Inside Sport

How do we Prevent and MLS model.

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2651298.aspx

By Midfielder - 8 May 2018 2:45 PM

Lets all agree on one thing FFA in its current format is not servicing the needs of Australian Footballs potential to anywhere near where it should.

Lets not get bogged down into why and what is wrong with our current model.

What most want, is an expanded A-League independently run, a second division, P & R within a reasonable timeframe. Again lets not put dates and numbers lets accept the concept of an independent league with a second division and in time P & R.

To this end I read with some interest from NZ media, the article and statements by the Nix’s owners essentially saying metrics are a FFA invention and they should stay.  Stay meaning forever is how the article reads.

If this is the common thoughts and feeling of all the owners, which if you read some of the releases it does seem to be what they think.

How do we prevent an independent Hal coping an MLS structure as opposed to an EPL structure? Both models have the clubs running and controlling the competition.

The huge difference the MLS model is a closed franchise model almost identical to what we have now except the clubs control it where as we have our governing body controlling it. Also to the best of my knowledge no funding the MLS receives is passed on to lower levels of USA Football.  

Do we each write to the State Feds or email them saying as fans we don’t want to swap one closed franchise model for a similar model with different people in charge.

By sokorny - 9 May 2018 4:50 PM

Buggalugs 2.0 - 9 May 2018 4:18 PM
Midfielder - 9 May 2018 4:09 PM

Stop attending a closed league

I'd suggest you investigate lobby groups and what their MO is. In effect you need to create a lobby group that petitions the FFA / Club board to meet your demands.

Short of making our voices heard / lobbying (and that our voice is that of the majority), you'd have to be in a position of power yourself to make sure it happens (or have a supporter in that position ... again which would probably come via a lobby group).