Inside Sport

For Moderators - Expansion Folder

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2475340.aspx

By Mango - 20 Jan 2017 10:15 AM

Considering all the new expansion threads which keep coming up, could we consider making a sub folder for these threads alone.

I know there is a sticky for expansion threads but like it has been said before - too general in nature, hard to find what you are interested in (each team) and basically people are already posting new threads for each team as they go.

Thoughts?
By Mango - 25 Jan 2017 11:50 PM

Everyone now is pushing for more teams.

I like the idea of a 14 team competion which should happen no later than 2019/20.

We have a lot of interest from a lot of regions (this is healthy!) so there should be enough time and energy spent in developing the A-League into a robust, entertaining package that we can all enjoy.

I think we can all agree staying with ten teams is getting montomous and we need a competition which can always look to the future whilst providing that fundamental excitement we all love of fantastic football.

I was heartened by the ex Socceroos who want more for the A-League. It wasn't that long ago when this same generation only had a glance at the local Australian League and didn't need to comment but how far the league has progressed (and it has - naysayers) that they want this league to get bigger and better.

My personal feelings is that I want as many teams from around Australia to try and participate at the highest level. My only caveat is that it has to be feasible in the long run. That's why we have the FFA, and it's their sacred duty for all lovers of the round game that they can listen to the supporting base of fans and move forward to realizing the goals.

Sitting back and not being proactive is what set Football backwards.