Inside Sport

Robbie Kruse Appreciation Thread

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2581173.aspx

By Bunch of Hacks - 12 Oct 2017 8:56 PM

Getting really sick and tired of all the Kruse hate being thrown around and tbh i stinks of bullying to a degree particularly when ppl start up about his face or him being skinny etc. 

The facts of the matter are:
- No player has come even close to Kruse in the last say 4 years in terms of assists and chances created.  These last 2 games Kruse was involved in all 3 goals for 1 assist, 1 goal and one involved in buildup. Thats a good return against a decent team in syria.
- no socceroo would have made nearly as many runs off the ball as Kruse.
- No socceroo is as unselfish. The amount of Km's Kruse covers also is insane.
- no socceroo wins as many fouls or penalties as kruse 

Finally and most tellingly you can see the difference in the team when Kruse plays. The whole team seems to click in attack far more when he is in the side due to his movement and incisive moments.

There's 2 types of people on this forum - the first are people who shit all over kruse and everything he does including puerile remarks about his face, and the others are people who actually know about football
By sirhcdobo - 19 Sep 2019 11:43 AM

Feed_The_Brox - 18 Sep 2019 1:02 PM
I think it was a mistake for Kruse to return to Australia. But now that he has, I hope he destroys it and silences the haters. But if he fails, he'll probably cop that chorus for the rest of his life. Which is why it is a dangerous move for him to return.

yeah a dangerous move if he does not kill it here. I agree that he is not the player that he once was but 7 years of injury will do that to you. I do think that if he stays injury free, he will dominate the A-League. he still has a (comparatively to the league) good touch, can draw a player, foul, beat players. I was actually hoping that the roar put an offer in because he still is well above most of the league.

Saying that, he is not at the level of the national team and unless he has an absolute blinder should not be anywhere near contention (he also does not suite the inverted winger style that BVM/Granold/Ange was playing for the roos which was part of the reason he failed hard at that level).