Inside Sport

Inclusion of City and victory academies to NPL

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2527081.aspx

By Stamap - 24 May 2017 2:11 PM

With the inclusion of 3 age groups in the junior NPL comp in 2018, could it be another nail in the coffin of VIC NPL?
- Will NPL clubs further invest in coaches knowing that their best talents will be taken from them anyway with no compensation for years developed at the club
- Will parents remain content to pay $2k per season knowing that these academies will wipe the floor with their kids team
- With best players being at these academies, has the fate of remaining players in the npl been sealed
Sydney delegates advised Vic counterparts to not make the same mistake they made by letting aleague academies into the NPL leagues

With Vic clubs hands being forced by FFA to accept them due to AFC regulations will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Currently a lot of unrest around club land with the decision to let them in.
By bj1904 - 3 Oct 2017 1:14 AM

Arthur - 9 Sep 2017 10:19 PM
@bj1904 I'm not surprised quite frankly especially about the lack of technical training.

When South Melbourne brought the Brazilian Coaches here it was seen as cutting edge.
This didn't work because Brazilian coaches don't teach technique. They don't need to.
Fathers and the family unit teach technique, the nations Football encourages and demeands technique.

In Brazil when there are football trials the variation in technical ability is not that great, their outliers in technical ability are the Neymars of this world.
So who to select? Naturally you pick the biggest fastest ones or the ones with exceptional technique.
And we talk of exceptional technique lets make it clear that we don't even rate by their standards.
Its no different in the Major Football Nations.

http://www.espnfc.com/india/story/3067772/aiffs-proposed-baby-league-explained
https://soccerfitnessgols.com/2016/09/26/3-things-canadians-can-learn-from-uruguayan-youth-soccer/
http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articles2012/TheTrainingEdgeTheStructureofUruguay.aspx

The links to the Uruguay Baby Leagues show its no wonder they can produce a Suarez.
Our competitions are over regulated and our current Football Experts don't know how we didi it in the past.
A-League franchises having junior teams in the NPL won't work in terms of the outcomes most think will occur or to what our experts theorize what will occur.
My reasoning is based on the fact that without change in the pyramid and an open playing field in Football Culture, Football Structure and Football Bureaucracy needed to improve the level and quatity of grassroots players we will not have the desired "Critical Mass" to develop top line talent.

We focus too much on elite and not enough on grassroots.

I just want to add some thing here, I have been in this country for now 2 years, NPL has been running for 2 years for girls and longer I believe for boys, both my children played in NPL Clubs since we have been here, the cost is unbelievable but we went to the meetings the clubs and they all explained what you get etc etc, well boy were we disappointed, the coaches level was very very low (licensed with no experience), the level of players in the NPL Club and Competition were very low and now this year my son has been offered to return to the club for 2018 but you have to pay huge money to book your spot which they dont play in the competition for another seven months, they sell it like they are doing us a favour, they failed in every aspect of their delivery and I recently found out that every kids got an offer to return which kind of makes any new ones trailing a bit of a joke, we actually noticed the year before at this particular club when my daughter trailed the coaches were hardly looking at any of the kids, seems they have it all sorted and they want everyone signed up so no one else can get them. Well one thing I can tell you is I looked as every grade in this club over the last season and there level was low, I suspect a result of the club just retaining 95% of every player, I would not have thought that this was what the NPL system was all about. Also during the season watched quite a few community clubs game and the quality was the same if not better, I also know some very good players not playing is NPL clubs. I did some research over the week and I called three community clubs and there fees average $1000, it seems that NPL has force the price of Community Clubs through the roof. I have read a bit on here about things about the NPL when it was being considered, I think it is the biggest flawed design I have ever seen and I think that there will be some very tough times ahead financially for clubs, I also think that the talented footballers will not purse NPL clubs and will head straight to A League clubs as soon as the opportunity  arises or overseas, if a player makes an NPL Club senior team then they are not good enough to move on from there. This NPL model is crazy, it is certainly not developing any talented footballers and the business model is flawed, who gets rid of hundreds of kids from a football club ? NPL do, it just crazy and has to be unsustainable, gloomy times ahead I can see !!!! oh an one more thing who's stupid idea was it to play two u12 teams them swap then and half time, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of, HEY SON how did your game go today, did you win ? lol lol , whats he gonna say NO WE JUST PLAYED FOR DEVELOPMENT THIS YEAR, its so laughable, I think it is all very sad that the game administrators have stuffed up on this one, but we would have left the game by the time this has proven to be the biggest failure in football administration I have ever seen. crazy crazy crazy. Regards From some one who was not there when the planning of the NPL was being considered, I am a businessman and I have read lots of posts on here, I have also run football clubs and I think this NPL is on a
suicide mission !!!!! its a matter of time.