Inside Sport

Any Active Surfers here ?

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2392839.aspx

By LFC. - 5 Aug 2016 2:01 PM

Its looking like there is......
I'm from the pioneering days guys, well lets say pre Pro Tour, lived breathed it as it was happening.
Less crowds
Locals ruled
Park anywhere at no charge
No leggies - to rope with rubber slipped over to urethane.
Single fins to twins to thrusters - mals were for old codgers.
Knee boards, known as cripples back in the day - can I say that now ?!
Surf Life Savers were clubbie enemies.
Surf films ruled.
When Byron was the mecca of the North in more ways than one lol.....now pathetically known for schoolies.
Watched some of the pioneers win contests from Bells to North Narra to Kirra.
McTavish,Peterson,Lynch,Col Smith,Fitzy,Ando,MR,Carroll on and on.....
When Rip Curl Platz Billabong were kings and only worn by us so called dope smoking bums - what low life lol......pre Quicksilver wasn't even around back then.
A absolutely fantastic amazing aussie past time and experience to behold.
Still actively getting out there - bring on daylight savings.
So, tell us what/where your into.
By TheSelectFew - 8 Aug 2016 10:58 PM

LFC. - 8 Aug 2016 9:47 PM
TSF, I have experienced many "perfect" sessions over my time, depending on the conditions/place/type of break etc it can look so perfecto but bite you at the same time lol.....
If your caught in the wrong zone your punishment sometimes can put the fear of god in you.

Surf snob , yer grew out of that long time ago thankfully, yer its mad, watch some of those guys with those hand fins, they rip it alright.
I've done it for the heck between the flags, got to get your timing right getting into one mad feeling sliding on your belly and at times get absolutely smashed in one those full of sand grinders, and I hate the sand all over me lol........

Trust me, I've made my peace with god.