Inside Sport

A year of EPL on Optus Live Streaming Service

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2526463.aspx

By Harrison84 - 22 May 2017 7:02 PM

Well the EPL season has come and gone and gives an opportunity to reflect on the change in broadcaster, after moving from Foxtel to Optus.

For me it's been a downward step in terms of my enjoyment of the EPL experience, and probably the lowest amount of games I've watched in an EPL season in 10 years. 

Optus have given it a go, and the quality is there but for me it highlights a few things that made more of a difference than i thought they would:

1. i just don't like the idea of sport on demand as much as i thought i would. It doesn't feel live to me through a netflix type interface. 

2. I prefer a local take as analysis on the games which has a bit of humor about it and also shares your experience of a bunch of EPL loving guys pulling an all nighter to watch premier league (as it was with Robbie, Bozza and Adam Peacock).

3. Also unlike on foxtel i don't ever watch games a few days later the way i would if foxtel were showing a replay or even if i had iq'd a game. 

What do you think? 
Has it changed your experience for better or worse,  or had absolutely no effect? 
Do you think it has been a success for optus or made a massive dent in Foxtel's profits? 
By johnszasz - 27 May 2017 8:48 PM

Same in Germany with Sky losing the rights and DAZN showing it online. It was pretty good via the Xbox app and the Internet is fast enough. It did cut out occasionally. Thankfully DAZN have interesting half time segments and show memorable goal clips at ht.