Inside Sport

Do you prefer HAL or ACL?

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2626435.aspx

By Decentric - 21 Feb 2018 8:19 AM

Every now and then I like to start threads to see what public opinion on 442 is, and why.

I much prefer ACL football to HAL football. This is on the occasions when Aussie teams play overseas opposition.

I'm fed up with the stale old 10 team HAL format with no local team to support. The standard of the opposition  is much higher in the ACL. The domestic teams and domestic players of South Korea and Japan seem better than ours, whilst China have some really high quality imports in their best teams.

Even though some have cogently argued there are only about five regular teams from each of China, Japan and South Korea,  who represent these leagues on a regular basis, interspersed with the odd team from Thailand, Vietnam, etc, it makes for interesting comparisons with our club teams.

Few spectators turn up live to watch ACL football in Australian home games compared to HAL games. It might the the case that Adelaide ACL crowds are closer in size to their HAL crowds.

Thoughts?
By melbourne_terrace - 22 Feb 2018 1:15 AM

ACL everyday. Strong quality, interesting variety of opponents and the fact that's its's a proper competitive league unlike any of the poisoned FFA tournaments.

There are still significant changes that i'd like to see happen, mostly addressing the East-West split and the number of teams, but it is still a engaging competition.