Inside Sport

Socceroo Brazil match stats

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2006398.aspx

By Decentric - 11 Aug 2014 11:36 PM

I've just completed the Chile game.

When I've done the Dutch and Spanish fixtures, I'll put all of them in an archive in Performance section. I'll also put them in the Australian section.

For those seduced by equating the best players at international level, playing in the best leagues, it certain didn't extrapolate in the Chile game. Jedda, ostensibly our player playing in the best league, the EPL, had little influence by his standards. Oar was very quiet too.

As I looked at replays closely, Cahill's second half goal disallowed was the correct decision. However, he should have had two clear cut penalties. After dominating us in the first half, Chile's full pressing and intensive squeezing took its toll in the second half. They ran out of gas. Australia probably should've won, although outclassed in the first half.

Edited by Decentric: 11/8/2014 11:37:01 PM
By grazorblade - 28 Aug 2014 1:30 AM

oar had a poor season last year but was outstanding the year before, 7th best in the eredivisie. He has started this season well with a man of the match performance against feyenoord though still looked occasionally rusty and queit

last season he had a back injury all year and he played through the pain