Inside Sport

Superstition

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2325080.aspx

By Post_hoc - 9 Mar 2016 2:50 PM

Not really a performance (well then again maybe it is) as this is the only real place to post about non professional (or semi professional) games.

I play in an over 35's game and the season is about to start again, which I reckon I look forward to as much as my kids (the youngest is playing is his first year of proper football, under 6's)

We had our first run around with a new team last week and as usual put on my 'old' boots, afterwards my heel is still a bit sore, not convinced that it is the Plantar Fasciitis that I have had before, I think this time is is simply bruising from the hard ground.

Which means this week I might have to go back to my new boots which seem to handle hard grounds better, I stopped wearing the new boots after I partially tore my ACL last year. I didn't wear them after that because I associated the bloody things with pain, pain and more pain.

So got me thinking what superstitions do you have or you have heard football players as having.
By Post_hoc - 7 Apr 2016 12:11 PM

scotty21 wrote:
Have to sit in a corner seat of the change rooms

Edited by scotty21: 7/4/2016 11:17:44 AM

wow aren't you hoity toit privilege with seats and change rooms :lol:

If we are lucky we get some koppers logs under a tree, but usually just a piece of grass.