By paladisious - 21 Jan 2015 12:58 PM

Friday 23 January 17:30 Canberra Stadium

Edited by paladisious: 21/1/2015 01:19:10 PM
By chinese_player - 24 Jan 2015 5:50 PM

thewitness wrote:
Draupnir wrote:
roary's mane wrote:
Ben Williams is gpnna be lucky to make it through the night haha

FFA should take note and realise the bloke is fucking clueless. Back to the NPL.

The biggest problem here is that Williams will not get punished or even marked down in the referee's assessment as according to the rule book what he did (yellow card for simulation) was technically correct. It's just that the timing was unfortunate for Iran that a referee finally got sick of the grass rolling and decided to punish it. If Williams had remembered that he had already booked Pooladi I'm sure he would have used common sense (although I'm not sure how much of this Ben Williams possesses) and let him off with a warning, It's just that he had forgotten or mistook his identity at the 2nd yellow.
Pooladi has to take some of the blame for going down clutching his face and screaming like a little girl from a light push to the chest directly in front of the referee, knowing he had already been booked, The referee asked him to get up twice and he still stayed down. All Pooladi was trying to do was get the Iraqi keeper sent off, so it's quite ironic that his cheating ended up costing his team the match.

I want to add the yellow could be awarded based on delay of restarting the game. Looks to me the ref tried to persuade Pouladi to get up and continue the game but Pouladi refused. If it's based on unsporting conduct maybe the goal keeper should also get one. It did not look that way. The ref may consider this is a non-issue and will let it go, until Pouladi refused to get up.