marconi's Games Thread

marconi's Games Thread

Author
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Erebus wrote:
You need to play MGS1, since MGS4 kinda follows what happens in that moreso than what happens in MGS2. Either that or read about it online somewhere first ;)

Yeah that was the plan, Since I don't think I'll be stumbling across any copies of MGS1 soon:p
charonis
charonis
Amateur
Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)

MGS1 may or may not be available for download as a PSN title... I know it is in the US store, not sure about the EU/AU store though.

Or just download the MGS Database from PSN which has absolutely everything you need to know, and IIRC it doesn't show any MGS4 things until you finish the game.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Is there a release date for Fifa 11? Thinking that, seeing as I didn't get Fifa 10 today, might just hold out until the new edition comes out.

EDIT: Nvrmind. 28th of September.

Edited by Funky Munky: 8/7/2010 07:40:18 PM
skipppy
skipppy
Amateur
Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
Is there a release date for Fifa 11? Thinking that, seeing as I didn't get Fifa 10 today, might just hold out until the new edition comes out.

EDIT: Nvrmind. 28th of September.

Edited by Funky Munky: 8/7/2010 07:40:18 PM

could get the world cup for $44 to hold you over
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

charonis wrote:
MGS1 may or may not be available for download as a PSN title... I know it is in the US store, not sure about the EU/AU store though.

It is. Just watching it download now :D

So, I'll have MGS1. I have MGS2: Sons of Liberty. I've played, and will be purchasing MGS3. Is there anything else I need to cover?:p

Also, Does anyone have experience changing their NAT type on the PS3? It's currently at Type 3, which I know is strict. I'm running wireless, so I want to change it to Type 2. I followed some instructions I found online to set port forwarding on my router, but that didn't seem to work.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Can't change your NAT type on the PS3. Cos it's shit.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

avy1990 wrote:
Can't change your NAT type on the PS3. Cos it's shit.

I had this exact same problem on the 360 :p
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Maybe it's the users fault.. 8-[
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

The greatest strikes again....and by that I don't mean avy

[youtube]56JJjfUpkn4[/youtube]

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Lol console fps.
charonis
charonis
Amateur
Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)Amateur (623 reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
It is. Just watching it download now :D

So, I'll have MGS1. I have MGS2: Sons of Liberty. I've played, and will be purchasing MGS3. Is there anything else I need to cover?:p

Best.

If you're a real completionist you should probably take a look at MGS: Portable Ops on PSP (if you have one). Not 100% essential to the storyline, but you get to play as Big Boss again and it gives you more background into his story (likewise with MGS: Peace Walker that just came out, but since it came out after MGS4 I wouldn't worry about it just yet until you finish MGS4; still have to buy that one actually...)

And you could always get the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake on an MSX emulator, lol :) (MG2 is actually a pretty damn good game)

FYI, my order of MGS awesomeness is MGS3, MGS1, MGS4, MGS2. Don't get me wrong, MGS4 is freaking brilliant and blows MGS2 out of the water, but MGS3 and MGS1 are just a bit more brilliant :)
anth
anth
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

I remember when MGS 1 came out it was fucking insane. No better game then it.

It was like when Tenchu came out on PS. I used to LUURRRRVVVV Tenchu! That was the most revolutionary platform game in it's time.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Brand Spankin' New Bump!

Whose up for some Modded Warfail 2?

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

Marty, you need to get over those Javelins mate:p
anth
anth
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Been smashing some COD and FIFA 10 today... now that I'm all clued up about FIFA 11 I think FIFA 10 has lost a little of it's romance.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

IT has returned.
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend

I bought a new video card last week (Gigabyte 5870), and finally been able to get Battlefield BC2 working well enough to play (and it doesn't crash anymore), not doing to bad. Finished unlocked everything for Recon and Engineer, now I'm playing Assault to get the good guns. I hate the snow maps though, I just suck at them for some reason. The desert maps I'm fine, can get 2 and 3 KDR sometimes, snow maps I get destroyed by invisible snipers.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
Javelin/RPG + Scavenger = lolz + dislike from marconi
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

martyB wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

I was part of that triple kill you got on Estate, although that's still not as good as the headshot i got on you at the start of that battle:P
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

I've been spamming NHL 08 again.

Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Trophy whoring Transformers: War for Cybertron.
martyB
martyB
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
martyB wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

I was part of that triple kill you got on Estate, although that's still not as good as the headshot i got on you at the start of that battle:P
Really? Remind me, because I didn't realise you and Tiny were in the game until Underpass - when we were all on the same team. :lol:
martyB
martyB
Legend

So, has anyone played Heavy Rain? I'm thinking about hiring it, but I'm trying to avoid Blockbuster because I have about $50 in late fees owing. :P And I definitely don't want to buy it, being a movie-like RPG and all.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

Haha, it was the match before that I think, on Estate. We'd just started, and you were running down the driveway. I was in that small house opposite.
martyB
martyB
Legend

LOL I vaguely remember. I think I was talking to someone when that happened.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

martyB wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

:lol: :lol:

tiny455
tiny455
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

If we can all get online at same time, would be good.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

I'm out all week, Sunday and Thursday are probs my best bet

ducky42
ducky42
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

GT is DUCKY42

I'm usually playing Fifa World Cup and seem to be slowly working my way through Red Dead Redemption. I let my mate borrow it and he's already finished it :lol:
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Time for some MW2, party up, etc...

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search