Inside Sport

FFA have provided a shot in the arm for Tassie football

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2540397.aspx

By Decentric - 21 Jun 2017 10:46 AM

FFA's decision to create a state league in Tasmania has done wonders to improve the standard of Tasmanian football.

I've really annoyed that the FFA bean counters won't give Tasmania a HAL team. However, the state league is now  attracting  some better coaches from outside the state and the FFA coach education has improved the quality of local coaching.

The Tasmanian NPL has emerged from a fight ball, long ball, direct league, to where there is more sustained possession, steady build ups in midfield and playing out from the back.

There are clear phases of Ball Possession, Ball Possession Opposition, Defensive and Attacking Transitions manifest. The state league has also recruited quite a lot of USA college players, English imports and a diversity of other imports.  They are lifting playing standards.

For the first time I'm enjoying watching  live NPL football more than the stagnant HAL on TV.

There is  a lot more anti FFA feeling on this forum now, than a few years ago.

I''ll make this abundantly clear. I support most of the what FFA's Technical Department desire and carry out, but I am constantly annoyed with FFA bean counters, Gallop and Lowy.

In this case, Tasmanian football, FFA have done well. Each NPL comp victor has the prize of national comp participation.
By angusozi - 7 Jul 2017 9:58 PM

Decentric - 7 Jul 2017 8:50 AM
angusozi - 6 Jul 2017 8:04 PM

I'd like to see Borough achieve more success, because they do more work on developing local players.

Others try to buy success.

Agreed. I've commented on this earlier, I really hope it pays of for us soon