Inside Sport

Positives of 442 forum

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2344578.aspx

By Decentric - 13 Apr 2016 10:07 AM

I'm going to start this thread as there are reasons that many of us keep posting here.

1. I love Joffa and his cohorts' stats thread. If we are not at a game, our perception from looking at crowds on TV can often be wrong. Fans can often sit on the same side of the ground as the TV cameras.

I love seeing objective data - in this case crowds. I've also been pleased that despite the football haters, like Rebecca Wilson, the HAL and many aspects of the local game are working. Joffa's crowd thread supports this notion.

2. Voice Of Reason's Aussie Abroad thread.

I love seeing all the updated info on what is occurring overseas. ATM I'm less interested, because many of the leagues Aussies play in overseas are not decidedly better than the HAL. Giannou said ball circulation was nowhere near as fast in the Greek or C League as in the Socceroos.

3. The Select Few's Underage Socceroo thread.

Often instead of starting a new topic, ongoing discussions are better served in this thread. It is also good for streams of games.

4. The Select Few's senior national team Socceroo thread. Again instead of starting new topics, ongoing discussion is better served in this thread.

5. The fact that 442 constantly links articles from the 442 home page to the forum creates ongoing football content. I've seen another football forum gradually implode with no articles linked to the forum that generates ongoing football discussion.

442 may not be perfect, but it creates an opportunity to discuss football in Australia beyond one's home states.

Edited by Decentric: 13/4/2016 10:08:14 AM
By Decentric - 5 May 2016 9:56 AM

I've said it before, but the articles that posters cut and paste from other football sources outside 442 and TWG are really informative.

ATM I can only access this forum with slow internet speed and IPad and IPhone access. The IPhone is too small to post, so all the info coming in from other sites is much appreciated.

My circumstances could continue for months, so any Oz football news outside the big two sources is much appreciated folks.