Inside Sport

Hide users feature

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2468418.aspx

By Strikers94 - 4 Jan 2017 2:36 PM

Is there a feature to hide users and their posts? If not, can the admins implement one?

Any thread remotely related to crowds, ratings or tv deals is usually spammed by an AFL troll using multiple accounts.
Any thread remotely related to expansion is spammed by one user.

It's at the point where it's impossible to have a decent discussion on these topics without getting derailed.
By Decentric - 8 Jul 2017 10:33 AM

This muting works wonderfully.

I disagree with McJules. He thinks it is counterproductive informing other members they've been muted. I've reinstated three, because they weren't perpetual stalkers and there was a willingness to be reinstated. I think informing  them sometimes  makes them reappraise  the way they operate over a few weeks or more. Not many post to be ignored or excluded from discussion. 

If some people  generally participate  to annoy most posters, or target a few posters to annoy, the mute mechanism simply takes obnoxious  posters out of the game. The mute mechanism is  like a red card. I've rarely used the mute mechanism, but what a great option it is.

I'm quite interested in the diversity of views and personalities that comprise the forum when posters participate constructively . We've picked up quite a few new posters of late who have close links to grass roots and NPL football in regions who have interesting information to share.

Once against thanks to McJules for establishing the mute function.