Inside Sport

Socceroos great Mark Bresciano breaks bad as a cannabis farmer

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Topic2698915.aspx

By RedKat - 27 Sep 2018 4:36 PM

SOCCEROOS great Mark Bresciano has sent his career up in smoke — by becoming a cannabis farmer.The 84-cap Australia international had long spells with Parma and Palermo in Italy’s Serie A, and also played for Lazio and Empoli,” The Sun reports.Winger Bresciano agreed a four-year contract with Manchester City in 2008, but remained with Palermo when the deal broke downNow retired and living in Melbourne, the 38-year-old has begun growing dope for medical uses.Mark Bresciano is a Socceroos great.Mark Bresciano is a Socceroos great.Source:News Limited“I’m investing in property these days, and working on cultivating cannabis,” he said.“At present I am studying with a partner who is working towards producing marijuana-based medicines within the next year.“The company is called Greenhope. We have identified a site and obtained the necessary licences.“There is still a long way to go before we can produce cannabis-based drugs.“For the moment we are going to Canada and the US to learn more, as well as Europe — where there are experts.Mark Bresciano is on the grass.Mark Bresciano is on the grass.Source:Getty Images“I miss playing football. It is like a religion in Italy.“But I have lost my passion for the professional game. I am just a spectator these days.”Greenhope has launched a fledgling website, bearing the message: “Hope Is Coming ... the movement is medicinal.”Bresciano hung up his boots in 2015 after a three-year spell with Qatari club Al-Gharafa.He was last year picked by the FFA (Football Federation Australia) as part of a nine man panel responsible for selecting Dutch manager Bert van Marwijk to coach the Socceroos to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia this year.— This story originally appeared on thesun.co.uk

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/socceroos-great-mark-bresciano-breaks-bad-as-a-cannabis-farmer/news-story/1ea28874e64b3e3fef8347cf578a46f2
By sydneyfc1987 - 28 Oct 2022 5:55 PM

Mr Cleansheets - 28 Oct 2022 5:02 PM
Davstar - 27 Oct 2022 11:29 PM

Under rated?

Bresch is a god. I don't know anyone who wouldn't agree.

Totally agree, probably our most talented after dukes and harry, yet hasn't ever received anywhere near the same level of attention.