Inside Sport

Forumers Football

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2495817.aspx

By chillbilly - 6 Mar 2017 4:29 PM

The old thread seems to have disappeared so here is a new one. Anyone playing again this year?

My team lost our goalkeeper and a back in the offseason. Attempts by me to sign decent attacking players with the two open spots were outvoted by the team in favour of yet another pair of defenders to go with the 11 others we have in our squad of 16 and we are trying to convince one of our number to go permanently into goals.
The players I tried to sign went to teams that are in our competition so we will see if mistakes were ultimately made. The other three more natural attacking players and I seem to be in much better form than last year at training so far hopefully that translates into more goals than last year.

Trials are being a pain again. We've had about 6 organised that fell through for various reasons. 2 were cancelled because we found more appropriate opponents only for the new opponent to cancel on us.

By chillbilly - 14 Mar 2017 12:36 AM

Bye in round 1. Annoyed. 11 of the 16 competitions have byes in them. Surely they could have shifted one team up or down from each competition so that they ended up with 15 competitions and only one bye. I'd much rather play in a grade that's maybe a bit too high for us every week than have a bye in a competition that we are one of the better sides.