Inside Sport

♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion Thread ♔ ♕ ♚ ♛

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2193189.aspx

By TheSelectFew - 29 Jun 2015 6:34 PM

Australia U17/U20/U23 National Team Tournaments & Discussion Thread.
By Quicky - 23 Apr 2024 9:46 PM

LFC. - 23 Apr 2024 11:27 AM
Quicky - 22 Apr 2024 10:28 PM

Our coaching was poor ok.
Disagree with Merricks comments ok.
Doesn't Merrick have some nouse about players and the game with all his experience ?
I seem to recall he coached a pretty damn good winning MV.

Therefore lets consider all these current players have been coached pretty good through their AL careers to date, from Jnrs to Snrs.
Alot of coaching and playing Snr games.
Considering we didn't score 1 goal and obviously Vidmars tournament instructions didn't suit, has "individualism" been coached out of these budding up and coming wonders ?
Surely there is one or 2 kids who can take on a low block defense dribble past 2 and shoot f ya.
Are they trained to stick to the plan like I watch AL week in week out.
I have watched Volpato last couple of years take defense's on even score for eg, he was let go by 2 AL clubs.

It's an interesting comment about individuality. I remember the Toure brothers old man saying something along those lines. Encouraged his boys to show their personalties on the field because no-one else was encouraging it.  

I reckon Irankunda would have helped. Our defence held up and Irankunda is good for some goals. There were obviously other issues too and not trying to say he's the saviour. He may have also struggled in Vidmars system but we'd have had better odds with him out there imo. 

Most of our players who could unpick a defence were left in Europe or injured. Volpato, Robertson, Bos, Nieuwenhof all would have been handy.