Inside Sport

Things That Make You Laugh...

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2487915.aspx

By Captain Haddock - 17 Feb 2017 3:19 PM

In the similar vein to the WGMG and WFYB threads, this one is devoted to the things/ people that make you laugh- for whatever reason.

I'll get this thread rolling with two:

1) Anybody who uses the terms 'mansplaining' or 'whitesplaining' in an argument, and then wonders why they're not taken seriously...

2) A guy I've known for years, who is your stereotypical new-atheist. Treats 'The God Delusion' like it's gospel, thinks he is smarter and more enlightened than billions of delusional people he's never met (and never will meet), leaps to hasty conclusions about anybody who disagrees with his views and....

......thinks that the Russians hacked the U.S election in favour of Trump and that I'm "either being paid in rubles or a fucking moron" for dismissing the idea as nonsense being peddled by the wounded MSM and the #notmypresident# brigade.

:laugh:
By johnszasz - 11 Mar 2017 12:58 AM

Captain Haddock - 10 Mar 2017 1:39 PM
vanlassen - 27 Feb 2017 12:22 PM

Ahhh yes,

People who expect the whole world delivered to them on a platter for bargain-basement prices...

And I'm not a boomer myself, but...the amount of online "news" sites these days catering to Gen Y/ Millenials has definitely contributed to the number of "enlightened" ones with a ridiculous sense of entitlement, convinced that everybody should shut up and listen to them because their echo chamber tells them so. I'm beginning to understand why so many old people are grumpy, and I never thought I would...

*sigh* it's so true, isn't it?  These sites have a such a tone of 'we're the best ever and deserve absolutely everything.' This is my generation, too.