Inside Sport

Languages Thread

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2325092.aspx

By pv4 - 9 Mar 2016 2:58 PM

Just a random thread.

What languages do we speak?

If you speak multiple in the above poll, just choose your favourite or most obscure option.

And post below - are your other languages your native language, if not then why did you learn it, how much have you learnt by travel, can you speak & write & read each language you know, etc?

For me, I learnt an extremely brief amount of Spanish for when I travelled to Peru. Basically just the Lonely Planet guidebook to help me out of awkward-traveller situations. But I've kept the interest, and plan to learn it more thoroughly from now on. My eventual plan is to completely learn Spanish, then learn German (a language that has interested me since high school) and then learn Croatian because my plan is to retire on the Croatian coastline.

What about you guys?
By TheSelectFew - 11 Mar 2019 6:09 PM

johnszasz - 7 Mar 2019 7:37 AM
TheSelectFew - 6 Mar 2019 9:42 PM

Good stuff. I tell my English students that language is everywhere. It's a tool for life. It never stops. When out and about be curious. Ask yourself what that object is in the language you're learning. When you hear something in English or think of a situation, ask yourself how you'd communicate that in the language your learning. 

Well done mate.

Inspiring people regardless of age the importance of languages is vital. Keep us informed of the progress. As well as your German;)