Inside Sport

Is there any interest in me doing a thread/database of categorised training drills and manuals? Also

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2225248.aspx

By Draupnir - 14 Sep 2015 1:44 AM

Hey guys. So I've been going back through the coaching badges thread and updating it - sorry I haven't been in there for a while, thesis work is difficult - and I got to thinking about the academy sessions sticky. It is also a bit outdated with a lot of the files missing, and not in great shape in regards to categorisation.

I have a pretty decent collection of team sessions, independent coaching sessions from schools and individuals, as well as some academic papers that use various methods to analyse games.

Also want to put the feelers out on an idea I've been having. I'm thinking about starting a YouTube channel that will feature videos that explain tactics, tactical situations, formations and possibly some exercises. The videos will be created by me using the information contained in any decent books and guides I can get my hands on, other than what I already have. I already have a decently successful YouTube channel (not football focussed) so it's not an entirely new realm for me to go into.

I'd be interested in knowing;

a) Do you already watch similar videos? There is a dearth of material out there in easily digestible form.
b) Would you be interested in helping via providing either background materials (PDFs, etc) or even helping create content?
c) Most importantly, what would you suggest that the videos focus on? Analysis of past games? Tactical situations? Training exercises? History of the game (ie; development of formation/positional play? If you think it should focus on everything, say so, but please let me know which kind of material you would like to see most often and prioritised.

Thanks.

Edited by Draupnir: 14/9/2015 01:59:56 AM
By theFOOTBALLlover - 15 Sep 2015 2:13 PM

Draupnir wrote:
Thanks for the feedback TFL and D. You'll both be happy to know that I have all of the academy sessions! I am not sure about their, uh, nature in regards to copyright, but I can point to publicly available drives in any case.

My idea for the YouTube channel in regards to training exercises was to have an overhead view of a pitch, with animated circles/symbols representing players, a la 2D mode in Football Manager. Doing it this way gives me endless opportunities in creating any number of exercise videos, in contrast to have a set of players run through 1000 drills while being filmed. Thoughts? The FFA content on YouTube is pretty lacklustre to say the least.

It would be great to see someone analyse how a team plays in all four phases - BP, BPO, transition into attack/defense. In terms of sessions for that, the user could also design it based on the information you have provided.