Inside Sport

Ange Postecoglou - Changing The Game ( Football in Oz Through My Eyes)

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2429275.aspx

By Decentric - 15 Oct 2016 9:20 AM

This book is such a definitive book in Australian football, it needs its own thread rather than  posting it in the thread on football books.

This topic is in the  Australian section. Unfortunately,  a lot of the coaching content and how Ange has changed football practices has been derailed.

The other book that was similar in stature was in  cricket. Bob Simpson  took over the national Test team in the mid eighties when they were at rock bottom. Simpson had to force national team players out of their comfort zone and regenerate it. In Ange's case he had to do this at Roar.

With the Socceroos Ange was keen to change the mentality. His onus was to  take the game right up to any opponent and not accept we are not as good and become complacent about results.
By Decentric - 14 Feb 2017 9:14 AM

biscuitman1871 - 13 Feb 2017 6:27 PM
Have nearly finished this.  Lots of good stuff among some dross.  The good stuff seems to be pretty much Ange's words, whereas the dross is quite clearly Andy Harper.  I am unable to read parts of the book without having his voice in my head.

It is some time since I've finished, but thought most of the book was very interesting from an Aussie perspective.

What are you finding good/useful?

What are the parts you dislike?