Inside Sport

Top 50 Australian Youth Detailed and Ranked (with pictures)

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2685048.aspx

By Neanderthal - 5 Aug 2018 4:58 PM

This is my most ambitious post ever. My Principia. My Origin of Species. My Mona Lisa.

I started keeping tabs of young potential future Socceroos in the notes of my phone. Then added images to be able to picture them better when reading The Aussies Abroad thread or A-League results. It became too good a resource not to screenshot and share.

Below, Australia's top 51 youth born in 1997 or younger (So max age 21).
Let me know if I missed anyone obvious.

Rankings based on:

- Achievement (So naturally favours older players and players getting game time)
- Hype (here and in the media)
- Managers/pundits assessments
- My own bias/reading of the stats

Goalkeepers:
Only one name in this age group thrown around at this stage.

Defence:
Looking strong in the fullback spots. We’re living in Australia's Leftback golden generation.
Centre back is looking thin, but it is a late bloomers position.

Central Midfield:
Some tough competition coming through for our senior National teams already strong midfield.

Attacking Midfield/Wingers:
An endless supply of high potential technically skilled attacking midfielders coming through. Much needed in our senior national team.
Rank 2-9 were hard to split as they’re all equally full of hype and potential.

Strikers:
This section felt like scraping the bottom of the barrel from the start. Just like the previous generation, we have a lack of strikers getting game time or scoring goals.
Few of these players have done anything aside from threatening to break out. But all we need is one or two.

By johnszasz - 1 May 2021 9:14 PM

Glad to see most have kicked on here. Midfield somewhat disappointing whereas some strikers have given up the game. Still, top value in Iredale next season hopefully and Juric is going great.