believe how lazy Australians are. American salesmen would jump in front of a truck to make a sale" or "Technology here is shit. I China blady fucking blah". Bitches all day long. Why doesnt he just leave if he hates it so much. Also refer to my hate for young and old imigrants(or descendants of imigrants) who claim to hate Australia and love their "homeland".

- Women who talk like men. If you dont know what Im talking about, watch that Ladette's show on nine. I mean WTF? Some are lookers, but as soon as they start talking like they'd fit in at a pissing comp, its instant soft time.

- Gossip. Both in office and in general. Who gives a shit. Nosey people shit me in general. Thats why, If I were King, I'd subject Kyle and Jackie O, as well as a big chunk of the News Corp journos, to execution by Gladiators.

- Inconsiderate smokers. Im not a smoker, but Im not one to judge those who do. Its your choice, but dont subject others to your second hand smoke. Hate the smell and find it really rude(my mates know exactly how much it burns me and laugh their arses off when it happens, because they know what im thinking).

- Having lost my license(consistent speeding FYI) and still knowing Im a better driver than most. I constantly have facepalm moments when sitting shotgun and watching some of the drivers allowed on the roads.

- Im a football fanatic and everything I do has some element to football about it. My brother used to "like" football(stopped following it when Chelsea became Chelski) and just found out that Zidane had retired...yet he still hands me my arse in FIFA 09. He is a XBOX freak. Kills any game he plays and knows little about football strategy but still manages to dribble my team and belt me. Why God?!:x

- Working in Customer Service. My company employs factory workers according to how incompetent they are...and im left as the one the customer calls to yell at. The majority dont get to bad(they soon realise that all Im doing is making excuses for their mistakes) but still cop shit from the others. FML.

- People who talk to you while your on another call. WTF? I dont think I need any further explanation to that one. ](*,)

[/rant]
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search